The Official Tennis Thread (22 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Haha :p Perhaps I am. Maybe I just read too much into your comments; was attempting to be overly analytical A La Cronios.

JCK, however, is completely biased, hence befitting his newly acquired status :p

Who is better? Fed or Laver? What do u think?

Sep 1, 2002

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
congrats to federer big achievement, roddick played well and maybe wasnt at his best in the final, fed is a great player.

Sep 1, 2002
PETE SAMPRAS, seven-time Wimbledon champion
Fourteen was a lot of titles in the 1990s and now he's got 15. He could go on to get 18 or 19 titles, and he's only 27. He'll win here for many years and at all the majors if he stays healthy.

Federer is the greatest ever - Sampras

He's humble and he's effortless and it doesn't seem like he's working that hard. His serve is big, has a great forehand, great spin and he's so smooth. He's a great athlete - he's got everything. He was a legend and now he's an icon. He's a credit to the game.
He is the greatest - I have to give it to him - some people say Rod Laver and Rafael Nadal but Roger has won all the majors and he's going to win a few more.

JOHN MCENROE, seven-time Grand Slam winner
He's the most gifted player that I've ever seen in my life - I've seen a lot of people play.
I've seen Laver, I played against some of the great players - Sampras, Boris Becker, Jimmy Connors, Borg.
This guy could be the greatest of all time. That, to me, says it all.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
JCK and Andy, I am sensing a lot of sour grapes here. Granted I like, respect, and admire Sampras, but Federer is a class act. He is a true gentleman, a very elegant and eloquent player, so give him the respect and credit he deserves. I would have liked to see both players in their prime taking on one another. I actually think it would have been quite close, with Federer slightly edging it.

I am glad you guys aren't athletes, as you would be such sore losers, kinda like Serena Williams.

As for this era not having any good players, what about Roddick, Hewitt, not to mention Murray, Djokovic, and of course Nadal?
WOOOAAAA That's the biggest load of crap I have ever seen.

What is the problem if I prefer a tennis player over another? It's not like I am wishing him death or a career ending injury or anything of the sort. I just don't like him. Now go analyze someone else will you, Akhmedios?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Your bias is the problem. You don't give Federer credit. You may dislike or hate the player, but you can't argue with the quality of his play and stats. If you look through your posts again, that's if you even bother reading the BS you write, you will notice that you are always refuting his achievements and accomplishments, saying he didn't have to play any quality players in this final the current generation isn't up to scratch, etc.... That is complete and utter bias. It's your opinion, and there is nothing factual about it. Granted, you are entitled to your opinion and I strongly disagree with u, but at least give Federer the credit he deserves.

Now run along and go annoy Cronios :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dude, lets face it. Federer's only real competition is Nadal. Roddick isn't an exceptional player by any stretch of the imagination.

Why do Federer fans get so upset that some people just don't like him or think he's not an interesting player? It's our opinion if we prefer Agassi or Sampras, or think they had better competition (which they probably did), so what's wrong with that?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Absolutely nothing. Read my post again. I said you are free to dislike anyone you desire, but give credit where credit is due, which JCK clearly fails to do by attempting to find excuses for Federer's wins, or claiming that they were easy, because in his mind, he didn't have proper competition.

Nadal is a rival, but recently Murray and Djokovic have elevated their games. 2-3 years ago Hewitt and Roddick were not the pushovers they are today (although Roddick is getting his game back, and adding elements to it) and Safin was a force to be reckoned with. Federer has had to grind out results, and he hasn't always been at his best; the man is a true genius and legend of the game whether you or JCK like him or not. Your opinions are just opinions, but give the man credit where credit is due; you manage to do that Andy, others have a harder time doing so.

Let me ask you this. Jordan, Woods, and Rossi are all legends in their respective sports, regardless of whether you like them or not, right?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh, and btw, I like Agassi a lot. I think the man possesses a lot of charisma and appeal; he is naturally charming, and a true legend of the game. The same applies to Sampras, although I don't find him as interesting as Agassi.

I don't particularly like Nadal, but I admire his tenacity and competitive nature. The guy is a very tough and fierce competitor and I respect that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If you really bother reading my posts you would realize that I have been comparing his titles with those of Sampras.

And why should I give him credit, he can be whatever he is for all I care, I don't like him and I won't praise him. End of.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

If you really bother reading my posts you would realize that I have been comparing his titles with those of Sampras.

And why should I give him credit, he can be whatever he is for all I care, I don't like him and I won't praise him. End of.
Would you care to elaborate that, Jack?

I mean I hate Nadal. I hate his face, I hate his whine while serving, I hate this minute-long preparation for every serve, I hate his sleeveless shirts showing off his arms, celebrating every point like it's a game winning one, etc. The guy is completely obnoxius and dislikeable.

For all those reasons, I don't mind Federer. However, Federer is simple, humble and quite honestly seems as a nice guy. I really don't get what's to hate about him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What is it that you want to elaborate?

I can honestly say that I don't share the same feeling towards Federer to that you have towards Nadal. I simply don't like the guy. And as for the humble issue, I don't see him humble at all, on the contrary, I see him as a show off. But who cares about that, I am talking tennis and that's I sport I follow and practice and Federer is a player I don't like.

Notice, you hate Nadal. I don't like Federer.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah, you don't hate anyone. I don't know why you get so worked up about him if you just "don't like him". You hate him as I hate Schumacher, there's no need to hide it behind words and phrases. Hate is healthy, nothing wrong with it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Haha. You are an interesting character indeed. You possess one hell of an attitude JCK.

I strongly dislike Serena. She is a classless cunt, lacks elegance and grace, typifies the meaning of the word sore loser, arrogant, unwiling to accept defeat, never praises her opponents, and the list goes on. However, I don't know her in person to hate her; however, I have a strong dislike for her personality and attitude insofar as what the media presents. She might actually be nice in person, although I highly doubt it. I can't deny the fact that she is arguably the best player in women's tennis today, and perhaps by the time she retires she will be considered one of the greatest of all time.

The point is, don't you think you are being too harsh on the Fed Express?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What is being harsh? That I think that Sampras is better than him? What is it that you want from out of all this discussion, please let me know so I can get over your constant whining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)