The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (43 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
I think we should play defensive in the home leg..Come out flying and hope to get a goal and then sit back and pick our spots. We have to keep the clean sheet. Also if we get one early we can hope for a second late goal or counter attack

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Mellberg: – When we entered Stamford Bridge it was almost empty, with the exclusion of one of the sides where our fans were standing. They were fantastic, what great support, what a feeling!
F*ckin right! We rocked Stamford Bridge! Chelsea fans almost seemed like Liverpool fans with their annoying clapping to every corner and throw in.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I think we should play defensive in the home leg..Come out flying and hope to get a goal and then sit back and pick our spots. We have to keep the clean sheet. Also if we get one early we can hope for a second late goal or counter attack
Why not play ugly and put Poulsen-Sissoko-Zanetti out there in front of the back four, with Giovinco-Amauri-Del Piero up front. It's a disgustingly defensive midfield who will have to be on top of their game to shutdown Chelsea's midfield and get passes through to one of the three up front. Put Mellberg at right-back again since he won't run forward very often, have Molinaro say the rosary before the match, and maybe a result can be had.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
"What was the incident before the penalty with John Terry and the Chelsea players?"
Mellberg: That's the case with Chelsea, typical. They always attack the referees in order to affect their decisions.

He's spot on.

Jul 15, 2006
“Chelsea tried to influence the referee's decisions throughout the game,” Mellberg moaned on Viasat TV.

“Six or seven of their players surrounded him and was something of a personal attack.

“In my opinion, it was very unpleasant and anti-sporting behaviour.

“Chiellini's foul was honest - he tried to get the ball and there was no malice there.

“He didn't deserve to be sent off. It's too bad, because this was my first chance to get far in the Champions League.

“We accept this result but, as I said, I did not like the way Chelsea players behaved.”

True, Olof. It's true.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Very good point by Olof no one has mentioned. I noticed this during the game and it was really ugly.

By the way, I'm inlove with this player, and I believe the more he's playing the better Olof we're having. He's strong, smart, covers well.

I wouldn't want another CB in his place for next year. Forza Olof !!!!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i was really hoping olof was going to unleash the viking fury and floor someone when the chelsea dogs were surrounding the ref. I agree it was ugly and it shouldn't be allowed, the ref clearly lost control of the game, and showed it by not even carding the handball offender - belletti or any of the protesters, utterly shambolic, it should be made a rule that only captains from either side can appeal to the refs, what chelsea did to the ref was psychological slavery, and no wonder chiellini was sent off because of it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
When he was screaming at Mikel, Terry and another player were surrounding him but he kept on pushing them.

Never liked a player in such a short period.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This is what Olof was talking about, from the 1st min till the end this is how Chelsea players were surrounding the ref each time he was whistle

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I can't believe you people dare to accuse the England captain of such a thing.

It is only dirty, cheating, foreigners that would try to influence a referee...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)