The Professor (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Probably the most underrated and undervalued member of the current Juventus squad, Gianluca Pessotto, nicknamed the Professor.

I personaly am a big fan of Gianluca, he's one of the most consistent players in the game, you always know what to expect from him. He may not be spectacular and fast like Zambrotta, but he does his job and he does it well, whenever he plays. To top it off, he's one of the nicest guys in Italian football, never one to make a dangerous challenge or get into a fight on the field, he always behaves with class and dignity, true Juventus style.

He was once one of the great Juvetus players, an important factor in the team, as well as an NT starter, as he should have been in WC 2002, had he not suffered a serious injury, which, in turn, cost him his place both in Juventus and in the Azzuri shirt.

I say, kudos to you Gianluca, and thank you.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I have good memories of Pessotto, I especially remember a game against Perugia, I was tarting to watch Juve games and Pessotto made a wonderfall long shot goal in that game :cool:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
To top it off, he's one of the nicest guys in Italian football, never one to make a dangerous challenge or get into a fight on the field, he always behaves with class and dignity
I remember from last season when Gianluca after he fell down grabbed hold of a leg of an udinese player to prevent him from moving, Pessotto was on the ground and got carried over the ground by the player whose leg was being held by Pessotto.

Or at least something similar happened.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
that guy sure gave juventus a lot. too bad we had Di livio who stole some of pessotto's thunder
Why "too bad?"
Di Livio was better for RM. Pessotto wasn't always Di Livio's sub. Pessotto was mostly a fullback.

Him, Di Livio and Torricelli got plenty of playing time

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Why "too bad?"
Di Livio was better for RM. Pessotto wasn't always Di Livio's sub. Pessotto was mostly a fullback.

Him, Di Livio and Torricelli got plenty of playing time
i didnt mean that. i meant that Di Livio was our "hard working winger man"

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
I like Pessoto and Birindelli they were good last season in defence. Montero was the worst and Ciro Ferrera wasn't far behind. I enjoyed watching Pessoto play when Zebina was injured, I think it was against Chievo this season, he impressed me. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

i didnt mean that. i meant that Di Livio was our "hard working winger man"
naah.. we had a lot of hardworking players.. (Di Livio, Torricelli, Dechamps, Conte..)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Was it Pessotto who used to write the score on his hands in CL-finals? Or was it Di Livio who did that?

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sid ] ++
I wouldn't forget his assist to Delvecchio goal in Euro '00 final....too bad Azzurri lost....
A good assist from a good player, but resulted in a lucky goal by the worst forward player in seria A

You can not win the euro by fielding a player like del ****you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)