The story of Juve 2004 (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++
I love juve, thats a fact. I love it when they manage to score a goal and then defend that goal. I love it when I have that feeling of comfort knowing that the opposition just isnt going to equalise because I know that we are Juventus, even though this negative style of play is not appealing i still love it. That feeling is fading away now. I remember a statement by Alex Ferguson a couple of years back - it was just before Man Utd were to play Juve, he said: " Juventus are the benchmark for every team". - and that is something that cant be said about any team nowadays. Every team is beatable - but we managed to have that aura of being unbeatable. And that is where I developed my intense passion for the team.

Well that exact passion is still within me, because I know that no matter how poorly we play, there will always be moments that remind me of those vintage days, when Del Piero was this amazing youngster, Di Livio was a non-stop hardworking midlfielder, Pessoto was brilliant at left back, Perruzzi was stopping shots all over the place. Those were good days.

We must never forget that those moments still exist within the games that Juve play today. We must also remember that football has changed much like everything else in life changes. So therefore it is important to cherish every moment that we still experience that make our hearts beat a few beats faster.

Enough of the philosophy - We have many players linked with us all the time. But for some reason they never come to us. Even the prospect of Cannavaro coming to us does not convey that excitement it would have at the time that he was still at parma. And suddenly we hear he is going to Real Madrid and I get that feeling that he will be amazing there and I get excited about the prospect at seeing him play at Real. I really think that Zlatan will be a legend, at euro 2004 he played with such respect, the way he was always looking to pass to his teammates and his confidence on the ball - he will be home here at juve.

In conclusion I believe that juve must try ro develop that legendary defensive system again. We must aim to concede nothing. The attack will then have little pressure on them and players like Del Piero will start playing his game again. I believe that alex was that amazing player at a time when our defence was amazing. And that is why he is not who he should be at present. He must be able to run with the ball without worying about loosing it because if he does then there is no consequence because the ball will come back to him as if nothing happend. That is the environment that must be created for players like Del Piero.

Thank you
100% on the money !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)