The official ball (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Azzurri slam Euro ball Thursday 3 June, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A number of the Italian national squad are unhappy with the official football that will be used at Euro 2004.

Azzurrini No 1 Marco Amelia has publicly criticised it during the U-21 Finals and now members of the full squad fear it will cause problems.

"It is worse than the ball we used at the World Cup," blasted ‘keeper Gigi Buffon (pictured). "It’s also a strange grey colour.

"Obviously it would be too simple to play with a white and black one. We also play with an odd football at Juventus where it simply goes where it wants to."

Reserve shot-stopper Angelo Peruzzi is another who fears that it could spring a few surprises.

"Balls are becoming lighter and lighter. The manufacturers are doing this in order to provide the sport with more spectacular goals," insisted the Lazio man.

"But this is obviously a disadvantage to goalkeepers because the ball changes direction and we run the risk of making fools of ourselves."

However, it is not just the men in between the sticks who don’t like the feel and flight of the ‘Roteiro’ balls.

"I’ve heard some people who claim that it is more suited to attackers but that isn’t true," said Francesco Totti. "It doesn’t even bounce properly."

Hmmm Strange , btw what ball they are with , addidas no???

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I played with the Rotiero before and I quite like it....
I don't kkow what the Azzuri are on about?? It looks like a normal ball and is another ordinary ball... :D

Saphire_diablo

Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
"I’ve heard some people who claim that it is more suited to attackers but that isn’t true," said Francesco Totti. "It doesn’t even bounce properly."
What did he complains about?
That Roteiro ball should make his curl shot even more curly, lol...
Maybe a super curl shot can make the ball slam into his own face :D

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    But if we think of it , i mean for the keepers it's kinds difficult , color GREY ,,,, no one knows what can happen ...why didn't they just made another color..but GREY???

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    They should stop whining and slamming the ball, and start slamming it into the net :rolleyes:

I find it hilarious that while everyone else is whining about the balls being shite, David Beckham is saying that they're "the most accurate ball I've ever kicked". What a coincidence that he's under contract from adidas :D

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Beckham was obliged to say this or else , his ass was gonna get kicked out of addidas !

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    heehehe.. sponsorship my fren.... he was paid to say that.. check out Totti's and Peruzzi's and Buffon's sponsor.. ohh what a coincidence.. they re not adidas..:p
    very tru mate, they may jus be tryin to demote the product for puma :D

i cant pass judgement on the ball until i try i, which i shall be very soon.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I've seen sponsorship go rotten too. When I went to a Harry Kewell signing event at the start of the year, he didn't even sign Leeds jerseys, because they're not made by Adidas :rolleyes:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I've tried it, it's just a bit lighter than the other balls. It isn't comfortable playing at night because of its dark color, but Im sure that won't be a problem at Euro04 thanks to the good lighting in the stadiums.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I've tried it, it's just a bit lighter than the other balls. It isn't comfortable playing at night because of its dark color, but Im sure that won't be a problem at Euro04 thanks to the good lighting in the stadiums.
    Cheers man, at least i kno what to expect :D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    ooo.. so the silverisdh colour dont glimmer at night?..

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I think the ball is ugly! I love the new Nike - ball, but unfortunatly, since years adidas was producing the WC and EC balls! Shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)