The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (43 Viewers)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Yeah I think its going to be sad to see leggro stay after very good performances last season. On the other hand, this should be something positive, more competitiveness inside our club as well as better depth and more rotation, especially since we'll be facing a gruesome season

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Chiellini Honours Mellberg As Juve Beat Arsenal
Juventus stopper, Giorgio Chiellini, admits that the partnership at the back with former Aston Villa defender, Olof Mellberg is going well. The duo were outstanding during the Old Lady's 1-0 win over Arsenal.

zoom
The Bianconeri edged out a very young Arsenal side 1-0 on Saturday afternoon, thanks to a contentious David Trezeguet strike on 39 minutes.

Chiellini, along with his colleagues managed to hold out and weather the Gunners onslaught, to take a well deserved win into tomorrow’s game against Hamburg.

The Italian international has given his thumbs up to Mellberg and he believes their understanding is always getting better.

“The understanding with Mellberg is always growing,” Chiellini told Juventus Channel following the win over Arsenal.

“We are doing well together and he is very good in the air. We always seem to get to the high balls first.

“However, it wasn’t just about me and Mellberg, the whole defence did well as well as the rest of the team.”

The Bianconeri take on Hamburg on Sunday afternoon and they could win the Emirates Cup with victory over the Germans, if Arsenal beat Real Madrid.

Salvatore Landolina

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I agree and start to like him
He looks solid and mature to partnership with Chiellini

But still i like Zapata to join Juventus because he is versatile to play as CB or RB
and we need DC who has high pace when we play against pace striker like Eto'o or Pato

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Well. I said from the beginning that he was a good acquisition.

That doesn't mean that we do not need to strengthen the defence further. We do.

Finally, as if I needed to say it, and of course I don't, our attack needs a ball carrier in addition to Delpie. As soon as Giovinco comes back from the Olympics, he must be given, as Real Madrid and Arsenal surely would, plenty of playing time.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I agree and start to like him
He looks solid and mature to partnership with Chiellini

But still i like Zapata to join Juventus because he is versatile to play as CB or RB
and we need DC who has high pace when we play against pace striker like Eto'o or Pato
Melleberg played RB for Villa most of his last season with them

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Mellberg expects to have less to do at Juve

MILAN, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Defender Olof Mellberg has said he expects to be less busy playing for a superior Juventus than his previous club Aston Villa.

The Swedish international moved to Italy on a Bosman free transfer in the close season after spending seven years at the English Premier League club.

Villa never finished in the top four during his time there but Juve hope to challenge for the Italian title this term having been third last season, their first year back in the top flight after being demoted in a match-fixing scandal.

"Juventus are obviously a much bigger club, both in Italy and worldwide so hopefully it will be a step up," Mellberg told Reuters in an interview.

"We will probably be dominating more games compared to Aston Villa in England so it will be different in that sense."

A raft of pre-season games and victory over Artmedia Bratislava in the Champions League third-qualifying round have quickly immersed Mellberg in Italian football, generally less physical than the English game.

"Obviously there are differences in the style of football overall but it's all been good so far," the 30-year-old centre back said.

"We've had quite a lot of tough games in pre-season which has been good, we've done well overall and had a good start in the Champions League as well."

"It's tough, we'll come up against AC Milan and Inter but hopefully we will be up there battling for the scudetto," he grinned.

Reuters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)