The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (46 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
"Enligt Birmingham Mail kan Olof Mellberg se avsättandet av tränaren Claudio Ranieri och köpet av Real Madrid-försvararen Fabio Cannavaro som hot mot sin startplats i Juventus."

:lol: Aftonbladet

No quotes, no nothing, only pure speculation built on the fact that Mellberg was to an extent a Ranieri signing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Media from my country (Greece) report that Juve has agreed to sell Mellberg to Olympiakos for 3.000.000 euros...

If this is true, it seems that we are getting another defender apart from Cannavaro...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Media from my country (Greece) say that Juve has agreed to sell Mellberg to Olympiakos for 3.000.000 euros...

If this is true, it seems that we are getting another defender apart from Cannavaro...
If we're going to replace him with promising and cheap 4th choice youngster, than it's an excellent piece of business. Th guy was solid and stuff, but we need to rejuvenate our central defence a bit.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
If we're going to replace him with promising and cheap 4th choice youngster, than it's an excellent piece of business. Th guy was solid and stuff, but we need to rejuvenate our central defence a bit.
or with a world class defender that will be our first choice next to chiellini. and let legro and canna be 3th and 4th choice...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
or with a world class defender that will be our first choice next to chiellini. and let legro and canna be 3th and 4th choice...
Legro and Chiellini is fine and Canna is going to be a definite starter at least at the beginning of the campaign, otherwise i doubt he would've signed before Africa, Madrid probably offered him bench role. So i don't see space in our CD for world class defender, but maybe im mistaken, who knows. Better two good fullbacks than WC CB for me. ATWA is great song btw :p

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Legro and Chiellini is fine and Canna is going to be a definite starter at least at the beginning of the campaign, otherwise i doubt he would've signed before Africa, Madrid probably offered him bench role. So i don't see space in our CD for world class defender, but maybe im mistaken, who knows. Better two good fullbacks than WC CB for me. ATWA is great song btw :p
So for next year you see Canna or Legro next to Chiellini???? I have greater expectations than this. I want to see someone new, someone WC or at least someone that has the potential to be world class. So i think we need one good fullback (right) and one good cb. in the left back area i think we are ok if criscito returns (of course with Paolo as a backup and not Molinaro).

So if we sign another CB, it will be ok to sell Mellberg. Else it would be a mistake to start the season with only 3 CBs. And i think that Ariaudo is not ready yet...

And, atwa is a great song...
:agree: :agree:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So for next year you see Canna or Legro next to Chiellini???? I have greater expectations than this. I want to see someone new, someone WC or at least someone that has the potential to be world class. So i think we need one good fullback (right) and one good cb. in the left back area i think we are ok if criscito returns (of course with Paolo as a backup and not Molinaro).

So if we sign another CB, it will be ok to sell Mellberg. Else it would be a mistake to start the season with only 3 CBs. And i think that Ariaudo is not ready yet...

And, atwa is a great song...
:agree: :agree:
I see Canna next to Chiellini with Legro having a nice playing time too. And some a bit more ready youngster than Ariaudo, something like Chiellini at 2007. of course 3 CB's is way too risky. But quality is there with Canna, Chiello and Legro, we just need some rising talent now, Criscito can also cover CB spot in case major injury crisis is coming.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The Greek media insist on the interest.
I generally dont trust, but when a price is reported, the interest is usually genuine!
It is said that Juve and OSFP have agreed to give him for 3 mil, but the only problem is that Mellberg himself ask for 2mil and Olympiakos wants to give him a bit less.
This could actually happen. Since we have paid nothing for the 36 depth player, named Canna and we might actually make a profit from Mellberg,
Legro has grown older one more year, and we might also loan out Ariaudo.
The door is open for the acquisition of a top class CB/starter!

Mellberg have said to aftonbladet, that he will wait to see what happens with our new coach, he will ask him if he wants him around and then, he will decide...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)