The story of Juve 2004 (1 Viewer)

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
I love juve, thats a fact. I love it when they manage to score a goal and then defend that goal. I love it when I have that feeling of comfort knowing that the opposition just isnt going to equalise because I know that we are Juventus, even though this negative style of play is not appealing i still love it. That feeling is fading away now. I remember a statement by Alex Ferguson a couple of years back - it was just before Man Utd were to play Juve, he said: " Juventus are the benchmark for every team". - and that is something that cant be said about any team nowadays. Every team is beatable - but we managed to have that aura of being unbeatable. And that is where I developed my intense passion for the team.

Well that exact passion is still within me, because I know that no matter how poorly we play, there will always be moments that remind me of those vintage days, when Del Piero was this amazing youngster, Di Livio was a non-stop hardworking midlfielder, Pessoto was brilliant at left back, Perruzzi was stopping shots all over the place. Those were good days.

We must never forget that those moments still exist within the games that Juve play today. We must also remember that football has changed much like everything else in life changes. So therefore it is important to cherish every moment that we still experience that make our hearts beat a few beats faster.

Enough of the philosophy - We have many players linked with us all the time. But for some reason they never come to us. Even the prospect of Cannavaro coming to us does not convey that excitement it would have at the time that he was still at parma. And suddenly we hear he is going to Real Madrid and I get that feeling that he will be amazing there and I get excited about the prospect at seeing him play at Real. I really think that Zlatan will be a legend, at euro 2004 he played with such respect, the way he was always looking to pass to his teammates and his confidence on the ball - he will be home here at juve.

In conclusion I believe that juve must try ro develop that legendary defensive system again. We must aim to concede nothing. The attack will then have little pressure on them and players like Del Piero will start playing his game again. I believe that alex was that amazing player at a time when our defence was amazing. And that is why he is not who he should be at present. He must be able to run with the ball without worying about loosing it because if he does then there is no consequence because the ball will come back to him as if nothing happend. That is the environment that must be created for players like Del Piero.

Thank you

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
well you summed it up pretty well man

ill stick with juve forever, even if we become like fiorentina and drop out of the serie a. ill still be proud to wear my juve shirt

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Its the same for me...i have tryied to like other teams...but with not fortune...sometimes, people talk about me being involved with a lady so much older than me...but i dont care...im in love

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azizhen ] ++
I love juve, thats a fact. I love it when they manage to score a goal and then defend that goal. I love it when I have that feeling of comfort knowing that the opposition just isnt going to equalise because I know that we are Juventus, even though this negative style of play is not appealing i still love it. That feeling is fading away now. I remember a statement by Alex Ferguson a couple of years back - it was just before Man Utd were to play Juve, he said: " Juventus are the benchmark for every team". - and that is something that cant be said about any team nowadays. Every team is beatable - but we managed to have that aura of being unbeatable. And that is where I developed my intense passion for the team.

Well that exact passion is still within me, because I know that no matter how poorly we play, there will always be moments that remind me of those vintage days, when Del Piero was this amazing youngster, Di Livio was a non-stop hardworking midlfielder, Pessoto was brilliant at left back, Perruzzi was stopping shots all over the place. Those were good days.

We must never forget that those moments still exist within the games that Juve play today. We must also remember that football has changed much like everything else in life changes. So therefore it is important to cherish every moment that we still experience that make our hearts beat a few beats faster.

Enough of the philosophy - We have many players linked with us all the time. But for some reason they never come to us. Even the prospect of Cannavaro coming to us does not convey that excitement it would have at the time that he was still at parma. And suddenly we hear he is going to Real Madrid and I get that feeling that he will be amazing there and I get excited about the prospect at seeing him play at Real. I really think that Zlatan will be a legend, at euro 2004 he played with such respect, the way he was always looking to pass to his teammates and his confidence on the ball - he will be home here at juve.

In conclusion I believe that juve must try ro develop that legendary defensive system again. We must aim to concede nothing. The attack will then have little pressure on them and players like Del Piero will start playing his game again. I believe that alex was that amazing player at a time when our defence was amazing. And that is why he is not who he should be at present. He must be able to run with the ball without worying about loosing it because if he does then there is no consequence because the ball will come back to him as if nothing happend. That is the environment that must be created for players like Del Piero.

Thank you
you're not wrong at all mate.

The defence is a key for any team. Real Madrid is a good example for this. defence sucked but had an awesome midfield and forward structure.

I just think juve neds to start really thinking about putting some faith and confidence into the players. Seeing the saga of losing davids and almost losing Trezeguet, watching young stars like Maresca and Brighi leave the club when they were italy's top young midfielders just a couple of seasons ago. It just doesnt show the rest of the europe that Juve want to treat their players well. Sure, sometimes things dont workout with certain players, but more often than not, our youngsters are never returning. we buy the best young talent and loan them out for 3 years and then when they return, Moggi would buy some other team's young talent and they get a chance at the club instead. So i think thats something that should be looked at in the club.

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
I totally agree with you, but the problem is, that that's only the view of a true fan, but not the one of the manager or someone else who is responsible for the transfers! and they will never concentrate on the defence, maybe because they will never realize that that's the key to good matches.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Thank you
great post man!! :thumb:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by reneu ] ++
I totally agree with you, but the problem is, that that's only the view of a true fan, but not the one of the manager or someone else who is responsible for the transfers! and they will never concentrate on the defence, maybe because they will never realize that that's the key to good matches.
i dont get it though, once the defence was always important and the team had enough good defenders to fill two quality line ups. football has changed and everything is based on attack...funny how current quality teams who win things seem to have a quality backline still.

May 4, 2004

Thank you
WoW :touched:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
For all of you, here is the retrospective for the last season

TOP GOALSCORERS
----Player---------------------Seria A-----Cup----C.L.-----All

1- Trezeguet-------------------16----------1-------4------21

2- Di Vaio-----------------------11--------3-------3--------17

3- Del Piero----------------------8----------3-------2------13

4- Miccoli------------------------8---------1--------1-------10

5- Nedved-----------------------6----------/---------2------8

6- Maresca----------------------3---------/---------1-------4

7- Camoranesi-------------------3---------1 --------/-------4

-The top goalscorer against the 5 major clubs in Seria A (Inter,Milan,Lazio,Roma,Parma) was Di Vaio - 5 goals

-Most games in row without loosing in Seria A - 10 (between 31.08.03 and 30.11.03)

-The most coclusive Win (in all competitions) was against Olympiakos at Delle Alpi - 7-0

-Comparing the goal deference of the season 02/03 and the season 03/04 in Seria A ,the result is 67-42 (+25) last season and 64-29 (+35) season before.

COMMENT:
That is the statistics, it might be cruel, but it is realistic.Let's hope that it will be much more addicted to all Juve supporters this season.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by reneu ] ++

offence wins crowds but defence wins the championship

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)