##The Socceroos WC squad ## (2 Viewers)

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Goalkeepers: Ante Covic (Hammarby, Sweden), Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan, Italy), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England)

Defenders: Michael Beauchamp (Central Coast Mariners), Stan Lazaridis (uncontracted), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Craig Moore (Newcastle United, England), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace, England)

Midfielders: Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), Josip Skoko (Stoke City, England), Mile Sterjovski (FC Basel, Switzerland), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol, England)

Forwards: John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Josh Kennedy (Dynamo Dresden, Germany), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, England).

Japan will be our key to the second round ...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    Vidmar is not included because of his irregular heart rhythm...

both Josh Kennedy and Mark Milligan are uncapped... FC Thun's Ljubo Milicevic
    and Michael Thwaite have been overlooked...

Mile Sterjovski's took Ahmad Elrich's place.

Cahill is still injured, but Guus included him

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    Muha said:
    Japan will be our key to the second round ...
    True that opening match against Japan is crucial as Australia probably need the win. I think in reality Hiddink is the key because if the team manages to get the results to qualify into the knockouts it will be all down to this brilliant man and his preparations. Saying all that I think Croatia are too strong and will take the second spot behind Brazil.

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    You are right ....
    Hiddink is the key behind the Socceroos success...

If the socceroos win against Japan and Croatia loose against Brazil.. then its more than likely to see Australia in the second round..

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    I think japan are the easy team to beat, croatia seem to be better, dont forget that they will have a huge fan base cos their supporters dont have 2 travel that far

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    I think japan are the easy team to beat, croatia seem to be better, dont forget that they will have a huge fan base cos their supporters dont have 2 travel that far
    true..... I don't think Australia can beat Croatia.. because simply we haven't got the players to do so ..... but we have a chance against Japan

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    You need to be as good as Croatia in defence to beat them. They doesn't have much to offer up front, but they defend themselfs amazingly. Could be this years Greece.

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    well to be honest with you , Australia's defence isn't a world class one... the players can play by heart in big occasions, but things dont always work that way... Craig Moore and Neil are the most experienced alongside Popovic...

but as you said, they are not that strong upfront, so i guess a strong attcking line is what we need to overcome them ...

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Australia have the talent in the side to strech teams such as Croatia and Japan! Finally we have our central pairing playing regualr football and our midfield is our most dangerous weapon! Kewell can hit straps and run at defenders and thke them on they will struggle to cope with us out wide and Bresciano and Grella can control things in middle with help of cahill

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Cahill is still injured though....

Bresciano to me is the key player.... Culina is great as well, he adds a bit more creativity to the midfield... the only flop to me is emerton.. he is just not the first eleven material...

Mark Schwarzer

Craig Moore------Lucas Neil------Tony Popovic

Jason Culina----Vince Grella

Josip Skoko---------------Marco Bresciano

Archie Thompson-----Harry Kewell

Mark Viduka

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    with two defensive midfielders and skoko infront of them our defence will be secured... Archie and Kewell will provide the runs along the flanks.. this will give Brecsiano a bit of space to launch few of his rockets as well as provide of his good threw passes to Viduka

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Muha said:
    true..... I don't think Australia can beat Croatia.. because simply we haven't got the players to do so ..... but we have a chance against Japan

U gots to be kiddin Muha,one thing that i have always admired about Australian sport in general is the great organisation & desire to do the country proud.i agree that ur players cannot compare to croatia's squad but with Hiddink in charge i feel that the great team spirit & organisation will put Australia past the Croatians.the midfield is rather solis,so its should make up for that weal defense.

ill be rootin for the Australian squad & u should be really chaffed with that,considering the fierce rivalry between RSA & Australia:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Let's not forget that a good chunk of Australia's WC squad originaly hails from Croatia anyway :D Not to mention the 20 other nationalities represented under the one flag

OP

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    Byrone said:
    U gots to be kiddin Muha,one thing that i have always admired about Australian sport in general is the great organisation & desire to do the country proud.
    and thats what won them the two legs against Uruguay last year...

to me Hiddink can take australia to the second round, but he'll also need some heroics from the key players of his team ... i.e. Bresciano, Kewell, and Viduka... if these guys are playing well, then australia can make it to the second round...

ill be rootin for the Australian squad & u should be really chaffed with that,considering the fierce rivalry between RSA & Australia
    thats good to hear my friend

gray said:
    Let's not forget that a good chunk of Australia's WC squad originaly hails from Croatia anyway Not to mention the 20 other nationalities represented under the one flag
    to be honest, thats true...and i wonder how much of an effect that issue will have on Australia's chances against Croatia... but believe it or not, the FFA had this in mind, and thats why they are playing against Greece soon, its gonna be a test-1 test-2 kind of thing ... if u know what i mean

Byrone said:
    What happened to Ivan Ergic? i mean he had such a bright future
    he'll play for Serbia montinegro in Germany.... apparently australia is no good for him, after the freakin' old federation overlooked him, and never included him in their youth teams... (f*cken d!ckheads)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)