The Official Tennis Thread (48 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Andre? serve and volley? don't think so mate...Agassi only improved his serve late on in his career...and nobody returns the serve like Andre...absolute magic that was
He started doing more serve and volley toward the end of his career. I though he was quite good. Especially at the 2005 US Open.

Yeah I know it wasn't his "game".

Sep 1, 2002
Don't get me wrong, Sampras is one of the great players, but all of his finals at Wimbledon were against pretty average grass court tennis players, except Becker and he was passed it.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:lol: remember that weird ass final between Washington and Krajicek? that was some fucked up shit that year...but damn, Richard could really serve!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:lol: remember that weird ass final between Washington and Krajicek? that was some fucked up shit that year...but damn, Richard could really serve!
Yes I remember it, maybe because of the naked lady that came jumping in?

Kraijcek beat Sampras at the semi final to deny him a fifth final in a row. And yes, Richard had a great serve.

Did everyone forget Muster as one of Sampras' obstacles? PURLEEEZ at that time there were tens of great players, now there are only two.

Sep 1, 2002
Yes I remember it, maybe because of the naked lady that came jumping in?

Kraijcek beat Sampras at the semi final to deny him a fifth final in a row. And yes, Richard had a great serve.

Did everyone forget Muster as one of Sampras' obstacles? PURLEEEZ at that time there were tens of great players, now there are only two.
What great players, in their prime, not washed up pleased.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
JCK and Andy, I am sensing a lot of sour grapes here. Granted I like, respect, and admire Sampras, but Federer is a class act. He is a true gentleman, a very elegant and eloquent player, so give him the respect and credit he deserves. I would have liked to see both players in their prime taking on one another. I actually think it would have been quite close, with Federer slightly edging it.

I am glad you guys aren't athletes, as you would be such sore losers, kinda like Serena Williams.

As for this era not having any good players, what about Roddick, Hewitt, not to mention Murray, Djokovic, and of course Nadal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)