The off topic thread (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Well we all talk and debate about american ignorance, but this is true in many ways. it does give a bad impression to the rest of the world. For example, 53 percent of the nation pin the 9/11 murders on Saddam, something the CIA and most of the world intelligence gathering organizations have always discredited.

The fact that so many Americans believe this, reveals the successful messaging of the Bush administration along with a failure of both Congress and the media to suficiently question the President's actions or question the statements coming from the pentagon and white house.

Aswell as this, which sounds even more ridiculuos, the vice president, often talked about the "war on terror" and time and again messages came from the white house. But as soon as the speech would finish they would cut to scenes of saddam, indicating to the public that the culprits was Saddam. :disagree:

After the attacks the americans learned that 15 of the 19 suicide bombers were saudi. with a little more info they would have learned that only one of the twenty six leaders of Al-Quaeda was iraqi, the rest were saudi, egyptian or yemini. And the top ten financiers, 8 were saudi (i'm not ripping on saudi's but this is the info). And a s harsh as saddam was, he was never close with international terrorism or Al-Quaeda.

By the time war had begun, the message wasn't that Iraq was behind 9/11, but that it was a potential enemy because it had weapons of mass destruction. As well as this, it was a rare thing to find an american that believed saddam was behind the attacks prior to the invasion of iraq.

And after the invasion of iraq, 45% of the populus of america believed that Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks. the successful drum beating from the white house and pentagon worked. the 8% increase after the invasion of iraq in this belief is not only thanks to this war mongering, but also a countries people trying to justify why they sent in over 200,000 troops.

so in conlusion, its clear, yes some americans are ignorant, but it isnt only theiir fault. their administration has failed them too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
ßömßäяdîëя;1428527 said:
I can't read long posts because I am lazy, but the first para is right.

The Bush Admin. is to blame for a lot of the nonsense MOST Americans believe, most of us on here aren't the idiot Americans you are talking about though.
yeh, thanks. i know that the ones here arent but maybe a couple are.

OP
Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #550
    Both fags and Green Day suck.
    so? i still dont see what does being gay (eventhough they arn't) has got to do with their musical talents, my musical taste may not be the same as yours, whatever you listen too is probably crap to me, but green day revolutionised punk in the past 20 or so years, if you dislike their political songs against america i can understand but i like it, alot of rock bands are quite political minded in their song writting these days.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    ßömßäяdîëя;1428527 said:
    I can't read long posts because I am lazy, but the first para is right.

The Bush Admin. is to blame for a lot of the nonsense MOST Americans believe, most of us on here aren't the idiot Americans you are talking about though.
    its a pretty lazy stereotype to believe thyat all americans are dumb. the irony of it is that most that come here to edinburgh for the international festival are THE BIGGESt iddiots you are ever likely to meet. however that by no ways means they are representive of all of the country

actually green day made some excellent stuff in the early days, albums such as dookie and insomniac were excellent. still they should have left the political statements to bono and bob geldoff:oops:

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #552
    its a pretty lazy stereotype to believe thyat all americans are dumb. the irony of it is that most that come here to edinburgh for the international festival are THE BIGGESt iddiots you are ever likely to meet. however that by no ways means they are representive of all of the country

actually green day made some excellent stuff in the early days, albums such as dookie and insomniac were excellent. still they should have left the political statements to bono and bob geldoff:oops:
    nah i kinda like political songs now, alot of rock bands are doing it lately. Im not a great fan of green day, but still they are one of those bands that should be widely expected, to call them fags and crap is like saying the same about tupac who i personally dont listen nor like but is one of those respected musicians by all

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    nah i kinda like political songs now, alot of rock bands are doing it lately. Im not a great fan of green day, but still they are one of those bands that should be widely expected, to call them fags and crap is like saying the same about tupac who i personally dont listen nor like but is one of those respected musicians by all
    nah political songs to be left to hippies busking on the streets, singing about how the goverment screwed them over by taking away their welfare. to be honest i dont really care if folk think green day are fags,hell they could think they were teh biggest group of knob-jockeys out of cali i would not care, i got into their music many years ago and still listen to their earlier stuff regularly

