The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (6 Viewers)

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I really hope Benitez doesn't come to Turin. I can't really see at this moment who could be the next Manager next season but if I had a wish it would be.........going on a limb here but Rijkaard or Hiddink but I know already no way in he'll we will get Gus.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
definetly need to lose this formation, we are in a position where playing either the 4-3-2-1 actually playing that formation would allow us to play our best players right now, hopefully he sees this.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
definetly need to lose this formation, we are in a position where playing either the 4-3-2-1 actually playing that formation would allow us to play our best players right now, hopefully he sees this.
Zacch, ranieri are the kind of coaches who don't like to change their formations no matter what. They're find ways to fit players into their formation one way or another but changing their system is a no-no thing them.

We better get used to that 3-4-3 system from now on....

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We are going to crash with this formation eventually. Too many issues with it.

Firstly, too much space around the back 3. Every single 1 of our back 3 (even Chiellini) was skinned at least once over the past 2 games. This will continue to happen because a back 3 is not nearly as compact or in unison as a back 4. Not to mention none of them are quick players, and speed is an asset when more space is available.

Secondly, our weakest area of the squad since serie b has been at fullback, and now we have a set up that places special importance on this area of the team for the formation to function. Makes absolutely no sense at all, and with the way our wingbacks have been playing so far, they might as well be fullbacks anways. At least that way we have an extra player in midfield (where we have some quality), and get to avoid all the problems of the 3 man D.

With 2 competitions, I don’t see how this is going to work. We only have 3 natural cb's, and they will all play when fit. At least with 4 at back, 1 is always rested and ready to step in should some1 get injured. I don't see Zebina as a good choice back there. He did alright vs Genoa, but there were many instances when he was easily beat and Momo/Caceres had to bail him out. Canna is not even an option on the right side of 3 man D imo. He needs to be in a position where his experience pays off, and that is at cb in a 4 man D.

I think (hope) Zac is holding off until more midfielders return. When Camo, Marchisio, Melo, Momo and Poulsen are all fit and back from suspension, you want 3 of these players in midfield. No coach in their right mind would sacrifice any of the above midfielders just so he could field very average wingbacks.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
We are going to crash with this formation eventually. Too many issues with it.

Firstly, too much space around the back 3. Every single 1 of our back 3 (even Chiellini) was skinned at least once over the past 2 games. This will continue to happen because a back 3 is not nearly as compact or in unison as a back 4. Not to mention none of them are quick players, and speed is an asset when more space is available.

Secondly, our weakest area of the squad since serie b has been at fullback, and now we have a set up that places special importance on this area of the team for the formation to function. Makes absolutely no sense at all, and with the way our wingbacks have been playing so far, they might as well be fullbacks anways. At least that way we have an extra player in midfield (where we have some quality), and get to avoid all the problems of the 3 man D.

With 2 competitions, I don’t see how this is going to work. We only have 3 natural cb's, and they will all play when fit. At least with 4 at back, 1 is always rested and ready to step in should some1 get injured. I don't see Zebina as a good choice back there. He did alright vs Genoa, but there were many instances when he was easily beat and Momo/Caceres had to bail him out. Canna is not even an option on the right side of 3 man D imo. He needs to be in a position where his experience pays off, and that is at cb in a 4 man D.

I think (hope) Zac is holding off until more midfielders return. When Camo, Marchisio, Melo, Momo and Poulsen are all fit and back from suspension, you want 3 of these players in midfield. No coach in their right mind would sacrifice any of the above midfielders just so he could field very average wingbacks.
We should thank Zacc for that! Oh yeah and our board.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I somewhat disagree mate but we'll see. I see Hiddink going to Liverpool hence why Rafa gets released. Hiddink will go to the Premier League and I see Liverpool as the viable option.
I could only see that happening if we're able to get the 100 million pound investment Purslow is looking for, which hinges on Dee and Dum giving up majority status in the club. Otherwise, I see us keeping Rafa no matter what.

No quality manager would come to Liverpool without significant investment and controlling change.

YES!!:D

BIG NO. Zach's reign as a manager always ends in tears, for both him and the fans who have to put up with his nonsense.
That's my prediction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)