The team of 20 years. (2 Viewers)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Baggio had more than one good season with Juve, just because Juve weren't winning that much it doesn't mean he wasn't any good.

He scored a motherload of goals and managed to win the Golden Ball - he was absolute quality most seasons.

He just played in a predominantly poor Juve side - well, compared to that of Lippi's in the mid to late 90's.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 27, 2003
Yes he did play good seasons at Juve, however he only was really outstanding in 93 (when he was awarded the Ballon d'or as a result). The early 90's Juve was an excellent team also, with the likes of Moeller, Platt, Kohler, Dino Baggio...

The fact that Baggio was never really decisive with a big team remains a major underachievement in his career imo.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
---------------------------------Zoff-----------------------------------------

--Ferrara-----------Gentile---------Scirea-----------------Cabrini-----

--Causio------------Platini----------Davids-----------------Henry------

-----------------------Vieri------------R.Baggio----------------------------

Subs:
Buffon
Thuram
Kholer
Montero
Zambrotta
Camoranesi
Zidane
R.Barros
Nedved
Vialli
Del Piero

This is a hell of a team!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Decent team Sparty, but isn't it sad how out of the best players of the last 20 years, only a single one of them is still playing? And he's retiring soon :(

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

OMG! ahahahahah how little u know...DP for R.Baggio...aahahhaha
Those who know me here have seen me bashing Del Piero on a regular basis, be it for his weak character, his dubious muscular mass gain, his tendency to miss out in big games, or his silly advertisemnt for Acqua Uliveto and CEPU. However, if we have to compare his contribution to Juve's success with that of Baggio, then there is no question that Godot comes before The Ponytail.

The fact that you picked Mister "2 flukes against Lazio" Henry, Causio who retired more than 20 years ago and (LMFAO) Camoranesi and Rui Barros while putting Ferrara as a right back and Gentile as a centre-back suggests you are the one who knows very little here.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Those who know me here have seen me bashing Del Piero on a regular basis, be it for his weak character, his dubious muscular mass gain, his tendency to miss out in big games, or his silly advertisemnt for Acqua Uliveto and CEPU. However, if we have to compare his contribution to Juve's success with that of Baggio, then there is no question that Godot comes before The Ponytail.

The fact that you picked Mister "2 flukes against Lazio" Henry, Causio who retired more than 20 years ago and (LMFAO) Camoranesi and Rui Barros while putting Ferrara as a right back and Gentile as a centre-back suggests you are the one who knows very little here.

LOL so now u are saying that Henry is bad...I see.As for Causio...yes, he stopped playing for Juve in 81, that would be 23 yrs...ouch! (my bad), but couldn't find a better right wing for Juve. Camoranesi is probably after Causio the best right wing Juventus had in a long time, otherwise name one... Rui Barros was a hell of defensive midfield of outstanding speed. He could recover thousand of balls and he won with Zoff Coppa Italia and Coppa Uefa . Being one of the great contributors of those winnings...so learn more.

Ferrara in his best years of Napoli played as a right back and he was a hell of one too, so if he was young I would play him on the right. Any problem with that? and Gentile was one of the best centre backs of his times very agressive but incredible effective. In the world cup of 82 he stopped someone called Maradona and then Zico, but probably u have no idea of it, and Juventus had one of the best defense with him as a center back...but of course u just recall kholer because he stopped Van Basten without maiking him foul. Ahahhahahahah ur funny! maybe u forgot the other games...I say go study little bit more.

Lastly DP before R.Baggio...ok should I say more...hmmm no I don't think so. R.Baggio with 36 his still showing that if he would've play for Juve now would do much more of what DP is doing....not his fault if Lippi didn't like him...do me a favor go and buy a Baggio tape of his goals and then u may see how wrong u are...

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Good team Sparty, but isn't it sad how out of the best players of the last 20 years, only a single one of them is still playing? And he's retiring soon :(
Yup I know...that would be sad day for Italy.

