The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Selling more shirts, isn't that the purpose of all these purchaces?
In Real's case of course it is. They simpley have no plan at all. They had 200mln euros available for the transfer market and they went after most expensivse players like Ronaldo where you can fans wanking all over Spain. I still think they aren't a big team, I expect them to fail in the Champions League and even in La Liga. And yet again they will be world's richest club by selling those jerseys and buying more so called super-models later on. I hate the way they are keeping the club look good financially.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
In Real's case of course it is. They simpley have no plan at all. They had 200mln euros available for the transfer market and they went after most expensivse players like Ronaldo where you can fans wanking all over Spain. I still think they aren't a big team, I expect them to fail in the Champions League and even in La Liga. And yet again they will be world's richest club by selling those jerseys and buying more so called super-models later on. I hate the way they are keeping the club look good financially.
Essentially we would all love to have superstars in our team,so i cant really fault them for that.Ronaldo has been performing along with Kaka & Benzema,players like Alonso,Albiol,Arbeloa & Granero with obviously soak up most of the pressure.The looks good on paper but i find it hard to see Pellegrini controlling Ronaldo's huge ego & if Del Bosque couldnt handle a bunch of prima donna's then i doubt he'll pull it off.

As for the jersey issue its not just about selling,Real do a magnificent job of marketing the club,its history(trophies) & star players.Juve could do a major marketing job & make some serious cash but apparently marketing outside of Italy isnt that important.Perez knows that the huge media coverage Real gets for paying over the odds for players brings in huge coverage & thats why they sell their merchandise so quickly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Essentially we would all love to have superstars in our team,so i cant really fault them for that.Ronaldo has been performing along with Kaka & Benzema,players like Alonso,Albiol,Arbeloa & Granero with obviously soak up most of the pressure.The looks good on paper but i find it hard to see Pellegrini controlling Ronaldo's huge ego & if Del Bosque couldnt handle a bunch of prima donna's then i doubt he'll pull it off.

As for the jersey issue its not just about selling,Real do a magnificent job of marketing the club,its history(trophies) & star players.Juve could do a major marketing job & make some serious cash but apparently marketing outside of Italy isnt that important.Perez knows that the huge media coverage Real gets for paying over the odds for players brings in huge coverage & thats why they sell their merchandise so quickly.
Ronaldo is talented, can't deny that but I don't see him as a player any longer. Compare his look when he came to England and now when he arrived in Spain. I wouldn't say he's a football player, more like a bodybuilder. He started to lose his speed and I don't think he's going to be on top any longer. I like Kaka as a player but I think his performances have dropped a lot over the past 2 years. They were just pure marketing move IMO. As for Benzema, he's probably going to end up like Huntelaar.

It's just history (the old team back then when they had Figo, Zidane etc.) that keeps them on the top. Club full of superstars, like Real, is likely to fail sooner or later and no, even with all that money I wouldn't buy those "super stars", not all of them at least.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Ronaldo is talented, can't deny that but I don't see him as a player any longer. Compare his look when he came to England and now when he arrived in Spain. I wouldn't say he's a football player, more like a bodybuilder. He started to lose his speed and I don't think he's going to be on top any longer. I like Kaka as a player but I think his performances have dropped a lot over the past 2 years. They were just pure marketing move IMO. As for Benzema, he's probably going to end up like Huntelaar.

It's just history (the old team back then when they had Figo, Zidane etc.) that keeps them on the top. Club full of superstars, like Real, is likely to fail sooner or later and no, even with all that money I wouldn't buy those "super stars", not all of them at least.
No the main thing about Kaka & Ronaldo is that they have had amazing performances in the past & many would consider those their prime moments.Ronaldo had to work on his physique & strength(Giovinco???).Kaka started to look shit because the rest of his ex team mates were shit btw.They can give alot to Real but id doubt they can eclipse their past performances,mainly Ronaldo though.As for Benzema,i hope he flops & finds his way to Juve for 13m.:D

The first los galacticos phase failed because they ignored the defensive department & losing Makelele to Chelsea was the final nail in the coffin.Aslos senior players like Raul caused extreme chaos by making Del Bosque's job difficult.Could you imagine if Secco managed to purchase Ronaldo,Kaka & Benzema??? Juve would walk all over Italy & Europe,week in week out thats for sure!

Btw Del Bosque got his revenge on Raul with non selection for Spain over & over again.:seven:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No the main thing about Kaka & Ronaldo is that they have had amazing performances in the past & many would consider those their prime moments.Ronaldo had to work on his physique & strength(Giovinco???).Kaka started to look shit because the rest of his ex team mates were shit btw.They can give alot to Real but id doubt they can eclipse their past performances,mainly Ronaldo though.As for Benzema,i hope he flops & finds his way to Juve for 13m.:D

The first los galacticos phase failed because they ignored the defensive department & losing Makelele to Chelsea was the final nail in the coffin.Aslos senior players like Raul caused extreme chaos by making Del Bosque's job difficult.Could you imagine if Secco managed to purchase Ronaldo,Kaka & Benzema??? Juve would walk all over Italy & Europe,week in week out thats for sure!

Btw Del Bosque got his revenge on Raul with non selection for Spain over & over again.:seven:
Giovinco is a kid, he simply can't pull that off. :D Just google "c ronaldo sporting" and see how skinny he was back then and look at him now. Look at his neck, and how he must show his triceps when he scores or misses some chance. When he lifts his arms in the air I have a feeling like the jersey is going to tear itself.

I agree it was because of their defense mainly. But then they wanted to buy someone, and it was freakin' Pepe...for 30mln euros.

I'm not trying to bash those 3 out of jealousy but one thing is for sure. For that amount of money they could have made their team look MUCH better and they'd have a chance to win something. If it was what they needed but it's not the case. It was a waste of money (and I'm talking about winning trophies, not about their marketing).

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Actually their squad is perfectly capable of winning every trophy available.Its whether or not if Pellegrini can create good team chemistry,enstil work ethic into the superstars,gain respect amongst the players & not allow the big boys to mess with him.

In the end it all boils down to the coach,on paper Real are perfect.As for overspending,youre right.They could have defintely bought players far more cheaper with the same amount of talent.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
d'agostino did not impress at all with italy today... just as i said, when nobody runs there is no space for his passes
the one player that has impressed me every single time i've watched Italy has been Grosso...i keep hoping that he'd be ours someday soon....(b4 he expires!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)