The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (22 Viewers)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
The Greek media insist on the interest.
I generally dont trust, but when a price is reported, the interest is usually genuine!
It is said that Juve and OSFP have agreed to give him for 3 mil, but the only problem is that Mellberg himself ask for 2mil and Olympiakos wants to give him a bit less.
This could actually happen. Since we have paid nothing for the 36 depth player, named Canna and we might actually make a profit from Mellberg,
Legro has grown older one more year, and we might also loan out Ariaudo.
The door is open for the acquisition of a top class CB/starter!

Mellberg have said to aftonbladet, that he will wait to see what happens with our new coach, he will ask him if he wants him around and then, he will decide...
todays media suggest that Olympiakos is not giving more than 2 mil. they say its a big price for a player that juve got for free before one year. anyway, i still consider mellberg as a good defender and i would like to give him a second chance just for one more year...

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
the more clubs hes linked with the better..f any were to offer 3-4 million id give him away instantly
his lack of pace and the way players like pellesier and zarate owned him just show he cant do the job for us

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
the more clubs hes linked with the better..f any were to offer 3-4 million id give him away instantly
his lack of pace and the way players like pellesier and zarate owned him just show he cant do the job for us
Wrong. He has showed that he is a good substitute. Both Zarate and Pellisier will own John Terry in a speed race as well. But he can go if he wants more first team football.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
they say its a big price for a player that juve got for free before one year.
And how is that any of their business? :andyandbarcelona:

3 million euros reported today, still a joke offer. And I would guess Mellberg isn't too keen on moving to the Greek league. He might aswell go wind down in the Arab countries and make more dough.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Who will be 4th choice in defence now? Either it's someone who'll cost more than 3 m or it's someone inferior such as Ariaudo.

Or there's some decent free transfer out there that I'm not aware of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)