The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Diego as a CM? Can he play that role, especially in a 2 CM (DM) formation? I really doubt it. Thought he was a typical AMC. Does he have that defensive skills and stamina for a CM?
It was said that Diego failed as a CM even in a three-men CMs formation when he was in Portugal. Is that true?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Spending more isn't necessarily equal to greater success. As a team, I think that would be strong and balanced.

Silva is a player who I really rate, but I reckon Hamsik would slot in easier. I wouldn't mind a 4-4-2 with Giovinco and Silva on the flanks but I don't think Ranieri would play that way. I can't see many ways to play Del Piero (or Iaquinta/Trez), Silva and Giovinco together. What I like about Silva is his intelligence and movement however. He doesn't dwell on the ball and is always playable. A team player.

Diego would take Hamsik's role in that formation but at the expense of the defence and midfield strength. We'd be more creative, sure, but Inter's been winning the Scudetto with a strong and compact midfield, with a forward and fullback doing most of the creative work. With Del Piero, Giovinco and Amauri in attack already, I don't think we need another ball hog.

Cassano is a great player but playing him would also require some tinkering, at the expense of either Del Piero or Giovinco. I wouldn't complain at all if we buy him but this is a player who needs the team to be adjusted to him, in order to play at his best. We already have such players, and this is where Hamsik comes into the picture.

My midfield would be extremely dynamic and hard to play against, while at the same time able to offer support to the forwards. It would allow a player like Giovinco to shine. Playing those three in midfield also makes it possible to play an attacking fullback, like Zuniga. Perhaps I am overrating Hamsik, but there's nothing I dislike more than players being lethargic on the pitch. As skillful as Tiago and Cassano might be, this makes me a bit biased against them.

What made Nedved such an extraordinary player was his directness and ability to really get stuck in. If you're taking off a player with those characteristics, then you need to replace it somehow.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Meeh, are you secco's little bro? Hamsik and Zuniga only wouldnt be much of an upgrade. We would be gambling alot on Hamsik to step up, and I wouldnt like those odds.
:agree: i don't see whats so amazing about Hamsik that people rate him very high here!! Other than ( he's i admit impressive goal scoring record) but he's overall performances in games is really questionable .....

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
:agree: i don't see whats so amazing about Hamsik that people rate him very high here!! Other than ( he's i admit impressive goal scoring record) but he's overall performances in games is really questionable .....
We haven't had a goal scoring midfielder since Nedved a few years ago. Marchisio and Sissoko have scored some lately fortunately, but with such creative forces in attack (DP, Amauri, Gio) preoccupying opponent defenses, someone making dangerous runs into the box from midfield would be absolutely deadly.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
we should get Diego. I know he doesn't have Pavel Nedveds characteristics, but Zidane didn't have Nedved's characteristics neither, he was more playmaking, dribbling, and long shots and took us to two CL finals. and thats what Diego has. I think he'll be a great player and will bring revenue to the club via jersey sells..etc. and He could probably be our next Platini!.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The boat's called Titanic :D

You're sooo gonna be proven wrong. My eye for top talent is unmistakable :p
:lol: good one.

But no, its you thats going to be proven wrong when Hamsik moves to Inter next season for a big lump sum. Then fails miserably Quaresma style and gets loaned to Chelsea in the winter :p

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
:lol: good one.

But no, its you thats going to be proven wrong when Hamsik moves to Inter next season for a big lump sum. Then fails miserably Quaresma style and gets loaned to Chelsea in the winter :p
I had to check for last season's stats to reply :)

There is something obviously wrong in Hamsik's game in the last 4 months. Last year he was the serie A leader in crossing. The player with the highest number of successful crosses. He was in top5 in one more categorie (corners won) and top 7 in another category (assists).
Compared to last year, he's consistent only in scoring goals. He scored many goals both last and this year. He scores a lot of goals for a midfielder (only Kaka was ahead of him both this and last year).
But even this year 80% of his goals (9 goals) and assists (4) came in the first 3 months (September, October and November).

One has to wonder what is the problem. Why was he ever present everywhere on the pitch, involved in everything, and why is he lately like a ghost that only knows how to pop up in the box and score (which is something you'd expect from Trez, not from Hamsik).
Last year his position on the pitch was a little different so that might explain the differences from last year and last 4 months. But i can't see why there is such a difference between his performances before December and his performances after December. He plays the same role all season long so the reason must be something else.
Maybe he wants to be sold and he's forcing Napoli's director to do it, but if that's what he's doing then it creates another problem because no-one wants such players in the team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I had to check for last season's stats to reply :)

There is something obviously wrong in Hamsik's game in the last 4 months. Last year he was the serie A leader in crossing. The player with the highest number of successful crosses. He was in top5 in one more categorie (corners won) and top 7 in another category (assists).
Compared to last year, he's consistent only in scoring goals. He scored many goals both last and this year. He scores a lot of goals for a midfielder (only Kaka was ahead of him both this and last year).
But even this year 80% of his goals (9 goals) and assists (4) came in the first 3 months (September, October and November).

One has to wonder what is the problem. Why was he ever present everywhere on the pitch, involved in everything, and why is he lately like a ghost that only knows how to pop up in the box and score (which is something you'd expect from Trez, not from Hamsik).
Last year his position on the pitch was a little different so that might explain the differences from last year and last 4 months. But i can't see why there is such a difference between his performances before December and his performances after December. He plays the same role all season long so the reason must be something else.
Maybe he wants to be sold and he's forcing Napoli's director to do it, but if that's what he's doing then it creates another problem because no-one wants such players in the team.
The whole Napoli team isn't what they used to be last season or the first half of this season. Even the San Paulo that used to be a fortress isn't so much a fortress anymore, they lost quite a few games there recently.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
1st:

Buffon
Zuniga Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Marchisio Hamsik Sissoko
Del Piero Giovinco
Amauri

2nd:

Manninger
Grygera Mellberg Criscito De Ceglie
Brazzo Zanetti Poulsen
Camo Iaquinta
Trezeguet

In:
Hamsik
Zuniga
Criscito
I like your formation. Instead of Hamsik I would think we have the cash necessary to go for a bigger talent in the center there. I would love to see Modric there.

Even Xabi to dictate the tempo would be nice.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Banega has nothing to do with Gargano, he's a creative CM while Gargano is a deep lying playmaker cum holding midfielder. Their midfield will look sexy though, with Gargano as the holding mid ahead of him Hamsik and Banega.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Banega has nothing to do with Gargano, he's a creative CM while Gargano is a deep lying playmaker cum holding midfielder.
Isn't that what I said? They have 3 central midfielders, and one will have to go if Banega arrives. Hamsik seems the most likely (could be wishful thinking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)