The rape and pillage of Rareware (1 Viewer)

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
Is anyone else a fan of the English game developers Rare? They developed exclusively for Nintendo until about a fortnight ago, when Microsoft bought them. All of the games they were developing have either disappeared or changed almost beyond recognition.

It's also due to Nintendo's negligence - instead of supporting Rare, who made some of the most successful games for the N64 (eg Goldeneye, Perfect Dark etc), resurrected the SNES with their original take on Donkey Kong, and were absolutely loyal to Nintendo - they chose to leave them up for Microsoft to take.

This is really disappointing IMHO. I used to write for a Nintendo magazine over here and we always regarded Rare as the cream of the crop as far as innovative and stylish development went, and now it seems they'll be limited and controlled by Microsoft, who, as far as I can see, only really appreciate the gaming market as an enormous revenue-raising exercise.

Anyone else care to comment?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
hoshi

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    PS I know this is a console discussion as opposed to PC, but I think this is the appropriate thread..?

OP
    hoshi

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    n64 gamer

i don't think it made it out of the country particularly but it was good fun while it lasted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)