The Tourney thus far (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Best Players

Rooney has been absolutely marvellous and has probably taken the world by storm with his fearless displays and goals

Zidane when it comes down to it, he will always show he is the best player on the planet, he is probably the only player who is more substance than hype

Apart from those 2 , noone has really stood out for me, there have been good performances but noone else really outstanding

Best game

Czech rep Vs Holland

Davids was just absolutely fantastic with his passing looking surprisingly very creative and good, even his shots were on target, Baros was just probably the best player on show as he never stopped working and running at the defence
Off cos our Nedved stole the show , I mean that literally as he would do littlle for 80mins then burst into life with incredible shots from everywhere and he would be made man of the match but he did play extremely well except for his diving and staying on the floor for the Dutch player to get sent off, thats so unprofessional

Worst game

Switzerland vs Croatia

Enuff said

Other observations

France have been less than impressive thus far and I am not surprised "King Henry" has struggled as there are no gaping spaces like they are to in premiership where he can exploit so its not surprising that he has only scored against a poor Swiss team

Portugal are very fortunate to be in the quarters as they are not that good and need to go up 3 gears if they want to win it, pity Pauletta is having a poor time of it while Deco and Costa havee benn equally bad, the reall buzz is Ronaldo

Bulgaria might have the worst record in the tournament but personally I don't think they are the worst as they do play some delightful stuff, its just their finishing which is horrible and their organisation is laughable

Best team has probably been the Czechs as they have shown the way to play is to attack as many times as you can

Managers

They have been the reason why the fancies teams have not really progressed and why the quarters would not have the fireworks thruot that it promised at the beginning

Trapatoni , what an idiot for almost all his errors, he does not seem to have a single idea that is all his, he borrowed left back from Lippi, system from Real madrid and the Pirlo situation from Ancellotti and he still finds the time to muck it all up

Saez , well its all your fault that Spain are out, what were you thinking, Raul is clearly off form so why always play him, Valeron is too good to be on the bench and which part of your brain told you that Raul Bravo is a footballer let alone defender? Real Madrid have one of the worst defence in world football but you still saw it fit to have 3 of their players in your defence
Then against Portugal, you decide in your infinite wisdom to play 2 midfielders who hardly go forward in Albeida and Alonso in place of Baraja(whom I don't like) and not play Xavi at all and what was Luque doing there

Advocaat why they appointed you in the first place is a puzzle, you who allowed Celtic with a far inferior squad to dominate you at Rangers, then when I heard you called up Bosvelt, I immedialtely told my friend Holland would not win it just for that episode alone, bosvelt?

Then you allow Germany outplay you, have decided not to play Kluivert at all, go 2-0 up against the Czechs and then 2-1 , then you bring on Bosvelt not for Van Der Meyde who was having a stinker but for Robben who was having a blinder, then your third substituion you bring on the vastly over rated Van Der Vaart instead of a defender or a defensive midfielder and then take off Seedorf who was having a very decent game
Why do you keep playing Cocu and Van Bronchurst?

Kudos to the Czezh manager for his guts and go for it attitude

Boo to Santini for still thinking Desailly is worth it as his howler against Croatia showed

From a selfish point of view from Juve's perspective, I would like to see us go for the German full back, Lam and whatshisname on the right, Miguel , Andrade and Cavalho of Portugal

From a creative stand point, I have observed anyone good enuff so its better to go to South America for that

Strikers , Ibrahimovich looks very good but I do think he likes this type of setting the bright lites and all that and would not be useful in a course of the season where you ahve to go to theless attractive places looking for goals

Ps: Would Italy stop playing in white shirts, they never seem to beat anyone with it and their most embarassing and disappointing displays and results tend to come when they put on the white shirts

Buy on AliExpress.com
Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Trapatoni , what an idiot for almost all his errors, he does not seem to have a single idea that is all his, he borrowed left back from Lippi, system from Real madrid and the Pirlo situation from Ancellotti and he still finds the time to muck it all up
:rofl:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Very good post denco.

Like you said Zidane is a true class player, a man for the big matches. Something you can't say about Raul or Henry. They are great players and win titles but in the big important games they are very invisible, that is the time when Zidane grows. Something that seems to go for Ibrahimovic as well, Rooney does nt seem to care about who he is playing.

I have always been working when Portugal has been playing so I have only had th chance to see their second halves. But from what I have seen Deco has been really good, combining hard work with brilliant skills. And the reports I've read say similar things.

Interesting thing about the white shirts.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Best players:
Wayne Rooney has impressed so far, and could become EURO's best player. 4 goals scored so far, and I was very impressed by his workrate and his speed. A player, who, if he can hold his temper, can become one of the greatest footballers.

