The TIM Cup (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I don't think I would be harsh on any Juve player for no reason .. Davids did have an off-night compared to his own standards .. he didn't contribute much like the others, his passes weren't accurate, and more importantly he didn't try to recover the balls with his well-known perfect tackles like he used to .. Having said that, I'm sure Davids will regain his form back once the contract problems are over .. I remember he also had some bad games when the nandrolone case first floated .. off-field matters would certainly affect a players form ..
I think his passes were quite accurate.
but we shouldn't sell him because of the TIM cup performane

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
I think his passes were quite accurate.
The ones that went out for throw-in :D

but we shouldn't sell him because of the TIM cup performane
Personally I never said that .. infact I would be happy if he sat down with Moggi and agreed on a new contract that keeps him longer with us .. and then everything goes back to normal :)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

The ones that went out for throw-in :D
that was Zambrotta's fault not Davids'. these passes should have been quite easy to stop by a player like Zambrotta, but he wasn't oncentrated and because of him you are blaming Davids. it happened twice :mad:

Personally I never said that .. infact I would be happy if he sat down with Moggi and agreed on a new contract that keeps him longer with us .. and then everything goes back to normal
that's exactly what I want

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #404

i'm still not convinced :D
    I think Fahad was a bit harsh on Davids too. I agree about the tackles thing though :( well it was just a 45 minutes match in a freindly
    and Del Piero had some good movements but he was terrible overall and he ruined out attacks. he wasn't a threat to Inter and he was too predictable as I already said.
    btw Fahad you forgot to mention Birindelli. he saved our ass many times against Inter
    Listen, Glenn is anti-Del Piero, he absolutely hates the man, but still he admitted that DP was average, actually, he said that he was good! Oh and BTW, I've come to realise that whenever Alex doesn't score a goal, you guys say that he played badly, even if he didn't get good service or any clear-cut chances.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    Alex is the man who plays for 5 minutes and still is a star, because of the magic he creates in those minutes. His stlye is very similar with Platini's IMHO. He is not quite a worker :)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Edgar Davids- ] ++
    that was Zambrotta's fault not Davids'. these passes should have been quite easy to stop by a player like Zambrotta, but he wasn't oncentrated and because of him you are blaming Davids.
    Davids' pass was very powerful (more like a shot), there was no way Zambro could've reached it ..

++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    BTW, I've come to realise that whenever Alex doesn't score a goal, you guys say that he played badly, even if he didn't get good service or any clear-cut chances.
    Very true .. Del Piero did everything against Inter except scoring .. he was onside in one occasion (perfect run to beat the offside trap) and could've easily scored past Toldo but the ref whistled for an absolutely wrong call :groan:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #407
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I agree. Sure, we're not expecting 2 goals and 1 assist per game, but from a world class player, I think we've sadly grown used to seeing so little from our Alex. It's such a pity to see him looking uninspired, lazy and timid. As Juve fans, it's our nature to expect world class performances from our captain and icon.
    You saw world-class at the beginning of last season and you saw world-class against Brescia, Roma and Real. These are just friendlies... let's wait until the real stuff begins to judge Alex.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #409

Davids' pass was very powerful (more like a shot), there was no way Zambro could've reached it ..

Very true .. Del Piero did everything against Inter except scoring .. he was onside in one occasion (perfect run to beat the offside trap) and could've easily scored past Toldo but the ref whistled for an absolutely wrong call :groan:
    Yeah :groan: Another distinct example that comes to mind is Juve's 0-0 draw with Depor in the 2001-02 season. Del Piero was brilliant. He supplied Trezeguet with some simply world-class deliveries and made some Depor defenders look like idiots, but he also missed a penalty, which was well taken, but the fans didn't blame Trez for missing the chances that DP set up for him (one was from 4-5 yrds out), the blamed Alex for missing the peno :(

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

Listen, Glenn is anti-Del Piero, he absolutely hates the man, but still he admitted that DP was average, actually, he said that he was good! Oh and BTW, I've come to realise that whenever Alex doesn't score a goal, you guys say that he played badly, even if he didn't get good service or any clear-cut chances.
    i'm not an anti del piero and Glenn can say whatever he wants... I still think that he wasn't good. but I don't care it's just a friendly and Del Piero is a very good player.

powerful but Zambro should have handled it :groan:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #411
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    Stu, this is the last time I'm telling you : please check your PM asap and come on the MSN a little. :wallbang:
    Will do... :D

PS. What's your MSN add?

mate

Aug 28, 2002

i'm not an anti del piero and Glenn can say whatever he wants... I still think that he wasn't good. but I don't care it's just a friendly and Del Piero is a very good player.
    How can you Fantasista said DP was brilland? He failed everything not just goal opurtunity... Did you see how many balls did he loose?
    Di Vaio, 4 example, also failed a lot of goal opurtinity but schowed a bit of good things and mouved a lot.
    Anycase one thing is sure: Treze get injured too mutch and we need an other foward, I hope Corradi or Cruz or Cavenaghi will arrive soon cause ouers MF is IMO super, ouer defense very good but ouer attakk is so and so. As "second foward" we are ok cause also if DP keep on doing bad we have Miccoli and also DV feels better in that role, but as a striker we are really in a bad situation cause Zala is out 4 long (and he's anycase not that good) and Treze is too fragile.

But there are also some good news! Ouer MF is doing grate, Appiah is so good, I am sure he will become a superstar and Nedved is everyday more ouer leader, we can trust him 100% he will never disappoint :)
    I hope that also Edgar will stay!

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #413
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

How can you Fantasista said DP was brilland? He failed everything not just goal opurtunity... Did you see how many balls did he loose?
    Mate, I said that Del Piero was brilliant in the 0-0 draw against Depor in 2002, not in this match, so get off my case :groan:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #415
    I wasn't mad when he missed that penalty. and also Trezeguet was very unlucky to hit the bar.
    Unlucky?!?! :eek: That was an unbelievably easy chance, it was harder to miss than it was to score!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    what are you talking about he was very unlucky. again you'r attacking Trezeguet instead of Del Piero... you'r the biased one here :D
    It was easy chance but he was unlucky not to score it. it wasn't a bad a header!

mate

Aug 28, 2002

Mate, I said that Del Piero was brilliant in the 0-0 draw against Depor in 2002, not in this match, so get off my case :groan:
    Oups :D Sorry I just read last page and I didn't know you guys weare talking of an other match...
    I don't remember actually how single players performed in that match but I wuould not blame DP nor Treze 4 a penalty... remember that many players refuse to kick them so we cannot blame the braves who go and take the responsability :)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Don't put words into my mouth :D

As I said before DP was good against Reggina and made some good stuff against Inter, but in the pre-season overall he has been with Trez, the least best forward.

I'm not anti-DP and don't hate him. I don't like it when people say that just cos you criticise him. I don't think I'm saying anything out of the world when I state that DP is not as good as he was 6 or 7 years ago and he's very inconsistent.

I still think Miccoli should play ahead of him, but let's see if by the start of the season he'll be doing well.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    OMG, Glenn Strikes Back again :eek:

We can't play Miccoli ahead of Del piero, he has to prove himself first, and even if he did so he won't take DP's Place.....Do you know why, because Dp is the Captain and the leader and has much more experience than miccoli.....so no one can take his place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)