The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (15 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
3 more David Thorne

Thorne vs South Australian Police

View attachment 42893

Date: Friday 26 February 2010 8.12pm
To: Michael Harding
Subject: Censorship

Dear Mike,
Thank you for your letter. At no time have I stated that I condone the use of drugs. I have simply stated that I wish to purchase and sell them at a profit. I do however understand the importance of censorship. Without an enforced system of guidance from agencies such as yours, people would be forced to exercise their own discretion.
Regards, David.

Date: Saturday 27 February 2010 10.27am
To: David Thorne
Subject: Re: Censorship

David, your obvious disrespect for authority doesn't change the fact that soliciting money for the purpose of purchasing and selling drugs is a criminal offence under South Australian law. I advise you to remove the article and I will check that you have done so by 5pm tomorrow.
Yours sincerely, Michael Harding

Date: Saturday 27 February 2010 10.44am
Subject:Re: Re: Censorship

Dear Michael,
Despite your assumption, I have the highest amount of respect for authority. I actually wanted to become a police officer but failed the IQ test when I arrived on time at the correct building.
While not exactly a police officer, when I was about eight, I desperately wanted to be Tom Selleck from Magnum PI. I painted my Standish Selecta 12 bright red and constructed a moustache by clipping a large amount of hair from the neighbours cat and gluing it to my upper lip. This is how I discovered my allergy to cat hair. Dragged to my neighbours house, my apology through lips the size of bananas, came out as "Imsryfrctnheroffyrcat iwntdtobemgnumpi." I also wanted to be frozen and thawed out in the 25th century due to Wilma Deering's jumpsuit but despite emptying the refrigerator and sitting in it for over an hour, the only result was mild hypothermia and a belting.
I have been considering sitting the police exam again as protecting the community from burglars, murderers and blogs must be very fulfilling. I am fairly fit due to regularly thinking about jogging and I once performed a jumping jack. It was unintentional and involved a spider on the bath mat but still counts. I am also experienced in self defence and recently built a moat. Sometimes, I dress as a French mime and pretend to walk against a strong wind to the delight of those around me. Everybody loves a mime. This skill would obviously come in quite useful during police stealth operations.
Due to restrictive Australian gun laws, I do not have much experience with weapons but I did construct my own bazooka when I was about ten using a length of pipe, a securely tightened end cap, a golf ball and a three to one ratio of chlorine & brake fluid. While the design was flawless, the resulting broken collar bone from the kickback and two inch hole through two plaster walls then a television set bought a swift end to my foray into ballistic research and development.
Regards, David.

Date: Saturday 27 February 2010 2.09pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

David, this isn't the first time we've received complaints regarding your website. You have until 5pm tomorrow to remove the article and I'll be checking your website regularly. You might not take this seriously but I can assure you that we do.
Yours sincerely, Michael Harding

Date: Saturday 27 February 2010 3.18pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

Dear Michael,
I do indeed take the matter seriously and will attempt to facilitate your request by 5pm tomorrow despite the fact that I am extremely busy this weekend. I need to bury the two dead backpackers I have in the spare room as the smell is starting to attract suspicion. And wolves. It is a fairly large job as one of the backpackers is American and will therefore require a hole several sizes larger than normal. On the plus side, the other is from England which obviously means no dental records.
I could hire one of those mini bobcat tractors for the day but will probably just let the children out for a game of 'best digger gets food this week'. I am sick of hearing "I want my parents" and "Please don't lock me in the spare room again, it smells funny" but many hands, no matter how small, make light work.
Also, I was watching Crime Stoppers last night and was wondering if you need anyone to play the part of perpetrators in the crime re-enactments? I have several years acting experience convincing co-workers that I am listening and care about their relationship issues or what they did on the weekend while really thinking about robots or what would happen if a car made of diamond drove really fast into a wall made of diamond. I would prefer to play either a black professor or an Asian bus driver.

Regards, David.

Date: Sunday 28 February 2010 10.26am
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

I suggest you spend the time deleting the page as you have been requested to do rather than writing about dead backpackers. What is wrong with you?

