The Rugby World Cup! (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    btw, does anyone remember that ad with Johnny Wilkinson teaching Beckham how to kick a rugby ball? Maybe Becks took that lesson to heart too much against Turkey :LOL:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    There's a number of those ads. There's one where they're playing keepie-uppies with both a rugby ball and a football, another where Wilkinson shows Becks how to take a Rugby place-kick, and another where Becks shows Wilkinson how to take a football free kick.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
    Ireland vs Nambia -was such a scrappy game(mostly due to the weather) but Hickey played deadly.

I think England will win the WC :(

With either Australia or New Zealand in the final ..........

Thanx to our win against Nambia we have beaten every national rugby team bar New Zealand however Munster beat them in '79 I think it was :)

Jul 28, 2002
    hehe come on england!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilkinson the #1 player in the world no doubt

for the first time ever in terms of ruggers, i have to say biasedly it may be, but we have the best team we have ever had, possible an all time great team, it would be a travisty if we didnt win the world cup

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    There's a number of those ads. There's one where they're playing keepie-uppies with both a rugby ball and a football, another where Wilkinson shows Becks how to take a Rugby place-kick, and another where Becks shows Wilkinson how to take a football free kick.
    it turned out eventually wilkinson made some wickedly curving free kicks... but the wall have to suffer a lot in the early parts tho...:auchhh:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    :LOL: that would've hurt. Wilkinson's got a deadly boot :scared:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    come on england!!

this ones ours for the taking

wales in the qtrs...goodbye!

frogs in the semis... au'revoir!

bring on the aussies!! :fero::D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    WOW!!!!!!!! The US actually won!!!!!!! nice......even if it was against Japan. Gray-my Dad was in Australia recently and he picked up several world cup shirts-can't get them here!!!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    Gray-my Dad was in Australia recently and he picked up several world cup shirts-can't get them here!!!
    Good for you :D There's plenty of rugby merchandise to be had over here. Even the Sydney Harbour Bridge has a giant lit up rugball on it :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Oh, Oz just beat Ireland by 7 points in the Compromise Rules Football series. Damdest thing is that we lead by 7 going into the final quarter. Still, the rugby lads will get even this weekend. :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Goddamn it! Creamed by the French, Woodie just retired from all competitive rugby, and we even lost to the Australians again. By one point. :mad: :down:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    There have been like, 0 upsets in the RWC so far :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)