The Stupid 75% of NT games EPL rule (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
This is true, there are many superb footballers who simply can't break through into their NT.

But I guess the government want to keep the number of people coming into the country to a minimum so have to have some kind of rule to gauge the quality of the footballers coming here.

It's not just Brazil; I used them as an example; it could be Peru, Australia, Japan....doesn't matter, the rule applies to all non EU countries and professions

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
England immigration stand is only the best foreign professional with rare talent in the needed field can be given the permit to stay and work in the country. Foreign in the terms NON EU because there is a rule letting citizen of any EU country to work in another EU country .. immigration rules doesnt really applied much among EU countries as u doest need a passport to travel among EU countries...while there is a FIFA National Team Rangking, there is no such thing as FIFA Player ranking ... so to determine the quality of the foreign profesional foootballers, Englad immigration has decided that the foreign professional must be a regular in their national team... so the only thing the English FA can do is obey...

Jul 12, 2002
there is a quite simple appeals process to the whole thing. How do you think that Manchester United got Tim Howard? The big clubs never have trouble winning their appeals. It's a little more difficult for smaller clubs.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
you right. I said what is probably the reason for this stupid rule, but it's still stupid.
but how Man Utd get Cristiano Ronaldo? did he played for the national team?
ronaldo is a portugese player.. Portugal is in the EU i think :) thus he doesnt need a work permit i think :undecide:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree when people say that there are many great players from non-EU countries who can't make it into their national team. I don't think it's fair that a decent player from a tiny island country would be allowed to play in the EPL, while a player like Diego, Robinho, Freddie Adu wouldn't be allowed...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think if anything, more foreign players coming in will improve the standard of the league, and of the British players in the EPL. If they see all this happening, then they'll have to train harder and improve :D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
hmm... quite hard to prioritize the stardard of the league when there is no food on your's childrens plate and all you can do better then anyone else is kicking balls around the field... but of course i am not talking about the EPL, i thinking more about the 3 divisions under them and how many league they have under that... why do clubs have take English players when they can take a kid from brazilian streets and pay him a tenth of the wages... as if threats from french and scandinavian are not competetive enough

and think what the construction company thinks when they know that football clubs can hire cheap african worker ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)