Date: Sunday 28 February 2010 2.02pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

Dear Mike,

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier, I was busy torching my vehicle. Did you know that if you report it stolen the insurance company gives you money to buy a new one? I usually do this every eleven months as it saves having to pay for an annual service.
I do not have dead backpackers in the spare room. I was just being silly. There is no space in there due to the hydroponics system, pots and bags of nutrients. I read somewhere that it is ok to have up to three hundred and seventy marijuana plants for personal use. Correct me if I wrong. As I do not have a backyard and the plants take up most of the apartment, I sleep in a hammock stretched between two of the larger trunks. It is like sleeping in a jungle and sometimes I pretend I am a baby monkey. Due to the 24 hour UV lighting, my electricity bill this month is nearly four thousand dollars but I have an awesome tan.
In regards to the website, rather than deleting the article, I will amend it to be about cats. Is this acceptable to you?
Regards, David.

Date: Sunday 28 February 2010 2.31pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

It isn't legal to grow even one plant which I'm sure you already know. Possession of less than 100g or one plant has been decriminalised but still carries a fine. Changing the page to be about cats is fine. I will be checking to see if it has been done by 5pm. I strongly suggest that you do so.

Date: Sunday 28 February 2010 4.17pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

Dear Mike,
5pm eastern standard time or ours?
Regards, David.

Date: Sunday 28 February 2010 4.41pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

Ours. I've had enough of your nonsense. If the page is not removed or changed within the next 20 minutes I will be filing an order under the e-crimes act of 2006 to have the website shut down.

Date: Sunday 28 February 2010 4.59pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Censorship

Done.

Thorn vs Blockbuster

View attachment 42894

Date: Sunday 8 November 2009 2.16pm
To: Megan Roberts
Subject: DVDs

Dear Megan,

Thank you for your letter regarding overdue fees. As all four movies were outstanding examples of modern cinematic masterpieces, your assumption that I would wish to retain them in my possession is understandable, but incorrect. Please check your records as these movies were returned, on time, over three weeks ago. I remember specifically driving there and having my offspring run them in due to the fact that I was wearing shorts and did not want the girl behind the counter to see my white hairy legs.

Regards, David.

Date: Monday 9 November 2009 11.09am
Subject: Re: DVDs

Hi David

Are you sure as our computer system indicates otherwise. Can you please check and get back to me?

Kind regards,
Megan

Date: Monday 9 November 2009 11.36am
Subject: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

Yes, they are definitely white and hairy. Viewed from the knees down, the similarity to two large albino caterpillars in parallel formation is frightening. People who knew what the word meant might describe them as 'piliferous', although there is something quite sexy about that word so perhaps they wouldn't.

Regards, David.

Date: Monday 9 November 2009 1.44pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Hi David

No, our records indicate that the DVDs have not been returned. Please check and return as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Megan

Date: Monday 9 November 2009 4.19pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

With the possible exception of Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, the movies were not worth watching let alone stealing. In Logan's Run, for example, the computer crashed at the end when presented with conflicting facts and blew up destroying the entire city. When my computer crashes I carry on a little bit and have a cigarette while it is rebooting. I don't have to search through rubble for my loved ones. The same programmers probably designed the Blockbuster 'returned or not' database. Also, while one would assume the title Journey to the Centre of the Earth to be a metaphor, the movie was actually set in the centre of the earth which, being a solid core of iron with temperatures exceeding 4300˚ Celcius and pressures of 3900 tons per square centimetre, does not seem very likely. Waterworld was actually pretty good though. My favourite bit was when they were on the water but the scene when Kevin Costner negotiated for peace, ending the war between fish and mankind moments before the whale army attacked was also very good.

Regards, David.

Date: Tuesday 10 November 2009 3.57pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

David

The DVDs are listed as not returned. If you cant locate the DVDs, you will be charged for the replacement cost.

