The Official Snooker Thread (1 Viewer)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

higgins is still burning! on good way to catch a 5:0 lead.

edit: and a pretty hot chick is the ref: :D

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
4-0 for Hendry at the midsession break. Hendry's playing well, has pretty much taken every chance he had. Ronnie's definetly not playing bad, from what I've seen, he hasn't had a lot of table time. He was unlucky in the second frame, looked like winning it, but had a bad bounce from the top cushion, the white just kept going, Ronnie was out of position. He played a safety, not even a bad one but left a long red for Hendry, who took it and pinched the frame.
Now we have to see how Ronnie's mental state is, it shouldn't be bad since he knows he is playing well, just needs that bit of luck. He just needs to win a frame to really get going.

Edit: Well this is a shocker, at 4-1 for Hendry, O'Sullivan just conceded the match, not the frame, but the entire match. :shocked2: Hendry's on to the semis. Reason for conceding, Ronnie said: "I've had enough".:shocked2:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

this is really a disgrace. o'sullivan has conceded the match. this is so not suited for a professional, i'm really disapointed. i know he's unpredictable but this is sad.

i'm taking his avatar off. :p

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Well who knows wat's going on inside Ronnie's head? Ok, he was playing horrible since the break, seemed like he had almost no control over the cueball. Played a horrifying positional shot right before he conceded. But well, this is quite weird...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well all geniuses are wacko's after all. i'm just pissed cause i missed the first hour or so, got home, turned on the tv and saw this. i was really looking forward to this match.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

HENDRY THROUGH AS O'SULLIVAN FORFEITS

14 Dec 2006 16:35:00

Ronnie O'Sullivan conceded his match against Stephen Hendry at 4-1 behind in the Maplin UK Championship.

Five-times UK Champion Hendry is credited with a 9-1 victory and goes through to the semi-finals to play Graeme Dott or Steve Davis.

The Scot took the opening frame with a run of 52 and stole the second from 66-0 down with a brilliant 72 clearance. Further runs of 102 and 67 put him 4-0 up at the interval.

O’Sullivan won the next, but when he missed a tricky red on a break of 24 in frame six, he offered his hand to Hendry and referee Jan Verhaas then exited the arena.

"It was bizarre," said Hendry. "He came into my dressing room and wished me good luck for the rest of the tournament. I asked him if there was anything wrong and he said no.

"There is no animosity between Ronnie and I any more and I didn’t sense anything backstage.

"I’m not going to lie and say I’m not happy to be through to the semi-finals. But I would rather have won the match properly. I was enjoying it. It was going to be a tough match and anything can happen in these long games, especially as Ronnie is the best player I’ve ever played.

"Even at 4-0 I was just aiming to have a lead after the first session. It feels like a hollow victory. In a way I would rather have played really well and lost."

As a goodwill gesture, World Snooker is offering tickets for tomorrow’s semi-final between John Higgins and Joe Perry to those who paid see the Hendry-O’Sullivan match.

Graeme Dott, the 888.com World Champion, seized the early advantage in his quarter-final match with six-times UK Champion Steve Davis.

It was the runner-up last year Davis who took the first frame but Dott responded by taking the next with a 60 break.

The Scot then edged in front before a run of 50 from the Nugget restored parity and they remained level at 3-3. The Larkhall cueman then took the last two frames with runs of 83 and 65 to lead 5-3 at the interval.

The match will play to a finish this evening, with play starting at 7pm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RONNIE - BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE

14 Dec 2006 18:43:00

Ronnie O'Sullivan issued an apology to his fans after walking out of the Maplin UK Championship.

The Rocket forfeited his best-of-17 quarter-final match against Stephen Hendry at 4-1 down at the York Barbican Centre.

The statement he subsequently issued read: "I wish I could have played a better game today, but I had a bad day in the office.

"Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a perfectionist when it comes to my game, and today, I got so annoyed with myself that I lost my patience and walked away from a game that with hindsight I should have continued.

"I wish I could have given Stephen a better game, and I’m sorry I didn’t stick around to sharpen him up for his semi-final.

"I’m also really sorry to let down the fans who came to see me play - it wasn’t my intention to disappoint them, and for that I am truly apologetic. At this present moment in time I am feeling disappointed with myself and am hurt and numb, but I am a fighter and I will be back on my feet fighting stronger and harder than ever very soon."

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
You know the more you think about it, the more 'sense' it makes. I mean, it's typical O'Sullivan. Passionate, driven more by emotion then rationality.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
The Higgins - Ebdon match has been great, both players are on the top of their games and are producing some beautiful snooker. 2-2 so far and Ebdon in the lead in the fifth frame.

Edit: It ended 4-4, I hope John can make it through, with Ronnie gone, I want him to win this thing.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
The Masters is on it's way and more importantly, O'Sullivan is back and playing some beautiful snooker. Leading 3-0 against Ali Carter at the moment.
2 shocking exits already, Williams lost 6-0 to Robertson and, to a lesser extent, the defending champion, John Higgins lost 6-5 to Stephen Maguire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)