The truth about Milan players (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Danish defender Martin Laursen is extremly unhappy in Milan. In an interview with a danish newspaper he made it very clear that he does not like the attitude of his teammates.

I'll try to translate his words...

"They think they can do whatever they want cuz they're stars. They really think that they're better than everyone else. I'd rather talk to anyone else outside the world of football than my teammates. At our training grounds I only talk to the cook or the janitor, cuz the players only have one thing on their minds - their endless amounts of money and how much they can throw around on new clothes. That kind of talk is sickening, and it is not something I wanna hear about every day.

I think I come from a good normal danish family. And the way I was raised does not mix with the italian world of football. I was taught to treat people like I want them to treat me, but that is not the way it works here. People are incredibly selfish. My main problem is that I don't like the way I've been treated, and it's damn hard to live in this environment. You have to respect other people no matter how much money they make. But unfortunately money seems to be the only important thing in Milan."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
its kinda hard to think maldini, nesta,......... gattuso, .................. shevchenko talk like that.....
I'm surprised that they actually TALK to each other as friends....:D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
Danish defender Martin Laursen is extremly unhappy in Milan. In an interview with a danish newspaper he made it very clear that he does not like the attitude of his teammates.

I'll try to translate his words...

"They think they can do whatever they want cuz they're stars. They really think that they're better than everyone else. I'd rather talk to anyone else outside the world of football than my teammates. At our training grounds I only talk to the cook or the janitor, cuz the players only have one thing on their minds - their endless amounts of money and how much they can throw around on new clothes. That kind of talk is sickening, and it is not something I wanna hear about every day.

I think I come from a good normal danish family. And the way I was raised does not mix with the italian world of football. I was taught to treat people like I want them to treat me, but that is not the way it works here. People are incredibly selfish. My main problem is that I don't like the way I've been treated, and it's damn hard to live in this environment. You have to respect other people no matter how much money they make. But unfortunately money seems to be the only important thing in Milan."

I'm afraid that these kind of statements can go to many players, about spending money for nothing, no matter Milan players or not.
Just look at houses, cars, clothes most of players - everywhere the same.

++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
its kinda hard to think maldini, nesta,......... gattuso, .................. shevchenko talk like that.....

But I agree here, hard to imagine some of thinking/doing like this.
Specially Nesta, Maldini.
It's not the matter of club, but human.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
If u want to talk about humans.... well.... people follow the crowd.... just like if you were in a new school/ job.... u try to adapt yourself to the culture of the place. The boss too will have some kind of effect.

So..... they may not hv been like this originally, but sometimes.... when people change..... they themselves are the last to notice.

This is of cos only if we are taking the article for real. :D

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    It is for real. The newspaper may not be the most reliable one in the world - but their sport section is very good and actually my favorite.

I think it's funny how you guys judge the players. You think they're all so sweet, but you don't know anything about them really. Here's a guy that works with them, he's one of them, and you don't believe him... that's weird, maybe cuz you don't wanna believe, maybe cuz it might be the same way at Juventus... who knows?

I myself are having some problems trying to imagine Maldini like that. But Laursen didn't say all of them, and he wasn't specific about which players it was - but apparently it's many of them, and I'm not really surprised.

++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I'm afraid that these kind of statements can go to many players, about spending money for nothing, no matter Milan players or not.
    Just look at houses, cars, clothes most of players - everywhere the same.
    Who wouldn't... if you have money, you spend money - that's not the point. The point is that these players act all superior and think less of people that doesn't make so much. That they're arrogant and stupid and so on...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Sure, but still... it has nothing to do with club you play in, when people are like this everywhere
    So what makes the club? The people in it ;)

If most/all the people in the club have this attitude.... any new commer will most probably do 1 of 2 things. Follow the crowd, or find that they cannot survive in such an envioment and leave.

Very few people will have the character to change the dominating attitude.

Better stop or this will go on forever again :D ... then my huge posts will arrive again :LOL: ..... oh no.....