Megan

Date: Tuesday 10 November 2009 5.12pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

I have checked pricing at the DVD Warehouse and the cost of replacing your lost movies with new ones is as follows:

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay $7.95
Waterworld $4.95
Journey to the Centre of the Earth $9.95
Logan's Run $12.95

This totals $35.80 so I would rather pay that than the $82 late fee. I have no idea why Logan's Run is the most expensive of the four movies as it was definitely the worst. Have you seen it? I wouldn't pay $12.95 for that. I would use the money to buy a good movie instead. Probably something with Steven Seagal in it. The entire premise comprised of living a utopian and carefree lifestyle with only three drawbacks - wearing seventies jumpsuits, living in what looks like a giant shopping centre and not being allowed to live past thirty. This would seem logical though as I would not want a bunch of old people hanging around complaining about their arthritis while I am trying to relax at the shopping centre in my jumpsuit trying not to think about the computer crashing.

A few years back, I was forced to do volunteer work at an aged care hospital. Footage of these people during Tuesday night line dancing could be used as an advertisement for the Logan's Run solution. The only good aspect of working there was that I halved their medication, pocketing and selling the remainder, explaining the computer listed that as their dose and they were welcome to check knowing their abject fear of anything produced after the eighteenth century would prevent them from doing so. I also swapped my Sanyo fourteen inch portable television for their Panasonic wide screen plasma while they were sleeping, explaining that it had always been that way and their senility was simply playing up due to the reduced dosage of drugs.

Regards, David.

Date: Wednesday 11 November 2009 1.21pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Hi David

I have not seen those movies so I dont know what you are talking about. I prefer romantic comedies. If you have the movies, we can't rent them so we lose money and the fees are based on what we we would have made from renting them and we also have to purchase movies through our suppliers not from DVD Warehouse. Our records show that the movies were not returned. If you cannot locate and return them let us know as soon as possible so that we can come to some arrangement.

Megan

Date: Wednesday 11 November 2009 3.28pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

I myself am also a huge fan of romantic comedies. Perhaps we could watch one together. I have a new Panasonic wide screen plasma. You probably get a staff discount on new release movies and if you could also bring some snacks that would be good. My favourite romantic comedy is Fatal Instinct although it did not contain enough robots or explosions in my opinion and I was therefore unable to truly identify with the main characters on a personal and emotional level. Recently, I was tricked into watching The Notebook which was about geese. Lots of geese. It also had something to do with an old lady who conveniently lost her memory so she could not remember being a whore throughout the entire film. I don't recall a lot of it as I was too busy being cross about watching it. In a utopian future society she would have been hunted down and killed at thirty.

In regards to the late fees, I understand the amount is based on what you lose by not being able to rent the movies out. You probably had people lined up around the block waiting to rent Logan's Run. For eighty two dollars though, I could purchase six copies of it from DVD Warehouse or, as I have heard he is a bit strapped for cash, have Kevin Costner visit my house in person and re-enact key scenes from Waterworld in my bathroom.

Regards, David.

Date: Thursday 12 November 2009 3.16pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Hi David.
Restocking fees are:

002190382 Journey to the Centre of the Earth $9.30
003103119 Logans Run $7.90
008629103 Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay $6.30
000721082 Waterworld $5.70

Total: $29.20 - I have deleted your late fees and noted on the computer that the amount owed is for the replacement movies not fees.

Kind regards,
Megan

Date: Thursday 12 November 2009 7.42pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

Those prices seem reasonable. I do not want Logan's Run but will pick up the other three when I come in next.

Regards, David.

Date: Friday 13 November 2009 12.51pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

What? The $29.20 is the cost of the replacement DVDs for the store.

Megan

Date: Friday 13 November 2009 1.15pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

That makes more sense, I was wondering what I was going to do with two copies of each movie.

Regards, David.

Date: Friday 13 November 2009 2.33pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

What do you mean by two copies? Are you saying you found the four movies?

