The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (1 Viewer)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah!! Easily the best Italian defender atm. Him and Legro are a good pair. Its just unfortunate people are not willing to look past Legro form of 3-4 years ago in judging how he plays now.. because right now (over the last year), he's been playing blinders for us
This the Mellberg thread surely you must be talking about Chiellini, right? ;)

Temimi

Don-Fabio
Dec 21, 2005
What a match for melberg ... hopes that he continues that way
i preffer Legro starting every match !! atleast he and Chiellini formed a very good partnership

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Drenthe was several paces in front of him and was about to have a crack at goal.
One can see Mellberg speeding back and launch a tackle to deflect the ball away ...

Other than the 2 DP's goal, this is one of the great highlight in the match.

At 1:10 ... Spectacular !!!

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Not quite sure why anyone expected anything less from him. The guy's been playing in La Liga, the Premier League and international tournaments for the past ten years.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not quite sure why anyone expected anything less from him. The guy's been playing in La Liga, the Premier League and international tournaments for the past ten years.
I know that Mellberg is a very solid player, but I was still very impressed at how well he coped at playing RB.

kurtsimonw

May 3, 2008
(The Villa fan here)

I've seen a couple of Juve's game this season (Pre-season friendlies, Serie A and in Europe) and Olly looks like he's been playing okay, but like I said, I've not seen enough to know just how wel he's being playing. So how has Mellberg been playing for Juve so far overall would you say? I tend to find myself looking out for your results and would like you to do very well in the CL now that he's there!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he has been getting better by the week...had a shaky start in the 1st game of the season and did pick up an injury, but he was immense against Real Madrid

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
(The Villa fan here)

I've seen a couple of Juve's game this season (Pre-season friendlies, Serie A and in Europe) and Olly looks like he's been playing okay, but like I said, I've not seen enough to know just how wel he's being playing. So how has Mellberg been playing for Juve so far overall would you say? I tend to find myself looking out for your results and would like you to do very well in the CL now that he's there!
Enough quality and experience to play a monster match now and then and to be solid most of the time, but not enough quality to be consistently great and to cement his place in the starting XI.

He played an amazing match against Real, he was solid on the other matches and he was bad in his serie A debut (we lost 2 pts due to his poor covering but it's forgivable because it was his debut, as i said).

Good transfer, imo. Free transfer and we got a player who is good and reliable backup to our starters.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
Pretty decent, reasonably solid...GREAT vs Madrid and taught Drenthe a few lessons. Showed that he wasn't easy to beat...pretty decent backup to starters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)