The Official Snooker Thread (3 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

great match between ronnie and doherty. thought both weren't on the top of their game, the match went on to be really tension packed. ronnie through 6:5.

maguire beat robertson 6:2. it kinda surprised me as robertson wiped the floor with mark williams, 2 times wc, by beating him 6:0.

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
maguire beat robertson 6:2. it kinda surprised me as robertson wiped the floor with mark williams, 2 times wc, by beating him 6:0.
Did you saw the shot from Maguire were he scored a red ball from the clutch, the 2 reds were close to the pink ball and he had to shoot the white from a big distance, great shot.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Haven't seen him play yet but he surly is going strong again, and not giving interviews (really is a big issue in the UK)
yeah he really is an ass because of that. i mean it's 5-10 minutes of your time, don't know what the big deal is. i really do like him as a player, but lately he's becoming more and more a pain in the butt.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Oh well, true geniuses with manic depressions do weird things. I think he's just avoiding them for 2 reasons:
1. They probably will ask him questions about what happened in York, while he already released a statement about it, which even says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore.
2. The media wrote some really harsh things about him after York, so he wans to get back at them.
3. Yes, yes I know I said two reasons, but this one came to me while typing the other ones. He just might feel that dealing with the press might hamper his concentration and focus.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Superb Rocket beats Ding in final

Magnificent O'Sullivan celebrates his third Masters victory

Ronnie O'Sullivan knocked in four century breaks as he beat Ding Junhui 10-3 to win his third Masters title in front of a raucous Wembley Arena crowd.

O'Sullivan lost the first two frames to the 19-year-old Chinese star but roared back to lead 5-3 at the interval.

The unstoppable Rocket raced through the next four frames to move 9-3 ahead, prompting Ding to offer his hand in resignation before leaving the arena.

Ding, who thought it was a best-of-17 final, returned but O'Sullivan pounced.

O'Sullivan put his arm around a visibly distraught Ding just before the players walked off for the first interval of the session after the teenager offered his hand.

The Rocket himself had walked out of his UK Championship quarter-final with Stephen Hendry last month, and spectators and BBC commentators were unsure whether Ding would come back.

The players did return after a 20-minute break but Ding, who seemed particularly upset by remarks from a member of the boisterous crowd, had lost his form and was struggling to hold back the tears.

Thankfully O'Sullivan, with a break of 74, won the first frame after the interval to secure the title and end Ding's misery.

Afterwards, O'Sullivan paid tribute to his opponent and said: "Ding is one of the rarest talents that I have seen.

"There is no doubt in my mind that he will become a multiple world champion."

Ding, speaking through a translator, he said: "It is very different to events like the China Open because the fans go in groups and I felt very alone here.

Shattered Ding is consoled by O'Sullivan at the final break

"I was a bit annoyed with some of comments because I couldn't concentrate."

Ding had started the final in impressive form and stole a two-frame lead thanks to breaks of 77 and 109.

But O'Sullivan, Masters champion in 1995 and 2005, rolled in breaks of 55, 99, 128 and 101 to power ahead.

Ding managed to stop the rot by potting a wonderful long pink to make it 4-3 but the Englishman's third century, a rapid 116, saw him open a 5-3 lead at the end of the first session.

The two-time world champion's stunning form continued in the evening session with a brilliant 96 break and then a run of 66.

The Chinese player was struggling to keep his game together and O'Sullivan quickly made it 8-3 with another dazzling century break.

His 143 was the second highest of the tournament after Ding's 147 maximum in the wildcard round.

Ding failed to take advantage of a chance in the 12th frame and O'Sullivan got back in to take it with a 49 run and he needed just one more frame for victory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm really glad ronnie won it, not only because he showed he put the uk behind him, as the media should have done, but because of his friendly gesture towards young ding. i watched the final and ding was visibly upset, i thought he conceded the match at 9:3, and when ronnie put his hand over his shoulders it was really nice, great sportsmanship.

on the other hand i'm glad ding showed an ounce of emotion, he always struck me as a robot, never showing any sort of emotions. oh well he is 19 after all, this kind of pressure can't be easy to bear. ronnie's right though, he's gonna be world champion multiple times.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Does anyone over here play snooker?Ive tried to at times,but i suck at it big time.
nope, never tried it. mainly because of the fact in this whole town you can find one snooker table. litterally.

i do play 8-ball and 9-ball pretty well though. don't know how i would handle myself in snooker, the tables are huge, holes smaller, the cue is different... i'd love to try it once but only if there was nobody else present to witness it. :p

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #159
    nope, mainly because of the fact in this whole town you can find one snooker table. litterally.
    same problem here, and also you can't find a player. But I played twice maybe, and it was fun, very hard thou.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

same problem here, and also you can't find a player. But I played twice maybe, and it was fun, very hard thou.
    here being where?
    anyway i think it's like that in all non-english speaking countries.
    though i'd really like to play it, it's just so much more interesting than 8ball/9ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)