Megan

Date: Friday 13 November 2009 2.57pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Dear Megan,

Yes, they were on top of my fridge the whole time. Unfortunately I have a blind spot that prevents me from seeing this area of the kitchen as it is also where I keep my pile of unpaid bills and threatening letters from collection agencies. Last night I slept on the kitchen floor with the fridge door open due to my air conditioner being broken and the temperature outside exceeding that of the Earth's core. Luckily, my fridge emits a loud and startling 'beep' every thirty seconds when left open and the vibrations from this caused the DVDs to wriggle forward over the space of many hours before toppling from the edge and I awoke to find them beside me on the pillow. As you have already waived the late fees, I will drop them off tonight and we will call it even.

Regards, David.

Date: Friday 13 November 2009 3.43pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDs

Ok.

Thorne Spider

View attachment 42895
Too long; didn't read.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Maybe you are right. But even if the don't drink that much, they are always totally hammered when they drink :)
Is that so, I've heard otherwise but I'm probably wrong. But atleast I know that Norwegians drink much and are always hammered when drinkin'.:D

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Is that so, I've heard otherwise but I'm probably wrong. But atleast I know that Norwegians drink much and are always hammered when drinkin'.:D
I'm Danish. The Swedish are always hammered when in Denmark. It's because alcohol is expensive in Sweden..
Norwegians are always happy when in Denmark, but I think it's because everything is expensive up there :p.

Us Danes. We drink an smoke a lot :sergio: and according to Sweden we are all racist's :disagree:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I'm Danish. The Swedish are always hammered when in Denmark. It's because alcohol is expensive in Sweden..
Norwegians are always happy when in Denmark, but I think it's because everything is expensive up there :p
:agree: Booze is expensive in Finland too, but people just eat less (I know I do).:D

Us Danes. We drink an smoke a lot :sergio: and according to Sweden we are all racist's :disagree:
:lol:

When I'm drunk enough I start to talk like you Danish people, no one can understand a word I'm saying.:p

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Certainly, I see no evidence that you make sweeping generalisations based on race. Just nationality.
:p

The thing is. We have one party you could call racist's (they are not. Stupid motherfuckers, but not racist's).
But I can see how my post was not well written. Lapa said, that he didn't understand the aspirin picture, because he ment Swedish don't drink that much. But I said it's because they can't drink much (if you know what I mean?).

It's no secret, that a lot of Swedish people came/come to Denmark and got hammered as hell. As it's no secret the Danish youth are world champions in drinking.
I'm a quarter Swedish, but fortunately I can take it :)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Certainly, I see no evidence that you make sweeping generalisations based on race. Just nationality.
We're all from Skandinavia (=Sweden, Norway, Denmark and somewhat Finland) so we can joke about each other as much as we can without being racists.

@filippo: I got drunk with some Danish guy few years ago when I was at Greece. He had just came back from Iraq and was just hilarious. I've liked you Danish people every since.:agree:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
It's no secret, that a lot of Swedish people came/come to Denmark and got hammered as hell. As it's no secret the Danish youth are world champions in drinking.
I'm a quarter Swedish, but fortunately I can take it :)
Good for you.:)

Don't the Swedish people come to Denmark by some ferry from Helsingborg? I've been at Helsingborg once, it was pretty nice place (although pretty small)?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Good for you.:)

Don't the Swedish people come to Denmark by some ferry from Helsingborg? I've been at Helsingborg once, it was pretty nice place (although pretty small)?
Yes they did. I don't know now, because of the bridge.. There were some Finish people in my father's restaurant two weeks ago. The ate there for two days. They were returning from vacation italy to Finland. Very nice people. But Finish people are always polite. We have some tourist every year.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
But Finish people are always polite. We have some tourist every year.
Finnish people are normally polite and very shy. But when they get drunk it's the whole different story (Finnish people travel to Estonia to buy some cheap booze and while they are there they act like pigs). Most of the Finns are just shy (when abroad) 'cause they can't pronounce other languages that well.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Finnish people are normally polite and very shy. But when they get drunk it's the whole different story (Finnish people travel to Estonia to buy some cheap booze and while they are there they act like pigs). Most of the Finns are just shy (when abroad) 'cause they can't pronounce other languages that well.
Like the Danish people in my age do when they go to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria and Llorret del Mar in Spain..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)