The uniqueness of Inter (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++

Yes, It's called a Pastie, albeit a very extravegant one.

Hence, the "I've never been more jealous of a Pastie in all my life"

Lucky Pastie :down:
who\what is pastie?

oh he's Inters new president,i thought Fachetti was the new president.

:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
oops : my finger slipped.

Anyway, as I was saying : I wanted to spend a few words on our city "rivals" Inter. In fact, I wanted to simply thank them for existing, for I believe that without them the serie A and football as a whole would not be the same. And I say this sincerely, with no intention of bashing my unlucky cousins.

I am aware that teams in other leagues have encountered a similar scarcity of victories (e.g. Liverpool in England), but none of them has been so incredibly persistent as Inter has been in the past 15 years.

Here is a team that has invested hundreds of millions of euros to enlist the services of players such as Bergkamp, Sammer, Ronaldo or Vieri in a matter of a few years and yet who routinely missed all the glorious objectives it had been aiming at. At the start of every year there are talks about refounding the team and planning on a long term basis. However, at the end of virtually every season for the past 15 years, the coach has been fired (if he was lucky enough to still be in charge by then), stars have been sold and new stars brought in.

There never seems to be one second of peace for Inter, and just when you think they have hit the bottom and can only bounce back, they surprise everybody by falling even lower. I think such regularity in the field of folly has to be hailed, and I, as a Milan fan, am not afraid to say that if I was forced to chose which team I would not want to see disappear between Milan and Inter, my answer would be Inter.

I'm sure that if Inter were to dissolve, there would be another team out there that could provide the Comic Relief that an Inter can give us.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
Why do I have the feeling that Kaiser has left us with his own version of Mozart's "Unfinished Symphony" here.

Either he had to make an urgent Bathroom run and couldn't hold it in , or he's starting to operate on a level that is above us Mortal folks.

My money is on him suffering from a late night Taco Bell run.
:LOL:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Dont worry mate, you havent really been warned. Stependeus Man (or whatever his new nick is) is not a mod here, he just told you not to be so keen to bring up past results if the current team cant back them up ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I thought it was just a sticker... had no idea what a pastie was.

I see a padlock coming, if only to stop this Janet Jackson discussion :groan:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Roberto Gotta

Giacinto Facchetti was busy the other day cutting a ceremonial ribbon for the opening of an Inter Fan Club made up by employees of the Corte dei Conti, one of Italy's high courts.

At roughly the same time, in Rome, Juventus director and former star Roberto Bettega and current goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon were christening a new-born Juve Fan Club, whose card-bearing members stretch across the corps of MPs from all of Italy's political parties, football perhaps being one of the few endeavours that could bring together such a diverse and perennially bickering group of people, although the cynical and perhaps all too easy question would be 'shouldn't they be doing something more important?'.

Whatever one's thoughts on the matter, Facchetti's presence was perhaps more relevant than Bettega's, for he's now officially Inter's chairman, the 19th in their history.

Owner and president Massimo Moratti resigned - along with all other members of his family - a couple of weeks ago: his departure from the running of the club's day-to-day duties was welcomed with a variety of comments, which reflected Inter's wildly bizarre standing as one of the most madly disappointing, predictably weird and ultimately unsuccessful clubs of the last few years, or more than few as their frustrated fans would agree.

Whether Moratti was the embodiment of Inter's great tradition which saw his late father Angelo as the wealthy force behind the successful 1960s side, or the living symbol of the gallant failures which have marked the last 15 years, it is and will for a long time be open to debate.

There's a more than a subtle undercurrent in Moratti's resignation: he was at the same time the club's best and worst asset for his willingness to make money available for top players and for his fondness for some of them, even those who tested his patience.

Facchetti took over a couple of weeks ago, and his task is a huge one, as would be anybody's whose authority is undermined by the reality that it is somebody else's money which is making the whole thing go.

whole article at soccernet.com

Giacinto Facchetti 1976: Leading Italy against England in a World Cup qualifier. (Photography/Empics)

Aug 1, 2003
this truly sucks. I've mini established a fan club here in Malaysia and stupid Bettega won't come down.

But then again, I haven't told him I got loads of members. Oh well.

Forza AC Milan

Oct 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
welcome to the forums mate.

btw,i advise you not to post such things about Milan since we've got a handful of Milan fans here in the forums(incubo here one of em).
and me the other one :D LOL...

Incubo...is your arse is really red and black? :Dlol..I highly doubt it...:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++

It will be when Zlatan's done with it

:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++

and Kaiser franco the third:eek:its much of a gang now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)