-------
Nov 26, 2006
Stopped for bad light after ten hours of play. :D

I watched about two hours of it.

Shit game, but quite something.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I'm no expert at tennis, but how fucking hard can it be to win 2 points in a row? Seriously. If you're able to get one then why not push hard for the 2nd? I was watching the match for a bit and it seemed they were both quite content on letting each other win one point after the other.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm no expert at tennis, but how fucking hard can it be to win 2 points in a row? Seriously. If you're able to get one then why not push hard for the 2nd? I was watching the match for a bit and it seemed they were both quite content on letting each other win one point after the other.
Tahir, bro, lets leave it at that. :lol2:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Ze,

Since a few years, there is a new rule in tennis.
The fifth set ain't decided anymore via a tie break.
It has to end in a two game difference thus, one player has to brake the other player before it can end.
And for this match, both players are unable to break the other until now.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Ze,

It has to end in a two game difference thus, one player has to brake the other player before it can end.
Yeah and I hope they bring back tie-break, exactly because of this. Or at least if the set isn't decided till the 15th game or so, they should play tie-break then. This can go on virtually for days.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Tahir, bro, lets leave it at that. :lol2:
Shut up :D

Ze,

What? :D

I thought you win a set if you win by 2, doesn't work like that anymore?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
From the Guardian :D
"The crowd crammed all around Court 18 and perched on every single vantage point were mesmerised by a match that defied belief and was so long that one fan had left the court at 7-8 in the final set, gone into Wimbledon village to watch the entire England v Slovenia World Cup game, and returned with the score at 28-27."

Shut up :D

What? :D

I thought you win a set if you win by 2, doesn't work like that anymore?
It still works like that. For that to happen, one player has to break the opponents serving game (and win his own) which hasn't happened yet in the last set I suppose. In the first four sets the match goes into a tie breaker after the 12th game (when its 6-6). But for the last set there's no tie breaker, hence we wait for the serve to be broken (I know you know the rules, but just in case you don't :D)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Yeah and I hope they bring back tie-break, exactly because of this. Or at least if the set isn't decided till the 15th game or so, they should play tie-break then. This can go on virtually for days.
Agreed with the 15 games part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)