The way football should be played!!! (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I watched two and a half minutes of this shit and I suppose there's a goal coming real soon, but this is retarded. I'm all for possession play the way Italy do it, but two minutes of constantly tapping the ball back is NOT how football should be played. There's a complete lack of depth and action and the two minutes of possession are simply put timewasting. If anything the Barca players should have been yellow carded.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
There's simply no plan. I agree with Seven.
It's not even nice to watch IMO. Italy search the flanks and strikers far sooner than Barca did in that video. If you look at guys like Pirlo and De Rossi they will play the ball deep. Hanging on to the ball is important, but you need to get somewhere doing so as well.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well you can't generalize and say it is not nice to watch, some people enjoy such football. This is not my taste.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Fliakis said:
i dont like my teams having possesion. defensive displays make football a beautiful game!

Like your personality really aint it Anti Italian boy! :D

OP
Mozart

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
  • Thread Starter #12
    everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but honestly i love this kind of play..nuthin better than to see your team holdin the possesion and patiently waiting for the right moment to score...liverpool took a footballing lesson that night...

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

That was pure brilliant stuff. Barca was already winning 2-1, thats why they were just trying to pass the ball without going forward. The passing between the players was just brilliant. Very few teams could keep on strings of passing like that these days. Last years Juve was way too far away from keeping few strings of passes as Vieira was complete joke, and players like Zebina and Blasi didnt help much either. I'd love to see Juve playing like that one day.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    That is simply wonderful football. Anybody who says anything to the contrary must either be retarded or overly obcessed with the defensive part of the game. They also must have forgotten the simple key that if the opposition does not touch the ball how on earth will they score... would you rather have Barcelona lose posession and have Liverpool foul up another attack?

Then on top of that Barcelona sends Overmars through and he slides the ball home past Westerveld. How can you not appreciate that... it was simply a work of art. It doesn't matter if you abhor such football... it's the quintessential way to win a football match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)