The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (18 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Melberg and Amauri bring much needed facial hair to our squad.
:lol2:

(It's me, the Villa fan again!)

I hope you liked what you saw off Mellberg at the Euro's. I don't think he was at his best personally, hardly breath-taking performances, but he did all he was asked to do against Greece, had a good game against Spain and against Russia he was nothing special.

I'm sure once he plays enough games for your club and gets used to his CB pairing (If he starts for you, that is) then he'll be a class act for you. He did a very good job against two of the best strikers in the World vs Spain, so he'll be able to cope with the top strikers in Serie A, and I'm sure from training at Sweden he'll know Zlatans game inside out for when you play Inter. I think the Russia game was his worst performance, but Stoor, the RB, was very bad and it left Mellberg exposed and in trouble alot of the time.

Anyways, good luck to Olly and Juve next season!
Thank you and that was a good analysis. People who claim Mellberg is shit after watching the EURO don't read the game very well or don't know what they are talking about.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 3, 2008
Thank you and that was a good analysis. People who claim Mellberg is shit after watching the EURO don't read the game very well or don't know what they are talking about.
You're welcome. I'm interested to see how he adjusts to life in Serie A, as you tend to defend very differently over there. I don't think it helped that at the Euro's he didn't have a good CB partner, even Cannavaro can look bad next to a real bad CB. And let's face it, Petter Hanssen is hardy as good as Chiellini.

I'm not deluded or anything, and I know Mellberg didn't have the best of Euro's, yet I thought he was still one of Swedens better performers. What do you guys think will be the starting back 4 for you next season (Including people you don't already have that you think might come in)?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it will probably be this:

Zebina/Grygera--Melberg--Chiellini--De Ceglie (Grosso*)

*Grosso is the one we are hoping to get for LB as De Ceglie is still inexperienced and raw.

As for RB, considering that both of Zebina and Grygera are very injury prone, it will be up to who ever is fit

I expect Melberg-Chiellini to be the center duo, or atleast Chiellini-Legro until Melberg gels in with the team. However we don't know how well Andrade will perform once he recovers from his injury, so there is a chance that a fully fit Andrade could take a starting position.

there are rumors of Zapata and Ivanovic arriving, but I doubt we have money to spend on them as it seems we are using all our cash to get Xabi Alonso and a new LB

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ibra Helped Me Choose Juventus - Mellberg
New Juventus defender Olof Mellberg has revealed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic played a part in helping him choose the Old Lady.

The former Aston Villa stopper signed for the Bianconeri earlier this week as Claudio Ranieri continues to add reinforcements to his side ahead of next season.

Mellberg reveals that he has been learning Italian from Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and that Ibra helped him decide to choose Juve as his new club.

“I am looking forward to everything,” Mellberg told Stadio News

“I have been in touch with Ibrahimovic and he has been teaching me Italian, that way I will find it easier to settle down and salute the team and fans.

“Ibra told me some great things about Juve and he told me that he had a great time while he was there.”

The Bianconeri will be hoping Mellberg shows some of the greatness which made him such a key player at Villa Park with his former side.

Juve will be hoping to return to the pinnacle of the European game and Mellberg could be the key man in defence.

-------------------------------

I imagine even when Zlatan pimps how great we are to other players, that someone will still find reasons to curse him for this :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Unlike some former players, Ibra has never criticised Juve. He was one of the few who defended Moggi in public.

He's still a cunt though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is a temperamental prick, its just simply how he is.

He didnt exactly defend Moggi, but he has allways been adamant in praising his time in Juve, at times bit too much to the point Inter fans has become angry at him. He allways maintained he won two scudetti with Juve, he counts them whenever he asked about the titles he won.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, he should know that these statements will not save his ass.... Our fans will keep booin his ass off until Chiellini breaks him into pieces like he did in the first match.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not saying it to save his ass (just enjoyed his time at the club, and the impresson the club made on him).

Unlikely he would, if you know him enough, and you should since you take the time to dislike him, the one thing that consistent with him is he doesnt give a fuck what anyone thinks of him. Part of why some dont like him.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
uhmmm what? :wth:

--
Ibra Helped Me Choose Juventus - Mellberg
New Juventus defender Olof Mellberg has revealed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic played a part in helping him choose the Old Lady.

The former Aston Villa stopper signed for the Bianconeri earlier this week as Claudio Ranieri continues to add reinforcements to his side ahead of next season.

Mellberg reveals that he has been learning Italian from Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and that Ibra helped him decide to choose Juve as his new club.

“I am looking forward to everything,” Mellberg told Stadio News

“I have been in touch with Ibrahimovic and he has been teaching me Italian, that way I will find it easier to settle down and salute the team and fans.

“Ibra told me some great things about Juve and he told me that he had a great time while he was there.”

The Bianconeri will be hoping Mellberg shows some of the greatness which made him such a key player at Villa Park with his former side.

Juve will be hoping to return to the pinnacle of the European game and Mellberg could be the key man in defence.

Salvatore Landolina

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
like someone mentioned earlier, Ibra was one of the few players who didn't talk shit about Juve after he left us, so +rep to him

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Well, he should know that these statements will not save his ass.... Our fans will keep booin his ass off until Chiellini breaks him into pieces like he did in the first match.
I doubt if he said that to 'save his ass',and the chances of him praising Juventus simply to stop being booed upon for 2 matches in a season are pretty low.Minus the assholic way in which he left us,Zlatan has never talked trash about Juventus...on the contrary he's always spoken well about us.Dont give him credit for that if you dont want to,but he certainly doesnt deserve shit for it either.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

This isn't the first time Ibra has praised Juventus, over Inter and he isn't saying it just to say his ass. Hate him or love him but the man almost always respected our club and that deserves credit.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"almost" added in front of always.

And it's not a surprise what i read in this article. It's Zlatan being himself again. Praising Juve, telling everyone how great club we are, how enjoyable it is to play for Juve and implying how we'll always be bigger than Inter, making Rab mad when he'll read what i've just said ....

:D

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I think we will have a very tough team maybe not the best or technically gifted but players you can go to war with
Melberg, Poulsen, Momo... I wouldn't start a bar fight with them

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Ok, once and for all now his name is Olof MELLBERG with two l's. As can be seen in the thread title if you are unsure the next time you are to type his name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)