The real problem (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
What is wrong with Juve?? Why are we behaving like this? Why is our mentality so terrible?
I have found the answer to all this.
What happenned when Capello came from Roma to Juve? The following changes was noted:
1- Ferrara on the bench, Cannvaro first 11
2- Tacchinardi on the bench Blasi first 11

Those two where from the first day. First match. Now the 1st I agree, but the 2nd, why do you sideline a player like Alessio? Alessio was side lined for the whole season. He was not given a chance to play. Then there was the DP issue. Subbing him every game, leaving him on the bench on games he should've featured.
Bringing in players that are here for themselves only not the team itself, e..g Vieira.
Slowly slowly, the team lost heart. When you are down by 2 goals and need to recover, talent might help but what gets you their is THE HEART and TEAM'S SPIRIT. The pride of wearing the Juve jearsy. Love of the black and white colors. This is why lately us winning is directly proportionate with Del Piero playing. When he is on the field the players feel the true Juve spirit. This extra notch that edges Juve over Inter and other clubs. The passion of the game that was resembelled by an over head assist from DP to trezegeut during the match against Milan last season.
Tonight I saw players who really did not care about the jearsy they were wearing. I saw a Zlatan who did not fight. I saw an Emerson who was walking around. My hats goes to Giannichedda. A player that made me feel he was a Juve player for 10 years. Giannichedda is 10 times better than Vieira. He players from his heart. Football is about passion. When we won the CL last time all players were proud of wearing the jearsy.
Ofcourse lots of the blame goes to the coach. The coach is the person who can let the team play with heart or not.
I don't mind losing, this is football you win some you lose some. But I do mind a coach that created a team without a soul. During the last Lippi season, we lost alot. We played bad. But we did have one thing. We did have heart. The heart that gave us the spirit to push forward and fight.

Capello should re-consider his strategy in managing the team. I don't know what should I add or what should I say... But I know one thing.. I miss a Juve with heart.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
things will change only if capello leaves. and i hope he will leave after summer. one thing is to play well and loose, but we play really badly and loose. i dont know what would have been more humilating, loosing to bremen by a close margin, or loosing to arsenal by 2 goals. thats just too much.

WE NEED a new manager, if we want to have success in europe.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
ZAF3000

Word my friend! Really great post!

I agree with you at all, I miss the Juventus that play as a "TEAM" or as you call it the Juventus that plays with it hearts. I think we will get there again soon, I hope so.

Giannicheda: I'm with you he belongs to that place, and he deserves to play there. Hope he stays a lot in here. You can see he love his jearsy.

rain

Mar 11, 2006
The real problem is the lack of will. Most of the players, and correct me if I am wrong, dont play to honour the jersey they wear. It's just for the money. They are cruel mercenaries. They do it for the cash. You saw them on the field today, with a few exceptions. When Lippi was coaching the team and we had players that hurt when Juve was down, they were playing to bring Juve to the top. When Tacch was on the field, with Alex, and Nedved and Thuram and Zambrotta you shiverred... You were watching the sons of the Great Lady playing to give respect and pay back what Juve has done for them. Nowadays, you see on the pitch people who couldnt care less of what happens to our team, people who play for money, people who will play well only if promised more cash. Cruel mercenarries without a Juve heart...

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
They all get paid a shitload of cash, so why should they care. The only ones that try are the old ones nearing the end of their career, because they want to have accomplished something (canna/nedved/gianniccheda)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
rain said:
The real problem is the lack of will. Most of the players, and correct me if I am wrong, dont play to honour the jersey they wear. It's just for the money. They are cruel mercenaries. They do it for the cash. You saw them on the field today, with a few exceptions. When Lippi was coaching the team and we had players that hurt when Juve was down, they were playing to bring Juve to the top. When Tacch was on the field, with Alex, and Nedved and Thuram and Zambrotta you shiverred... You were watching the sons of the Great Lady playing to give respect and pay back what Juve has done for them. Nowadays, you see on the pitch people who couldnt care less of what happens to our team, people who play for money, people who will play well only if promised more cash. Cruel mercenarries without a Juve heart...
but i see coaching problem here. coach should give players motivation and snap them out of this "playing for money" attitude.

rain

Mar 11, 2006
I know they are paid a load of cash, but they want more. Its called greedyness. As for the coach inspiring them, you know very well that Capello never wanted to come to Juve. So why give a rats ass if we are ruinned as a team. He doesnt care. And thats why he has to leave. I am expecting to see now what Moggi will do. And i dont think that Ned or Thuram or Zambrotta are playing just to say that they achieved something in their carrier. Zamb is respected by all coaches of the world, Thuram was one of the best defenders on this planet amd Ned was the best footballer in 2003. Noone has anything to prove or look forward too. They are just playing for Juve. As for the rest of them, i wont comment. They are not worth it.

