The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (143 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
NO LOANS or CO -OWNERSHIPS!! I agree Andy, unless its a goalie that has no chance to replace Buffon then go on loan, field players need minutes in our team, not with a coach that we have no control over how they treat our player.
Agreed.

How about we just look at what would be most beneficial for each individual player and the club?
It's my belief that loaning players is not in their best interest as it puts their fate in the hands of another manager who knows he'll lose him at the end of the spell anyway. You don't see Wenger or Ferguson loaning youngsters out all the time, and when they do the players clearly don't really have a future at the club.

Loaning and co-ownerships should be banned outright as they are unfair to smaller clubs and sometimes stifle the development of younger players.

NO to loaning and co-owns.

Mar 30, 2006
Agreed.

It's my belief that loaning players is not in their best interest as it puts their fate in the hands of another manager who knows he'll lose him at the end of the spell anyway. You don't see Wenger or Ferguson loaning youngsters out all the time, and when they do the players clearly don't really have a future at the club.

Loaning and co-ownerships should be banned outright as they are unfair to smaller clubs and sometimes stifle the development of younger players.

loans did not stifle the development of Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giovinco. If it was not for the experience they gain on their loans getting a season in Serie A under their belt who knows how they would have performed when thrown in to the first team for Juve. Look what happened with Criscito who had never played Serie A but then came here and crumbled under the pressure. If we bring him back now after gaining experience with Genoa he will be a very different player.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
loans did not stifle the development of Marchisio, De Ceglie and Giovinco. If it was not for the experience they gain on their loans getting a season in Serie A under their belt who knows how they would have performed when thrown in to the first team for Juve. Look what happened with Criscito who had never played Serie A but then came here and crumbled under the pressure. If we bring him back now after gaining experience with Genoa he will be a very different player.
Look at all the other players we've thrown away from loans.

Giovinco and Marchisio already demonstrated they could play in Serie B. Criscito wasn't given enough of a chance to demonstrate what he could do for us in just a couple matches last year.

Even if there are some exceptions out there, it's still a detrimental policy for smaller clubs who lose players because the larger clubs poach them and send them off on loan until they're needed.

And again, if loaning is so great, why don't the clubs with some of the best youth programs in the world ever loan their talents out? The answer is fucking obvious.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Agreed.

I see your point about harming the development of a younger player, where an ideal environment for them would be the club even though they are not getting enough games. But that the point there, these kids need playing time, not only to prove themselves but also to improve. Not many clubs can provide that sufficiently.

About the smaller clubs, I think its more about the expected role that the loaned player is to play. If they are building a team around them then will definitely be harmed in the process, but if they are using them to better themselves as a team then I don't see how is it unfair to them.

Mar 30, 2006

Giovinco and Marchisio already demonstrated they could play in Serie B. Criscito wasn't given enough of a chance to demonstrate what he could do for us in just a couple matches last year.

Even if there are some exceptions out there, it's still a detrimental policy for smaller clubs who lose players because the larger clubs poach them and send them off on loan until they're needed.

And again, if loaning is so great, why don't the clubs with some of the best youth programs in the world ever loan their talents out? The answer is fucking obvious.
Not always. Like Ariaudo can be a great player but is it worth the risk to test him in matches that could impact the title race? If the quality of the young player is obvious it might not be.. but it is risky too. Arsenal get soo much out of their young players but they too have not won anything i na fair amount of time. When they were winning the younger players were less integral to their setup. I think a team like Barca has the right idea with how to bring youngsters into the setup without loaning them as you say.

The problem with us is we have too many mediocre senior players in the pecking order. The only way we can afford to keep our young players in the squad and give them experience without using loans is to trim the fat in our first team. Like Mourinho says he only wants like 22 first team players. Easier to build team spirit and get the most out of the players you have. If we had a smaller squad with more quality in the senior players we do have our team would be better and our youngsters would get more chances.

But if we have Zanetti, Tiago, Almiron, Poulsen, Momo, Marchisio in mid .. how will Ekdal ever get a chance without a loan? The only answer is to trim down the squad.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

I don't like loaning, as a general rule, and I would ban co-ownerships.

However, there are occasions when loaning is beneficial to all parties, so I don't see any problem with some youngsters going on loan.

Players who are 17-19 shouldn't be loaned, they should develop through proper coaching at the club.

Players who are 20-22, but aren't ready for the first team or will struggle to get playing time, should be loaned out because that is an age at which development can stagnate. However, there aren't many players who aren't ready at 21 or 22 that go on to be very good players.

So I agree that loaning isn't usually a good thing, but, in certain cirumstances, it can be the best option.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Yep...I can't imagine Balotelli or Santon being loaned out...they seem to be doing just fine at Internazionale. How old were our youngsters when they finally got serious playing time? Sadly, Inters "younger" youth are playing just as well if not better (in some games) than our "older" youth. I do not like the idea of a coach that is only capable of coaching a mid-table team developing players we have already spent years developing through the youth academy, then hand their fate to another party that had absolutely no hand in their previous development? Besides, from a psychological standpoint from the player, perhaps they would find it more motivating and educational playing with leaders at the club...for example: Giovinco learning from DP.

Besides, lets be honest, loans/co-own's are used (IMO) to ease the transfer of players between clubs...here is a player we have some faith in and instead of continuing to develop him at our own club, we will give him to you so we can take this player that is of interest to us from your club...and perhaps we buy him back at the end of the season...as Andy says, its potentially very hurtful to the smaller club.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
Ivanovic is suddenly looking like a better option than originally thought.
But thanks to incompetence in certain areas of the club, well...you know the story.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ivanovic is suddenly looking like a better option than originally thought.
But thanks to incompetence in certain areas of the club, well...you know the story.
:lol2:

You didn't want him when the club was after him, but want him now that we missed out on signing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)