The team of 20 years. (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
Well, here's an idea of a line-up regarding the best Juve team of the last 20 years :

------------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------------

----------------Thuram------ Scirea-------Kohler-------Cabrini----------------------

-----------------Boniek--------Platini-------Zidane------Nedved--------------------

---------------------------------Rossi----------Del Piero----------------------------------

coach : Lippi

A few remarks...

Zoff quit more than 20 years ago, but I would have taken Buffon anyway for to me he is the most talented goallie of the last 20 years tout court .

Clearly that midfield only works on paper. In reality, a defensive player of the Furino/Deschamps/Davids variety would be essential. I'd personally go for the frenchman.

Although I believe that Laudrup, Vieri and Baggio are better players than Boniek, Rossi and DP, their impact on Juve has been less important than the latter, which is why I did not pick them. Vialli could be a good alternative to Rossi as well.

Thinking of it, making an ideal Juve team of the past 20 years equals merging Trap's Juve (late 70's until mid-80's) with Lippi's first Juve (1994-99, with the exception of Nedved.

Sep 28, 2002
------------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------------

----------------Thuram------ Scirea-------Ferrara-------Cabrini----------------------

-----------------Di Livio--------Platini-------Davids------Nedved--------------------

---------------------------------Vialli----------Del Piero----------------------------------

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
-------------------Buffon--------------

Thuram---------Ferarra---------Scirea------Zambro-----

Di Livio--------Neddy-----Platini-----Zidane---------

---------Vialli----- Del Piero----------

Sep 28, 2002
i put ferrara in my line up cause i've seen him a lot more. actually pre-95 juve in kind of mystery, i've seen very little. that's why i put ferrara and not kohler there. and i left cabrini because i dont know any other left back who is worthy to be there. surely not zambrotta. yet.

Dec 27, 2003
fair enough. Gigi De Agostini is another great left-back that Juve have produced in the past 20 years btw. And Fortunato would probably have become the new Cabrini, had he not died of leukemia at such a young age.

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
because all in all he played only one good season with Juve?
and what a season that was !!....you are forgeting that he got us the CL ...most of the players listed above did not acheive that .

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_7 ] ++

and what a season that was !!....you are forgeting that he got us the CL ...most of the players listed above did not acheive that .
Baggio got you the CL? Last time I checked, Baggio never won the CL with any of the 7 teams he's played for. The only European trophy he won by playing a big part in it is the Uefa Cup in 93. Mind you, all of the players in my formation except Buffon, Thuram and Nedved did win the CL with Juve.

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Baggio got you the CL? Last time I checked, Baggio never won the CL with any of the 7 teams he's played for. The only European trophy he won by playing a big part in it is the Uefa Cup in 93. Mind you, all of the players in my formation except Buffon, Thuram and Nedved did win the CL with Juve.
sorry my fault mixed up the CL with the eufa Cup :redface:

Dec 27, 2003
No he didn't. As I said, his highest achievement on the European front was the 1993 Uefa Cup, which he did win almost single-handedly. He also led Fiorentina to the 1990 Uefa Cup final, only to lose it to his future club Juventus.

Moreover, Baggio never actually played a prominent role in the domestic consecrations of the teams he played for. Indeed, when Juve won the scudetto in 1995 after a 9 year long abstinence, he had already been marginalized by Lippi. As he moved to Milan the next season, he had near to no influence in the rossoneri's win of their 15th serie A title.

Yet he is revered as Italy's best player of the past 20 years, which of course he owes above all to his World Cup performances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)