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Who wouldn't... if you have money, you spend money - that's not the point. The point is that these players act all superior and think less of people that doesn't make so much. That they're arrogant and stupid and so on...
    Oh yes and in other clubs players dont do that? Dont act like that?
    No way.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    I'm not saying it doesn't go on in other clubs as well. In fact I already wrote that it might even be the same in Juventus.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    It is for real. The newspaper may not be the most reliable one in the world - but their sport section is very good and actually my favorite.

I think it's funny how you guys judge the players. You think they're all so sweet, but you don't know anything about them really. Here's a guy that works with them, he's one of them, and you don't believe him... that's weird, maybe cuz you don't wanna believe, maybe cuz it might be the same way at Juventus... who knows?

I myself are having some problems trying to imagine Maldini like that. But Laursen didn't say all of them, and he wasn't specific about which players it was - but apparently it's many of them, and I'm not really surprised.

No, it isn't that i don't believe him. I'm just kinda shocked that they would allow his words to be published. I mean...... disiplinary action and stuff....?

Abt arrogance and superiority...... well.... when the rest of world treats you like you are powerfull and superior and a star....... in most cases, the person will end up thinking that he/she is.

I dun think this hold truth just to the football world. All celebs in general will run into such problems.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

No, it isn't that i don't believe him. I'm just kinda shocked that they would allow his words to be published. I mean...... disiplinary action and stuff....?
    Milan can't control him. There's a thing called freedom of speech - well at least here in Denmark.

I think you got the wrong idea. When a player is interviewed, the reporter doesn't ask the club for permission to print it. ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm not saying it doesn't go on in other clubs as well. In fact I already wrote that it might even be the same in Juventus.
    Ahh, sorry Anders!
    I didnt read the beginning carefully enough, my eyes are in few places now.

About the way we see players: I think every of us have some image of them, based on pitch and out-pitch behaviour (but still public behaviour).
    And that image doesnt have to be true.
    Well, I always pictures Gigi as calm guy, but after his attack of fury, kicking a car, wood etc - I'm not sure anymore (the pics were made in hidden camera)

And one more thing: I dont say that Laursen dosnt say the truth, I find it odd, that he could say such things in public about teammates.
    It doesnt look good, when he says such opinions in public, like talking about them badly behind their backs.

btw Ivy: if you're reading this: there is LONG :D PM to you on Buffon forum :D

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16

And one more thing: I dont say that Laursen dosnt say the truth, I find it odd, that he could say such things in public about teammates.
    It doesnt look good, when he says such opinions in public, like talking about them badly behind their backs.
    I wouldn't call it talking behind their backs, when he's talking to the media - cuz they'll all hear it. He has offcially stated that he's had enough and given the club a clear message.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    I'm happy that someone had the guts to admit that the football magnats are like that, because many times I thought that was the truth. E.g. when Nesta first came in the team, he had a long period of struggle and undecidement, he made mistakes and all that stuff related to nervousness. Why's that ? Because he, obviously, wasn't feeling home there. None of Juve players ever complained about the treatment. And I think it wasn't easy to Nedved e.g. to addapt, at Lazio at the beggining, being a Czech with very different customs from the Italian ones.

Have I made any sense ? :)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003

I wouldn't call it talking behind their backs, when he's talking to the media - cuz they'll all hear it. He has offcially stated that he's had enough and given the club a clear message.
    Very good from his part. I'm tired of football players treated as they are just selling objects, transactions or money-bringers. They are human beings and they've got the right to reply to whatever doesn't seem convenient to them, as long as they feel injured in some way :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

Oh you see... talking to the media is talking behind their back IMO, cause not matter if they hear that or not, but it's not talking face to face, looking in their eyes, you know what I mean, dont you?

And what about giving the club/players a clear message standing face to face with them?

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh no, it's starting to be cool thread, when I have to go :(
    Pirates in cinema :cheesy:

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20

Oh you see... talking to the media is talking behind their back IMO, cause not matter if they hear that or not, but it's not talking face to face, looking in their eyes, you know what I mean, dont you?

And what about giving the club/players a clear message standing face to face with them?
    Well you haven't read the whole interview like I have, but if you had i think you would see it as I do. I could translate all of it, but it's quite long.... :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)