The Official MMA Thread (4 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Come on anyone who knows anything about McGregor knows he hasn’t been in it since the mayweather pay day. Khabib beats him 9 times out of 10 maybe even 10 but that’s not the point I’m making. 3 defenses isn’t enough and the fighters he beat on the way to the title weren’t elite fighters either.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at Khabibs record compared to Jones or Silvas it doesn’t compare. Peds or not.

Everyone is caught up in the hype from last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Silva had defended his middleweight title 11 times as well as destroyed a few people at light heavy weight just for fun in between these defenses. He was 38 when he lost the title. Khabib defended 3 times and retired at 31. It doesn’t compare. People are too caught up in the undefeated streak even though about 20 of his wins were against people no one has heard of and not in any major promotion.
This.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Jones defended 15 times and is still going. Youngest ever champion and the list of names he has beaten and finished is insane. Basically undefeated as his DQ against hamill was bullshit and should be over turned.
Haven’t even got into GSP, Mighty mouse or Fedor yet.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Come on anyone who knows anything about McGregor knows he hasn’t been in it since the mayweather pay day. Khabib beats him 9 times out of 10 maybe even 10 but that’s not the point I’m making. 3 defenses isn’t enough and the fighters he beat on the way to the title weren’t elite fighters either.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at Khabibs record compared to Jones or Silvas it doesn’t compare. Peds or not.

Everyone is caught up in the hype from last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Silva had defended his middleweight title 11 times as well as destroyed a few people at light heavy weight just for fun in between these defenses. He was 38 when he lost the title. Khabib defended 3 times and retired at 31. It doesn’t compare. People are too caught up in the undefeated streak even though about 20 of his wins were against people no one has heard of and not in any major promotion.
khabib dominated one of the most cut throat divisions of his time and has only lost one round.

he’s not as marketable, that’s why he didn’t have the title earlier. Imo he’s the undisputed p4p fighter in UFC history

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Take a look at his record and the list of names that are on it he dominated maybe 1 elite fighter and the rest are all gate keepers. Was seriously inactive and never faced anyone who could potentially match his wrestling.

I would of loved to of seen him compete at welterweight with some of the high level wrestlers in that division.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the list of his wins in the UFC:

Shalorus
Tibau
Tavares
Trujillo
Pat Healy
Rafael did Anjos (2014)
Darrell Horcher
Michael Johnston
Barboza
Iaquinta
McGregor
Poirier
Gaethje

now compare that to Silvas or Jones list of wins in the UFC. Jones has had more titles defenders than he has had fights.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Take a look at his record and the list of names that are on it he dominated maybe 1 elite fighter and the rest are all gate keepers. Was seriously inactive and never faced anyone who could potentially match his wrestling.

I would of loved to of seen him compete at welterweight with some of the high level wrestlers in that division.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the list of his wins in the UFC:

Shalorus
Tibau
Tavares
Trujillo
Pat Healy
Rafael did Anjos (2014)
Darrell Horcher
Michael Johnston
Barboza
Iaquinta
McGregor
Poirier
Gaethje

now compare that to Silvas or Jones list of wins in the UFC. Jones has had more titles defenders than he has had fights.
poirier, gaethje and mcgreggor are all elite, what are you on about?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
poirier, gaethje and mcgreggor are all elite, what are you on about?
That is still only 3 big names. I’ve followed MMA religiously since 2003 and I’m a Khabib fan but i just can’t see how he can be considered the goat of MMA.
His record just can’t compare.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Aldo had 9 defences, DJ 11 and GSP 9 but you don’t think that’s more impressive than a guy who defended his title only 3 times?

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That is still only 3 big names. I’ve followed MMA religiously since 2003 and I’m a Khabib fan but i just can’t see how he can be considered the goat of MMA.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Aldo had 9 defences, DJ 11 and GSP 9 but you don’t think that’s more impressive than a guy who defended his title only 3 times?
but the only reason he only defended it three times is because he wasn’t marketable and didn’t get a title shot until very late in his career. That’s not his fault

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

but the only reason he only defended it three times is because he wasn’t marketable and didn’t get a title shot until very late in his career. That’s not his fault

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

Your still banging on about 3 title defenses even tho i just explained how he had to get 9 wins or more to even get a title shot while others get theres far earlier and gain more title defenses from it. Jones without he's PEDS lately has looked not every good in he's recent fights

Khabib is getting better and better every fight he completely owned justin on the feet last night before mauling him on the ground he's striking has improved leaps and bounds. Your also really underrating alot of those guys and the division khabib has been fighting in its one of most stacked divisions ever and khabib has destroyed it with ease.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
May 26, 2016
I think his point is that it’s fine if you use it for peace of mind as long as you don’t run countries based on religion. That would obviously be absurd and pretty backwards since all religions are equally made up and no one should be forcefully subjected to them.
Running countries based on religion is tyranny and i will never support that.

Religion is and should always be a private thing.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Your still banging on about 3 title defenses even tho i just explained how he had to get 9 wins or more to even get a title shot while others get theres far earlier and gain more title defenses from it. Jones without he's PEDS lately has looked not every good in he's recent fights

Khabib is getting better and better every fight he completely owned justin on the feet last night before mauling him on the ground he's striking has improved leaps and bounds. Your also really underrating alot of those guys and the division khabib has been fighting in its one of most stacked divisions ever and khabib has destroyed it with ease.

- - - Updated - - -

And the point I’m making is that 9 wins were against mid to low tier fighters. His title shot was against a guy who had no business being there on a few days notice. His record and his title reign just is not impressive enough to be considered the greatest ever.

Last edited:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
My GOAT rankings:

1- Khabib Nurmagomedov: 29-0 undefeaded and undisputed in an era where Lightweight is the best and most stacked division in the UFC. Never lost a round (apart from one he took off standing up with Conor, and it was very very close), never been dropped, never been cut. Absolute dominance in grappling, wrestling and submission game. His striking style (even though not the best in the division) complement his wrestling perfectly.

2- George St. Pierre: The most dominant Welterweight champion who avenged his 2 losses. Took 4 years off, returned to win the middleweight championship. His world class MMA skillset is well rounded and complete.

3- Jon Jones: Most title defenses. The youngest champion in UFC history. Cleared out his division for two generations of fighters. Had only 3 close fights in his career (Gustaffson 1, Thiago Santos, and Dominick Reyes). His PED use will always be an issue in a physical-demanding sport like MMA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, as always, GOAT is subjective and others could disagree with my argument there. I can understand anyone who changes the positions of these 3, but for me, the GOAT conversation should always have these 3 champions on top.

Last edited:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

- - - Updated - - -

What a load of BS. "Defended the title 3 times" because he wasn't marketable.

How about continuing his career from now and defend it alteast 5 times more? Is that about the marketability?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What a load of BS. "Defended the title 3 times" because he wasn't marketable.

How about continuing his career from now and defend it alteast 5 times more? Is that about the marketability?
there’s no one really left to fight. Ferguson maybe but after the ass whooping he got from gaethje, I doubt he can even last a round against khabib

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
there’s no one really left to fight. Ferguson maybe but after the ass whooping he got from gaethje, I doubt he can even last a round against khabib
There's always people to fight against and if not on your own weight division, go to different division. It's just BS to say he has done it all by defending his title massive 3 times. He would have multiple fights left in him, but he decided to retire which is understandable, but this ain't about what's understandable, it's about who's the GOAT. There's no symphaty points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)