Dec 27, 2003

LOL so know u are saying that Henry is bad...I see. Well...yes. Causio stop playing for Juve in 81, that would be 23 yrs...ouch! (my bad), but couldn't find a better right wing for Juve. Camoranesi is probably after Causio the best right wing Juventus had in a long time, otherwise name one... Rui Barros was a hell of defensive midfield of outstanding speed. He could recover thousand of balls and he won with Zoff Coppa Italia and Coppa Uefa . Being one of the great contributors of those winnings...so learn more.
Yeah Henry played a decisive part in Juve's 1999 Waterloo : seldom has a player been so decisive for a team in such a short (6 months) period of time, no doubt. Rui Barros was a defensive midfielder??? Son, I suspect you were not even born when Barros played : the 1 m 50 or so Portuguese was an offensive mid with good dribbling and shooting abilities. I reckon Pippo Inzaghi recovers more balls than Barros ever did. The 1990 Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia lol, how could I forget ? There is no doubt that of the Galia, Tricella, Zavarov or Aleijnikov that illuminated that glorious era of Juvenus' history, the lusitan dwarf was the most prominent. Forget Boniek, Haessler or even Moeller : Barros is the man you're looking for in a best 11 formation...not.

Ferrara in his best years of Napoli played as a right back and he was a hell of one too, so if he was young I would play him on the right. Any problem with that? and Gentile was one of the best centre backs of his times very agressive but incredible effective. In the world cup of 82 he stopped someone called Maradona and then Zico, but probably u have no idea of it, and Juventus had one of the best defense with him as a center back...but of course u just recall kholer because he stopped Van Basten without maiking him foul. Ahahhahahahah ur funny! maybe u forgot the other games...I say go study little bit more.
I suggest you quit the patronizing, son. Any Dilbert of your variety that gets his knowledge from Soccer age will know how UNgently Gentile stopped Diego in 1982. These are the basics of football history, but I understand that for the Johnny-come-lates it becomes a precious anecdote.

Lastly DP before R.Baggio...ok should I say more...hmmm no I don't think so. R.Baggio with 36 his still showing that if he would've play for Juve now would do much more of what DP is doing....not his fault if Lippi didn't like him...do me a favor go and buy a Baggio tape of his goals and then u may see how wrong u are...
that's the icing on the cake : a DP basher like myself finds himself in the position of defending him. Baggio tapes, I've got plenty of those (actual italian tapes mind you, not the crap you downloaded from Kazaa), and probably unlike you I actually saw the man play for real. Yes he is the best italian player since Rivera. No he hasn't left as tangible a mark on Juve as DP has : anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows that.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Sparty what is wrong with you man? How can Thierry Henry be in the best Juve xi in that last 20 years and Zidane be on the bench?

Sometimes people always confuse the issue by adding what the players did elsewhere and include those with their contributions to Juventus

Vieri just played one season and sucked in half of it and he is somehow in your first 11

Rui Barros? Are you kidding? Zavarov was more talented and Aleinikov was more effective and they were both shite for Juve in the scheme of things

As for Baggio, as Kaiser Franco said , he only had one excellent season with Juventus with the rest being just above average and I do hate it when ppl say the likes of Andy Moeller, Kohler, Julio Cesar, Schilacci, vialli, Di Canio, etc are crap players

You talk about Roby at 36, he does not really do much does he, has runners around him, misses penalties left right and centre, some really pathetic ones at that and the occasional flash of brilliance and suddenly he is God again

To listen to a hgardcore Baggio fan you would think he is the best thing to have kicked a football but as the poll in the greatest European shows , there are 23 players from Europe that are ranked greater than him as they actually insipred their sides to win big trophies , not shine in mediocre sides and be a bit pasrt player in the big teams

But the funniest has to be that you actually included Camoranesi but Trez and Inzaghi are missing

