The Official MMA Thread (3 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Dana will probably do anything for a Khabib - Conor rematch

I don't see Khabib going back on his word tho.

Happy retirement legend. My favourite there was in the UFC, GSP a close second

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
He's not a fraud, but not the greatest either. Was great ambassador for the sport, won majority of his matches but got squashed in couple of his last few matches.

Nowdays there's just 2 options or opinions: Other is he's the best and others are shit.

He is a fraud outside of FW and always looking for the easy option and advanatages to gain in he's fights like wanting to fight dustin at 170 again to avoid cutting weight is just a chicken shit move.

Listen im from ireland so i used to be a fan of the guy but ever since that mayweather farce fight he has turned into a complete dickhead outside and insde the cage and just talks crap on twitter.

When he fought nate the first time and got beat he took that loss like man and made no excuses and came back and beat him but khabib mauled him and like years later he is still trying to claim like it was a close fight its pathetic.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I've been following the sport since 2008 and I can, for the first time, absolutely say Khabib is the clear GOAT. It's not that he needed to show that against Justin, but the way he pulled that perfect triangle choke in a HUGE title fight like this was just legendary confidence personified.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
He is a fraud outside of FW and always looking for the easy option and advanatages to gain in he's fights like wanting to fight dustin at 170 again to avoid cutting weight is just a chicken shit move.

Listen im from ireland so i used to be a fan of the guy but ever since that mayweather farce fight he has turned into a complete dickhead outside and insde the cage and just talks crap on twitter.

When he fought nate the first time and got beat he took that loss like man and made no excuses and came back and beat him but khabib mauled him and like years later he is still trying to claim like it was a close fight its pathetic.
Yes, but he still made sports more known. He obviously lost the love for the sport in the end, didn't train properly and had some issues outside of the octagon, but it ain't an excuse, it's just how it is. As i said, he's not the greatest but to be the champ, you need to be something.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Khabib was the most dominating force in MMA history.
He could have been the most likeable guy too if not for the religious stuff. Allah that, Allah this. God, I hate religion.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

May 26, 2016
He could have been the most likeable guy too if not for the religious stuff. Allah that, Allah this. God, I hate religion.

He comes from a simple background, religion is everything for them.

If it helps him become a better person why is it a problem ?

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Khabib is amazing. One of the greats of MMA.

But I don't think Khabib JSP is that easy to predict. JSP is very big. Khabib fights as a stronger man, with JSP this won't be the case.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
He comes from a simple background, religion is everything for them.

If it helps him become a better person why is it a problem ?
It has helped many people, many more made zombies and freaks that justify their actions with some stupid books written thousands of years ago.
Even in some modern countries the religious fanatics, while mostly minorities, yield significant political power.
Poland's highest court banned almost all abortions two days ago, no doubt under pressure from the Catholic freaks in the country. In 21st Century Europe. Unbelievable.
USA are going in similar direction.
Disgusting.
I expected 15 years ago in 2020 to have flying cars, energy and environmental revolution, and universal freedom all over the world. Instead we got Covid, pseudo environmentalist, globaly revered sneak oil Covid denying charlatan, several wannabe dictators, elected in Europe and North America, and religious resurgence across the world.
Puke.

May 26, 2016
It has helped many people, many more made zombies and freaks that justify their actions with some stupid books written thousands of years ago.
Even in some modern countries the religious fanatics, while mostly minorities, yield significant political power.
Poland's highest court banned almost all abortions two days ago, no doubt under pressure from the Catholic freaks in the country. In 21st Century Europe. Unbelievable.
USA are going in similar direction.
Disgusting.
I expected 15 years ago in 2020 to have flying cars, energy and environmental revolution, and universal freedom all over the world. Instead we got Covid, pseudo environmentalist, globaly revered sneak oil Covid denying charlatan, several wannabe dictators, elected in Europe and North America, and religious resurgence across the world.
Puke.

Im not religious myself and i agree that there are a lot of religious fanatics out there.

However, people are different: some use religion for power and extremism. Others use it for peace of mind.

Generalizing will give you a distorted view of reality so rather judge the individuals as they are imho

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

Everyone can believe in whatever they want to. I believe in fitness, do what you want.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Im not religious myself and i agree that there are a lot of religious fanatics out there.

However, people are different: some use religion for power and extremism. Others use it for peace of mind.

Generalizing will give you a distorted view of reality so rather judge the individuals as they are imho
I think his point is that it’s fine if you use it for peace of mind as long as you don’t run countries based on religion. That would obviously be absurd and pretty backwards since all religions are equally made up and no one should be forcefully subjected to them.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Didn’t fight regularly enough and his victory’s despite being so dominant weren’t against enough elite fighters to be considered the goat. Think he defended his title 3 times and won it against a mediocre Iaquinta who stepped in on short notice. A washed up McGregor, Dustin and Justin isn’t enough to be able to claim to be the goat.

I’m a big fan Of Khabib but silva, GsP and Jones have had much more impressive careers.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Didn’t fight regularly enough and his victory’s despite being so dominant weren’t against enough elite fighters to be considered the goat. Think he defended his title 3 times and won it against a mediocre Iaquinta who stepped in on short notice. A washed up McGregor, Dustin and Justin isn’t enough to be able to claim to be the goat.

I’m a big fan Of Khabib but silva, GsP and Jones have had much more impressive careers.
That is utter nonsense funny how mc gregor turned into washed up guy after khabib mauled him. The thing about khabibs titles defense is that he had to win 9 or 10 fights in row before getting a title shot while others got thiers after only a couple of wins.

Jones is steroid cheat and has had fights where he didnt look good "he's last couple of fights he has looked shit" and lost rounds while khabib has lost one round in 29 fights, never been dropped or bleed once and has made all those guys look like complete amatuers in there against him.

May 23, 2013
I think his point is that it’s fine if you use it for peace of mind as long as you don’t run countries based on religion. That would obviously be absurd and pretty backwards since all religions are equally made up and no one should be forcefully subjected to them.
But how does running a country based on religion relate to Khabib referencing God in his post-fight interviews?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
That is utter nonsense funny how mc gregor turned into washed up guy after khabib mauled him. The thing about khabibs titles defense is that he had to win 9 or 10 fights in row before getting a title shot while others got thiers after only a couple of wins.

Jones is steroid cheat and has had fights where he didnt look good "he's last couple of fights he has looked shit" and lost rounds while khabib has lost one round in 29 fights, never been dropped or bleed once and has made all those guys look like complete amatuers in there against him.
Come on anyone who knows anything about McGregor knows he hasn’t been in it since the mayweather pay day. Khabib beats him 9 times out of 10 maybe even 10 but that’s not the point I’m making. 3 defenses isn’t enough and the fighters he beat on the way to the title weren’t elite fighters either.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at Khabibs record compared to Jones or Silvas it doesn’t compare. Peds or not.

Everyone is caught up in the hype from last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Silva had defended his middleweight title 11 times as well as destroyed a few people at light heavy weight just for fun in between these defenses. He was 38 when he lost the title. Khabib defended 3 times and retired at 31. It doesn’t compare. People are too caught up in the undefeated streak even though about 20 of his wins were against people no one has heard of and not in any major promotion.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)