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #554
    nah political songs to be left to hippies busking on the streets, singing about how the goverment screwed them over by taking away their welfare. to be honest i dont really care if folk think green day are fags,hell they could think they were teh biggest group of knob-jockeys out of cali i would not care, i got into their music many years ago and still listen to their earlier stuff regularly
    f*ck hippies :D i like to hear bands like machine head,linkin park and disturbed singing how f*cked up bush and his policies are

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    so? i still dont see what does being gay (eventhough they arn't) has got to do with their musical talents, my musical taste may not be the same as yours, whatever you listen too is probably crap to me, but green day revolutionised punk in the past 20 or so years, if you dislike their political songs against america i can understand but i like it, alot of rock bands are quite political minded in their song writting these days.
    Oh please. The Dandy Warhols are already miles ahead of Green Day.

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #557
    man you would have loved to grow up with Rage Against The Machine
    perhaps but they were really before my time but i really do prefer the new stuff more than the old school rock, though i dont mind the odd tune like voodoo child from jimi hendrix that is such a tune, but nothing beats a bit of slipknot for me first thing in a morning :)
    Oh please. The Dandy Warhols are already miles ahead of Green Day.
    if you say so, eventhough bohemian like you is about the only song i know by them and the only one song ive seen them produce, but my niche in music doesnt really follow their path anyways.

Apr 12, 2004
    Well, I used to love Green Day, but not any more. But it is true that fags suck....unless they are prudes and don't put out.

:D
    You are right, it hasn't anything to do with it, and Tonykart is the only REAL gay I know.
    man you would have loved to grow up with Rage Against The Machine
    I love them....did you know they all met at Harvard as PoliSci majors?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    You? Reason?

Oh come on. You're driven by impulses. There's no ratio in your personality whatsoever. It makes you superficial and bloody dangerous. You don't get half of what is being sad here and that makes you mad. So you start to insult people. You start calling them "readers".
    driven by impulses ??

sure, whatever you say...I think you are more driven by impulses than anyone else here, with your ridiculous generalizations

you know nothing kid...plain and simple

go back and play with your toy cars and trucks and leave "reason" and "intelligence" to the grown- ups

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Vinman, my friend plays in an open-league in the SF area, and today he said he played against a team comprised of SF police officers. Apparently the game was cancelled because they couldn't stop the fighting, and it carried into the parking lot after the "match". Do you do this with your colleagues ? :D
    no...my collegues would never play soccer

Well we all talk and debate about american ignorance, but this is true in many ways. it does give a bad impression to the rest of the world. For example, 53 percent of the nation pin the 9/11 murders on Saddam, something the CIA and most of the world intelligence gathering organizations have always discredited.

The fact that so many Americans believe this, reveals the successful messaging of the Bush administration along with a failure of both Congress and the media to suficiently question the President's actions or question the statements coming from the pentagon and white house.

Aswell as this, which sounds even more ridiculuos, the vice president, often talked about the "war on terror" and time and again messages came from the white house. But as soon as the speech would finish they would cut to scenes of saddam, indicating to the public that the culprits was Saddam. :disagree:

After the attacks the americans learned that 15 of the 19 suicide bombers were saudi. with a little more info they would have learned that only one of the twenty six leaders of Al-Quaeda was iraqi, the rest were saudi, egyptian or yemini. And the top ten financiers, 8 were saudi (i'm not ripping on saudi's but this is the info). And a s harsh as saddam was, he was never close with international terrorism or Al-Quaeda.

By the time war had begun, the message wasn't that Iraq was behind 9/11, but that it was a potential enemy because it had weapons of mass destruction. As well as this, it was a rare thing to find an american that believed saddam was behind the attacks prior to the invasion of iraq.

And after the invasion of iraq, 45% of the populus of america believed that Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks. the successful drum beating from the white house and pentagon worked. the 8% increase after the invasion of iraq in this belief is not only thanks to this war mongering, but also a countries people trying to justify why they sent in over 200,000 troops.

so in conlusion, its clear, yes some americans are ignorant, but it isnt only theiir fault. their administration has failed them too.
    I would hope that most of America would realize this

I have no excuses for the red-necks though:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)