Jan 7, 2004
enough with all the alessio this, maresca this, lippi this, del piero this (to some extent),

alessio was never a guy you could trust your midfield to and the last year he was just standing there and fauling. verdict. thanks but no thanks.

maresca is not good enugh for juve anymore, maybe he could have been if he were to be handled better. verdict. moving on.

lippi ? i have talked shit about this guy for too long, i never wanna see him again at juve.

del piero, best season in a while, puts a lot chemistry in the team but alone he cannot save the world and win the cl while smiling for the cameras

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Don Bes said:
enough with all the alessio this, maresca this, lippi this, del piero this (to some extent),

alessio was never a guy you could trust your midfield to and the last year he was just standing there and fauling. verdict. thanks but no thanks.

maresca is not good enugh for juve anymore, maybe he could have been if he were to be handled better. verdict. moving on.

lippi ? i have talked shit about this guy for too long, i never wanna see him again at juve.

del piero, best season in a while, puts a lot chemistry in the team but alone he cannot save the world and win the cl while smiling for the cameras
It would be very nice to see though :D

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
ZAF3000 said:
What is wrong with Juve?? Why are we behaving like this? Why is our mentality so terrible?
I have found the answer to all this.
What happenned when Capello came from Roma to Juve? The following changes was noted:
1- Ferrara on the bench, Cannvaro first 11
2- Tacchinardi on the bench Blasi first 11

Those two where from the first day. First match. Now the 1st I agree, but the 2nd, why do you sideline a player like Alessio? Alessio was side lined for the whole season. He was not given a chance to play. Then there was the DP issue. Subbing him every game, leaving him on the bench on games he should've featured.
Bringing in players that are here for themselves only not the team itself, e..g Vieira.
Slowly slowly, the team lost heart. When you are down by 2 goals and need to recover, talent might help but what gets you their is THE HEART and TEAM'S SPIRIT. The pride of wearing the Juve jearsy. Love of the black and white colors. This is why lately us winning is directly proportionate with Del Piero playing. When he is on the field the players feel the true Juve spirit. This extra notch that edges Juve over Inter and other clubs. The passion of the game that was resembelled by an over head assist from DP to trezegeut during the match against Milan last season.
Tonight I saw players who really did not care about the jearsy they were wearing. I saw a Zlatan who did not fight. I saw an Emerson who was walking around. My hats goes to Giannichedda. A player that made me feel he was a Juve player for 10 years. Giannichedda is 10 times better than Vieira. He players from his heart. Football is about passion. When we won the CL last time all players were proud of wearing the jearsy.
Ofcourse lots of the blame goes to the coach. The coach is the person who can let the team play with heart or not.
I don't mind losing, this is football you win some you lose some. But I do mind a coach that created a team without a soul. During the last Lippi season, we lost alot. We played bad. But we did have one thing. We did have heart. The heart that gave us the spirit to push forward and fight.

Capello should re-consider his strategy in managing the team. I don't know what should I add or what should I say... But I know one thing.. I miss a Juve with heart.
No offense, but this is total BS.
Love of the black and white colours? Please. While I agree with you in theory, the reality is that's there's no such thing in modern football except in very rare circumstances.

I don't care if the players support Juventus or not, or if they're grew up within arms length of the old Comunale. They are professional footballers - keyword here being professional - and I expect them do do a bang up job every time or at least try to. That has nothing to do with passion or love for the club, it's a simple matter of professionalism.

Heart and spirit may win tight matches but if you have superior skill, there isn't going to be any. :)

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    TueF said:
    Love of the black and white colours? Please. While I agree with you in theory, the reality is that's there's no such thing in modern football except in very rare circumstances.

I don't care if the players support Juventus or not, or if they're grew up within arms length of the old Communale. They are professional footballers - keyword here being professional - and I expect them do do a bang up job every time or at least try to. That has nothing to do with passion or love for the club, it's a simple matter of professionalism.

You are not getting the point.. You can get other players we are demanding for it.. But the coach has to keep the teams spirit in the squad. Look at our players, there are some who are not fighting at all, e.g. Vieira. A player like this should be sidelined until he can get his act straight. Last night Giannichedda played much better than vieira did for months. He was fighting for every ball. He was may be man of the match from our side. It is spirit we lack. About tacchinardi, he has played for Juve for over 10 years. All in top quality and top spirit. I agree the last Lippi season was terrible. The whole team was down. All of them (ok except Buffon and Zambrotta). Even Buffon came out saying that we lacked enthusiasm and concetration during our game. This happens in football. Never the less, they had heart. Why lose faith is a player who gave you so much. Alessio is playing very well with villareal. And it was not Lippi who couldn't win, it was the players that were all down (whether due to injuries or being off form). I beleive that without Lippi we woundn't have finished 3rd that year in the scudetto race, we would've went further down on the table. Still I am not saying that Lippi should return, I am only saying that the team lacks heart and spirit. A player does not have to support Juve to play with heart for the jearsy. Respect is what he has to have. And same goes to the coach.
    We lost the Champions League to a very good squad. I am not upset because of us losing, you win some you lose some. I am upset because of how we lost the games.

