The vacation thread (6 Viewers)

Oct 3, 2004
Well I'm just jealous of everyone going on vacation except for me, since my leave is due in winter.

So I will describe my next business trip this Saturday to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia! :)

Im going to be visiting Saudi Arabia from Saturday-till Tuesday on a part Business trip/"vacation" if you will...

I'll be landing in Jeddah, aka the "The Bride of the Red Sea". I have a very close friend of mine living there and I'm very much looking forward to visiting for the first time, as I've heard alot of nice things about Jeddah. Unfortunately I won't have time to make the trip to Mecca...but I still have it on the agenda if I have time.

The first thing I was told to do in Jeddah was to go to Al Bayk chicken. And that's exactly what where we're going after hotel check-in. :howler:

Then I will go to Riyadh...which really I haven't heard too many good "reviews" about. I was last in Riyadh from 1986 to 1988 between the ages 4-6...we lived in a lovely compound, and as a child I have some great memories. Our old family photo album from those 2 years really says it all.

By the way, Rami anything cool you can recommend in Jeddah? What about restaurants? Japanese, in particular - as I'll be with a group of Japanese colleagues. My and my mates have completed all the Japanese restaurants in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait...next target is Saudi :p

I will also be visiting Jeddah alone in a month's time, so I'll have the freedom to roam around.

For the rest of your peepz, Cheers....hope you all have a great summer :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
nice one, i have already been away. just went up north and camped with teh missus and my dog. had him halfway up ben nevis(picture 1) and generally de-stressed, though the trips to the whisky distileries did help....here is what i brought back from them(picture 2)

saving my money as going to Oktoberfest this year, alan you better keep your word and come get pissed with me
Where abouts were you? Looks vaguely familiar but heaps of bits up north look the same.

I don't have any holiday plans as such but I'm going to the British Open at Carnoustie next week for a couple of days and will probably go wherever Aberdeen are drawn in the UEFA Cup.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Already been on vacation and back.Went to Dubai and London.2 weeks in total.It was a decent vacation.The weather in London pissed me off a lot though.
Weather in Britain has been shit this year. One of the wettest summers I can remeber and it has been worse down south than it is here.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Totally.Im from Pakistan,and the climate here is very warm and humid.So London's cool and wet climate felt good in the beginning,but then it all starts to feel extremley depressing.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Well I'm just jealous of everyone going on vacation except for me, since my leave is due in winter.

So I will describe my next business trip this Saturday to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia! :)

Im going to be visiting Saudi Arabia from Saturday-till Tuesday on a part Business trip/"vacation" if you will...

I'll be landing in Jeddah, aka the "The Bride of the Red Sea". I have a very close friend of mine living there and I'm very much looking forward to visiting for the first time, as I've heard alot of nice things about Jeddah. Unfortunately I won't have time to make the trip to Mecca...but I still have it on the agenda if I have time.

The first thing I was told to do in Jeddah was to go to Al Bayk chicken. And that's exactly what where we're going after hotel check-in. :howler:

Then I will go to Riyadh...which really I haven't heard too many good "reviews" about. I was last in Riyadh from 1986 to 1988 between the ages 4-6...we lived in a lovely compound, and as a child I have some great memories. Our old family photo album from those 2 years really says it all.

By the way, Rami anything cool you can recommend in Jeddah? What about restaurants? Japanese, in particular - as I'll be with a group of Japanese colleagues. My and my mates have completed all the Japanese restaurants in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait...next target is Saudi :p

I will also be visiting Jeddah alone in a month's time, so I'll have the freedom to roam around.

For the rest of your peepz, Cheers....hope you all have a great summer :)
Wise choice, you def should try Baik chicken. That joint puts KFC to shame! Which hotel will you be staying in?

As for Japaneese, I assume you are in for Sushi, I would recommend Sushi Yushi on the Corniche, if you are gonna go there, just tell me beforehand, I always hang out in the cafe beside it, Costa. Another joint you could go to is Pinihana in Tahlia. I also heard that the Sushi of the Holiday Inn is great never tried it though.

Other restaurants, Spears in the Intercontinental Hotel, Persian in the Hilton, Al Dante in Sari Street, Seafood night in the Movenpick (don't remember which night though). Thats for Cuisines and/or Gourmet.

If you want local stuff there is tons of that stuff. Just ask ;)

Oct 3, 2004
Wise choice, you def should try Baik chicken. That joint puts KFC to shame! Which hotel will you be staying in?

As for Japaneese, I assume you are in for Sushi, I would recommend Sushi Yushi on the Corniche, if you are gonna go there, just tell me beforehand, I always hang out in the cafe beside it, Costa. Another joint you could go to is Pinihana in Tahlia. I also heard that the Sushi of the Holiday Inn is great never tried it though.

Other restaurants, Spears in the Intercontinental Hotel, Persian in the Hilton, Al Dante in Sari Street, Seafood night in the Movenpick (don't remember which night though). Thats for Cuisines and/or Gourmet.

If you want local stuff there is tons of that stuff. Just ask ;)
Thanks for the suggestions.

Not a fan of Persian/Iranian cuisine. Seafood night at Movenpick sounds extremely appealing.

Yes, I'm definitely a Sushi freak. We'll definitely try something there! Noted down Sushi Yushi!

I'll be staying at Radisson Sas. I was supposed to stay at my friend's place, but...for some reason management insisted I stay at the hotel. (they were afraid I'd be late for my appointments lol)

In Riyadh I'll be at the Sheraton.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
All I ask is that you all leave your back windows open while you're gone. I have some early Christmas shopping to do this summer. :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)