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004

Yeah Henry played a decisive part in Juve's 1999 Waterloo : seldom has a player been so decisive for a team in such a short (6 months) period of time, no doubt. Rui Barros was a defensive midfielder??? Son, I suspect you were not even born when Barros played : the 1 m 50 or so Portuguese was an offensive mid with good dribbling and shooting abilities. I reckon Pippo Inzaghi recovers more balls than Barros ever did. The 1990 Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia lol, how could I forget ? There is no doubt that of the Galia, Tricella, Zavarov or Aleijnikov that illuminated that glorious era of Juvenus' history, the lusitan dwarf was the most prominent. Forget Boniek, Haessler or even Moeller : Barros is the man you're looking for in a best 11 formation...not.
First of all Barros is not in my starters, but in my subs...second of all Barros yes was a defensive midfield and height doesn't matter to be a defensive midfield or maybe Furino was 1,90? hmmm. About the Uefa cup yes that is why is even an incredible success because we had a shitty team but of course u think u have to win when u have a good team on your shoulder just like DP did...Haessler and Moeller did not do shit in his juve era, Boniek he did but I wouldn't put him in my 11 since he wasn't a prominent striker he was very similar to Boksic very powerful, but not a great scorer...Oh and Henry could've been great, to bad Ancelotti didn't see him as a striker as Wegner did...and besides u said the team of 20 yrs, not the best performance team of 20 yrs....so I name who the f..k I want.

I suggest you quit the patronizing, son. Any Dilbert of your variety that gets his knowledge from Soccer age will know how UNgently Gentile stopped Diego in 1982. These are the basics of football history, but I understand that for the Johnny-come-lates it becomes a precious anecdote
LOL so what are u trying to say? that Gentile wasn't a good center back? or that Kholer was incredible because he marked Van Basten without foul him? LMAO

that's the icing on the cake : a DP basher like myself finds himself in the position of defending him. Baggio tapes, I've got plenty of those (actual italian tapes mind you, not the crap you downloaded from Kazaa), and probably unlike you I actually saw the man play for real. Yes he is the best italian player since Rivera. No he hasn't left as tangible a mark on Juve as DP has : anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows that.
ahahhahaha yeah probably u are right I had to download from Kazaa although I'm surprised that u know where to download R.Baggio's material...u said his the best Italian player since Rivera...for me that is enough, all by yourself u are saying that Baggio rocks! no further say ur honor. Case closed.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Sparty what is wrong with you man? How can Thierry Henry be in the best Juve xi in that last 20 years and Zidane be on the bench?
There was any path to follow to write the team of 20 yrs, because if there was I didn't see it. Platini was a million times better than Zidane...

Rui Barros? Are you kidding? Zavarov was more talented and Aleinikov was more effective and they were both shite for Juve in the scheme of things
Zavarov and Aleinikov better than Rui Barros? and u are asking me if there is something wrong with me? LMAO.

As for Baggio, as Kaiser Franco said , he only had one excellent season with Juventus with the rest being just above average and I do hate it when ppl say the likes of Andy Moeller, Kohler, Julio Cesar, Schilacci, vialli, Di Canio, etc are crap players
one season? omg if Juventus was alive was thx to R.Baggio. Inter also has incredible players and they don't win shit...does that mean that Vieri is crap? or that R.Carlos was crap? or Ronaldo was crap? please. If R.Baggio hasn't won alot in Juve wasn't his fault.

You talk about Roby at 36, he does not really do much does he, has runners around him, misses penalties left right and centre, some really pathetic ones at that and the occasional flash of brilliance and suddenly he is God again
R u talkin about DP?

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++To listen to a hgardcore Baggio fan you would think he is the best thing to have kicked a football but as the poll in the greatest European shows , there are 23 players from Europe that are ranked greater than him as they actually insipred their sides to win big trophies , not shine in mediocre sides and be a bit pasrt player in the big teams
I'm jsut saying that R.Baggio was and he still is an incredible player, of course there were better players than him in the past and there will be in the future, but to say that DP is better than R.Baggio is not knowing a damn thing about football....