jon4647

Sep 26, 2004
    Don Bes said:

but the argument here is that palyer plays with no heart might as well not play for juve at all.....
    tach playing wiuth his heart out is way better....maresca is not good enough for juve ? then who in the current starting set of midfielders deserves the spot?
    lippi had a lot of success in juve but i prefer a new manager .............

delpiero cant save the whole....but at least he tried all his best .....
    the point here is ..... me as a fan dont mind losing...but at least lose with our head held high .... not lamely.

my 2 cents

Jul 28, 2002
    Could i point out something?

Predictably we came out playing long ball, aiming rocket after rocket to trez and zlAtan.

That is why we failed.

No top team would imagine playin soley long ball.

jon4647

Sep 26, 2004
    TueF said:

I don't care if the players support Juventus or not, or if they're grew up within arms length of the old Comunale. They are professional footballers - keyword here being professional - and I expect them do do a bang up job every time or at least try to. That has nothing to do with passion or love for the club, it's a simple matter of professionalism.

Heart and spirit may win tight matches but if you have superior skill, there isn't going to be any. :)
    your post is a disgrace .....

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
    ZAF3000 said:
    You are not getting the point.. You can get other players we are demanding for it.. But the coach has to keep the teams spirit in the squad. Look at our players, there are some who are not fighting at all, e.g. Vieira. A player like this should be sidelined until he can get his act straight. Last night Giannichedda played much better than vieira did for months. He was fighting for every ball. He was may be man of the match from our side. It is spirit we lack. About tacchinardi, he has played for Juve for over 10 years. All in top quality and top spirit. I agree the last Lippi season was terrible. The whole team was down. All of them (ok except Buffon and Zambrotta). Even Buffon came out saying that we lacked enthusiasm and concetration during our game. This happens in football. Never the less, they had heart. Why lose faith is a player who gave you so much. Alessio is playing very well with villareal. And it was not Lippi who couldn't win, it was the players that were all down (whether due to injuries or being off form). I beleive that without Lippi we woundn't have finished 3rd that year in the scudetto race, we would've went further down on the table. Still I am not saying that Lippi should return, I am only saying that the team lacks heart and spirit. A player does not have to support Juve to play with heart for the jearsy. Respect is what he has to have. And same goes to the coach.
    We lost the Champions League to a very good squad. I am not upset because of us losing, you win some you lose some. I am upset because of how we lost the games.
    I'm still not sure, I'm getting the point then :D

I agree that players need to have a certain fighting spirit that compels them do do their utmost every time and that if, for some reason, they're not it's the coach's job to put them on the bench, but I think that's implied in being a professional footballer. I also agree that Juventus seems sluggish at the moment, but I don't think it has anything to do with respect for the club or the lack of same.

I just think that we aren't any better right now due to injuries, tiredness, poor form, lack of rotation and whatnot. I think that every player on the pitch tried his best and "played with heart" but it just wasn't enough due to a variety of factors.

I also think that we fundamentally disagree over the importance of "playing with heart". I think it's a somewhat meaningless blanket statement - if you can't find anything better to say about a player, you can always say that he has heart (I'm not saying this is true in your case). Most or all professionals "play with heart" meaning that they try to do their best every time. Otherwise they would never have made it that far - barring exceptional players like Maradona who could get by on skill alone.

The fact that Giannichedda seemed to play with more heart has nothing to do with him having greater respect for the jersey but simply that he's in better form than Emerson or Vieira right now.

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
    jon4647 said:
    your post is a disgrace .....
    Why? Because I don't subscribe to your preconceived notions? You really should allow for a difference of opinions in your life, it'll make you a happier person. :cool:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Don Bes said:
    yeah too bad, move on now.

Move on guys! I hate Capello, and cringe whilst watching our games. Funny how i never used to til Crap came in charge.
    I want to see a guus hidink type, but will Juve ever go for a foreign manager?

OP
    ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    Moggi D'Messiah said:
    Move on guys! I hate Capello, and cringe whilst watching our games. Funny how i never used to til Crap came in charge.
    I want to see a guus hidink type, but will Juve ever go for a foreign manager?
    Well they can always give him the nationality :D ... hold on a sec, we can't do that, but milan can :toast:

jon4647

Sep 26, 2004
    TueF said:
    Why? Because I don't subscribe to your preconceived notions? You really should allow for a difference of opinions in your life, it'll make you a happier person. :cool:
    tht post is crap...thts my opinion :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)