The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (152 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Juve look to Lazio ace Wednesday 13 May, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio defender Aleksandar Kolarov is a new transfer target for Juventus, according to Press reports.

The Old Lady will look to galvanise the squad this summer in a bid to secure the Scudetto next term.

One position that needs reinforcement is left-back with Christian Molinaro out injured for around four months and Paolo De Ceglie's future still not certain.

According to Tuttosport, Juve are lining up Lazio man Kolarov after an impressive season from the Serbian.

The 23-year-old is versatile and can also help fill the gap on the left wing that Pavel Nedved's retirement will create.

A £7m price tag has been placed on Kolarov by the media, but Lazio chief Claudio Lotito is unlikely to be keen to sell him as he tries to build a winning squad.

Juve are also not expected to make any definite transfer swoops until they have decided who will lead the side next term

channel4

I know very little about this guy is he any good? has he been discussed here before?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Every serie A team can sign during the season (it includes the summer and the winter transfer session) only 2 non-EU players from OUTSIDE serie A.
For example, Juve can sign 11 players with non-EU passports, but in that case 9 of them will have to be bought from other serie A clubs.

It's interesting that in the last 2 seasons we never used our right to buy a non-EU player outside Italy.
In 2007/08 we bought Salihamidzic (Bosnian but with German passport), Sissoko (French passport) and Almiron (Argie but bought from another serie A team so doesn't count as non-EU)

In 2008/09 we bought Amauri and Knezevic (from another serie A team) so again we didn't use the non-EU players quota.

Of course, you can buy more than 2 non-EU from outside Italy, but you can register only 2 of them for the particular season.
There is also a loophole. You can sign a player, loan him to another serie A team, and then get him back as a non-EU because you're bringing him from another Italian team. (we did that with Mutu in 2004)

Milan on the other hand were screwed hard for not being careful with the non-EU rule. They registered Shevchenko and Vuidez and then they didn't have space for Thiago Silva so the Brazilian couldn't play at all for Milan, even though he was much more needed than Sheva and Vuidez.
haha i love it. b-e-a-utiful

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,724
    Because I feel it's time for him to go elsewhere. Also, I believe that in today's world of soccer/football forwards need to be mobile and help the team more instead of just poaching those goals in. Love the guy but I think he'd be better somewhere else.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I know very little about this guy is he any good? has he been discussed here before?
    Much better than what we have at LB.
    23yo, technically very good, strongest shot in the league. Still space for improvement, but he's having a very good season and he has potential to become one of the best LBs in Europe.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    Guarente the next Almiron ? i am very sceptic towards players from small teams

but thanks for the info Markello
    I'd compare him to Marchisio.He's no ballerina,quite the opposite.Underrated player.
    Tell that Guru to go f*ck himself. Iaquinta better not move.
    "Antonello Moggi" and "ACB" are the only guys I trust.The rest of the so called gurus are ridiculous.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    Much better than what we have at LB.
    23yo, technically very good, strongest shot in the league. Still space for improvement, but he's having a very good season and he has potential to become one of the best LBs in Europe.
    what about his work ethic ?
    is he as "good" defensively as molinaro ?

if the answer is "high" and "yes" than get that bum !

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,729
    You think Iaquinta would go to Tottenham where he could face some competition in front the year of the WC? nah!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    what about his work ethic ?
    is he as "good" defensively as molinaro ?

if the answer is "high" and "yes" than get that bum !
    He's a hard worker, that's for sure. Big guy that runs a lot and is very strong physically. Here there will be no complains at all.
    About the defensive aspect of his game i can't really say much, and it's because it's hard to say more unless you follow the guy constantly. Depending on the opponent Lazio had when i watched them, Kolarov used to play more defensively against certain teams and against some he was even a wing-back (which i think doesn't suit him at all). Against Juve for example, he was perfect in defense, a wall, but on some matches both him and the others from Lazio's backline were very poor.
    I can't give a good answer on this question. Personally i think that he can also be very good in defense, even better than in attack, but i might easily be wrong at the end. I will have to ask some Lazio fans for their opinion.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,733
    I've never seen him make normal a cross. When he attempts them they're go hard, fast and straight. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    :lol:

but seriously though, we could bring back Criscito.
    Yes, i was thinking the same. When we already have Criscito we really shouldn't think about other LBs who aren't really top class (yet).
    Kolarov is a good player with good potential, but Criscito is having even a better season than him, and we already own the guy so....

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    He's a hard worker, that's for sure. Big guy that runs a lot and is very strong physically.
    thanks, i feel that we need some physical strong players if we want to bully others around like inter ... and molinaro does not know how to use his body, while de ceglie simply got no body strength and hurts his bones, when he accidently collides with a fly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)