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++But the funniest has to be that you actually included Camoranesi but Trez and Inzaghi are missing
Name me a good right winger that Juventus had in the past 20 yrs adn Ill agree with u.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
---------------------------------Zoff-----------------------------------------

--Ferrara-----------Gentile---------Scirea-----------------Cabrini-----

--Causio------------Platini----------Davids-----------------Henry------

-----------------------Vieri------------R.Baggio----------------------------

Subs:
Buffon
Thuram
Kholer
Montero
Zambrotta
Camoranesi
Zidane
R.Barros
Nedved
Vialli
Del Piero

This is a hell of a team!
Wasnt Henry totally shit at Juve? How could he make this team. And Vieri didnt play for Juve for long at all. Surely Vialli would take his place.

You just chose the best players rather than the players that were best for juve on a few occassions.

Not that i know :D

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mrs Mac ] ++

Wasnt Henry totally shit at Juve? How could he make this team. And Vieri didnt play for Juve for long at all. Surely Vialli would take his place.

You just chose the best players rather than the players that were best for juve on a few occassions.

Not that i know :D
This thread is not based on performances...so that is why I came up with this one. Jesus didn't know it was going to cause such a commotion...

just because I picked Veiri and Henry is not their fault if Juve didn't see their true potential...

Dec 27, 2003

First of all Barros is not in my starters, but in my subs...second of all Barros yes was a defensive midfield and height doesn't matter to be a defensive midfield or maybe Furino was 1,90? hmmm. About the Uefa cup yes that is why is even an incredible success because we had a shitty team but of course u think u have to win when u have a good team on your shoulder just like DP did...Haessler and Moeller did not do shit in his juve era, Boniek he did but I wouldn't put him in my 11 since he wasn't a prominent striker he was very similar to Boksic very powerful, but not a great scorer...Oh and Henry could've been great, to bad Ancelotti didn't see him as a striker as Wegner did...and besides u said the team of 20 yrs, not the best performance team of 20 yrs....so I name who the f..k I want.
Rui Barros was NOT a defensive midfielder ffs. Can one of the true juventini here help this misguided fan? Denco? anyone? Barros usually played behind the two strikers Zavarov/Schillaci and Casiraghi, in a "regista" role, and sometimes even in a more advanced position as a "seconda punta". Juventus' defensive mids back then were Marocchi and Alejnikov.

Juventus in 93 was the second best team around after Milan, even if they finished 4th in the League. Baggio had an exceptional season, but he wasn't exactly surrounded by a bunch of Fernando Redondos either.

Henry COULD have been great with Juve but was shite. We're trying to determine which players were the best with a Juve shirt on. Otherwise I could say that Vieira and Davids are two of the best defensive mids Milan has had in the past 20 years, which would be plain silly.

LOL so what are u trying to say? that Gentile wasn't a good center back? or that Kholer was incredible because he marked Van Basten without foul him? LMAO .
Well yes, a defender that does not have to resort to nasty tackles and intimidation to do his job definitely deserves more respect that one that does, no? Vierchowood has been able to muzzle Van Basten quite a few times too, but never with the style and fair-play of the german center back.

ahahhahaha yeah probably u are right I had to download from Kazaa although I'm surprised that u know where to download R.Baggio's material...u said his the best Italian player since Rivera...for me that is enough, all by yourself u are saying that Baggio rocks! no further say ur honor. Case closed.
but to say that DP is better than R.Baggio is not knowing a damn thing about football....

You have quite an ability to duck the question. My basic premise was that although Baggio will be remembered as a greater player than Del Piero, his contribution at Juventus is less important than Godot's has been over the years. Like it or not, Baggio never fully asserted himself in a big team, or at least not on a long term basis. Be it Juventus, Milan or Inter.

Jan 7, 2004

geez since when do milan fans know so much about Juve? is nic givin u personal lessons or somethin?

nice on about CEPU btw :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)