The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (157 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sure would.

Martin Škrteľ wouldn't be bad either..

Not like Hypia though, that guy is probably the fastest defender on earth. I don't think there has ever been a better defender than Sami. But Sadomin is right, N'Gog and Degen are the real deal.

So much talent in Liverpool's ranks.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not like Hypia though, that guy is probably the fastest defender on earth. I don't think there has ever been a better defender than Sami. But Sadomin is right, N'Gog and Degen are the real deal.
:D

Marceℓℓo;1945576 said:
It's a shame we didn't buy Grosso one or two seasons ago.Always impressed me when playing for the Azzurri...
Doesn't seem to be as consistent at club level, though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I never ever understood, nor will i ever understand people rating Grosso. This is just like saying you rate Milan Baros imo. He was always brilliant for his NT, but in club level he was an ordinary player. The same goes for Grosso, he's brilliant going forward, no two ways about that, but he's an average defender.

Honestly there are like 9-10 leftbacks that are better than him.

Edit: Red beat me to it.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I'm just able to rate him by his Azzurri performances where he is greatness as I've rarely seen a Inter or Lyon match.Of course there are better ones,didn't say otherwise.Gimme Clichy and I'm satisfied.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Marceℓℓo;1945590 said:
I'm just able to rate him by his Azzurri performances where he is greatness as I've rarely seen a Inter or Lyon match.Of course there are better ones,didn't say otherwise.Gimme Clichy and I'm satisfied.
Clichy has been horrible this season actually. :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You won't mind letting him go, then.
Of course i would. He gave us two very good seasons and the ability is obviously there. His problems this season can be attributed to self confidence rather than lack of ability.

Marceℓℓo;1945596 said:
He wasn't horrible last season though as far as I know.
No he wasn't, he was actually voted the best leftback in the league last season.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Of course i would. He gave us two very good seasons and the ability is obviously there. His problems this season can be attributed to self confidence rather than lack of ability.
I was joking.

I know Clichy is still one of the best LBs around.

How about a swap deal: Clichy to Aberdeen, Charlie Mulgrew to Arsenal?

He can do this:

But I won't show him failing to accomplish the simplest defensive tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)