The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (47 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I am with Stuard on Berlusconi,

From my knowledge judiciary is one of few powers all powerful Milan owner does not have stronghold in. I guess this is largely due to upbringing and Berlusconi not being part of country's traditional elite.
If anything else, the point of focus should not be why Milan is not getting relegated but why Juve is?
My personal view is that with the election of Romano Prodi (A man I greatly admire) Italia is trying to clean its image of being dirty that has tarnished the country for years.
Obviously what else but to start on Calcio, where everyone pretty much knew that something dogey was going on but there werent enough evidence to prove it.
I mean even as Juve fan Iluliano's tackle on Ronaldo looks like a blatant attempt by the ref to influence the match, proof or without proof.
And there is no better promotional attempt than to punish its most successful club team by sending down several divisons or so its equivlaent.
Juve is a worldwide club known by every billions of football fan around globe. Its demotion will grab the headlines of virtually everysingle country. Moreover, it sends the message implicitly that Italia is doing best to clamp down on corruption.
Not only that, it has very few political costs. Lets face it sending down a club is much easier task with greater audience than convicting local politicians.
So should Juve be penalized? Yes. Do I think the whole investigation & scandal is just a coincidence with no political motivation - I am not so naive to think this is so. And god knows why Moggi isnt going to spend time in prison, whether Juve go down or not.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
Turk_Bianconero said:
the whole world must laughing their own ass not us
true but haven't you noticed that when smn asks you hat team you support,and you answer "juve" they laugh and point out the scandal?
it has happened to me.
and every time that this happens,i feel like some ppl have humiliated my club which i could die for,so much,that makes me cry every single time

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Lilianna said:
true but haven't you noticed that when smn asks you hat team you support,and you answer "juve" they laugh and point out the scandal?
it has happened to me.
and every time that this happens,i feel like some ppl have humiliated my club which i could die for,so much,that makes me cry every single time

i am pretty sure that your problem extends beyond your football team :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Lilianna said:
it has happened to me.
Imagine what next season will be like :(

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I'm watching Rai International, but they're only showing broken clips of the hotel, with tons of fans shouting "Some word i dno, some word i dno, VAFFANCULO " :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)