Pavel Nedved was also very impressiv. The only "superstar" who showed his abbility on the field. Great passes and nice workrate, and the man of the best match so far. Zidane scored a penalty, made an easy header goal and a free-kick, on which James was to blame.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
the first rounds matches were mostly a letdown.. but the games picked up when they enter 2nd round and later the 3rd... clearly all the teams have trouble adapting to the heat in the early stages.. and with all matches from now on will be held in the evening, i am preparing myself for a treat of great playoff football..

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Czech rep Vs Holland

Davids was just absolutely fantastic with his passing looking surprisingly very creative and good, even his shots were on target, Baros was just probably the best player on show as he never stopped working and running at the defence
Off cos our Nedved stole the show , I mean that literally as he would do littlle for 80mins then burst into life with incredible shots from everywhere and he would be made man of the match but he did play extremely well except for his diving and staying on the floor for the Dutch player to get sent off, thats so unprofessional
Very well said! The Dutch defender was Johnny Heitinga btw, remember that name. You'll hear it a lot in the future ;)

Worst game

Switzerland vs Croatia

Enuff said
God yes. I won't waste any more words on it either.

Advocaat why they appointed you in the first place is a puzzle, you who allowed Celtic with a far inferior squad to dominate you at Rangers, then when I heard you called up Bosvelt, I immedialtely told my friend Holland would not win it just for that episode alone, bosvelt?

Then you allow Germany outplay you, have decided not to play Kluivert at all, go 2-0 up against the Czechs and then 2-1 , then you bring on Bosvelt not for Van Der Meyde who was having a stinker but for Robben who was having a blinder, then your third substituion you bring on the vastly over rated Van Der Vaart instead of a defender or a defensive midfielder and then take off Seedorf who was having a very decent game

Who else are there? :down:

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
The tournament thus far has been wonderful, at least what I've been able to see here in the U.S. Things are so even, you have to think that really any of the quarter-finalists have a shot to win it. Clearly, there isn't a cut and dry favorite and it seems any team can lose to any other. There have been some great games as well, lets hope open play and offense continue.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah...classy post man.. i think it resumes everything very well ;)

specially the Trapatoni thing.... not the players but him is the one and only responsible for this italian catastrophe... no doubt about it .

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Best Players

Rooney has been absolutely marvellous and has probably taken the world by storm with his fearless displays and goals

Zidane when it comes down to it, he will always show he is the best player on the planet, he is probably the only player who is more substance than hype

Apart from those 2 , noone has really stood out for me, there have been good performances but noone else really outstanding

Best game

Czech rep Vs Holland

Worst game

Switzerland vs Croatia

Enuff said

Other observations

France have been less than impressive thus far and I am not surprised "King Henry" has struggled as there are no gaping spaces like they are to in premiership where he can exploit so its not surprising that he has only scored against a poor Swiss team

Portugal are very fortunate to be in the quarters as they are not that good and need to go up 3 gears if they want to win it, pity Pauletta is having a poor time of it while Deco and Costa havee benn equally bad, the reall buzz is Ronaldo

Bulgaria might have the worst record in the tournament but personally I don't think they are the worst as they do play some delightful stuff, its just their finishing which is horrible and their organisation is laughable

Best team has probably been the Czechs as they have shown the way to play is to attack as many times as you can

Managers

They have been the reason why the fancies teams have not really progressed and why the quarters would not have the fireworks thruot that it promised at the beginning

Saez , well its all your fault that Spain are out, what were you thinking, Raul is clearly off form so why always play him, Valeron is too good to be on the bench and which part of your brain told you that Raul Bravo is a footballer let alone defender? Real Madrid have one of the worst defence in world football but you still saw it fit to have 3 of their players in your defence
Then against Portugal, you decide in your infinite wisdom to play 2 midfielders who hardly go forward in Albeida and Alonso in place of Baraja(whom I don't like) and not play Xavi at all and what was Luque doing there

Kudos to the Czezh manager for his guts and go for it attitude

Boo to Santini for still thinking Desailly is worth it as his howler against Croatia showed

From a selfish point of view from Juve's perspective, I would like to see us go for the German full back, Lam and whatshisname on the right, Miguel , Andrade and Cavalho of Portugal

From a creative stand point, I have observed anyone good enuff so its better to go to South America for that

Strikers , Ibrahimovich looks very good but I do think he likes this type of setting the bright lites and all that and would not be useful in a course of the season where you ahve to go to theless attractive places looking for goals

Ps: Would Italy stop playing in white shirts, they never seem to beat anyone with it and their most embarassing and disappointing displays and results tend to come when they put on the white shirts
very nice work bro

Aug 1, 2003
I thought Italy-Sweden was the best game but sadly they held that crown for only one day, Holland-Czech was the best so far.

Nedved was a disgrace, he always pretended he's injured horribly or something, he ALWAYS does that and now that his acting has come to Holland's expense is really irritating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)