The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (39 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ive always said that IF cassano signs for Madrid, does that mean capello will go aswell? If not now then after his contract ends. hope we can sign capello up til 2010, as that could be a possibility seeing as we have done a massive deal with mediaset.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
Jigga said:
Ive always said that IF cassano signs for Madrid, does that mean capello will go aswell? If not now then after his contract ends. hope we can sign capello up til 2010, as that could be a possibility seeing as we have done a massive deal with mediaset.

U sure u want 4 more years of capello? like the man himself said,after a couple of years,the coach loses his voice in the locker room so i doubt he'll stay that long and personally i don't care either! i'd rather have prandelli leading the team in the future :D

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Stuart said:
I'm sorry but that's absolute bullshit. Mutu and Del Piero are perfectly suited to the 4-3-3 as they are used to having to drop deeper and wider. Mutu is being asked to play on the left these days and doing very well and don't forget the form DP showed when he played left attacking midfield in a 4-2-3-1 system, both for Trapattoni's Italy and Lippi's Juventus. Capello doesn't play 4-3-3 because he doesn't want to not because Mutu and DP aren't good enough. He's far too rigid when it comes to changing systems and too reluctant to give anything remotely adventurous a try. That's why the likes of Mourinho, Hiddink, Benitez and Lippi are better managers. Capello played the 4-3-3 for about 8 games last season, but only because Nedved was injured and Olivera wasn't performing up to scratch and what happened? We won all 8 of those games and DP's form was excellent. If Capello had a bit of sense he would revert to the 4-3-3 against smaller teams because that is the way to ensure that they are kept on the backfoot but Cap sticks with the same formation no matter what.
anyway, ur post is convincing......but agian we can talk forever and am feel reaaly tired of talking....i think u remember that we reach to this level of talk before :smoke: ....... but for me....from now on, i will not follow any transfer speculation for Juventus from now on ..... i feel bad when my mind think a lot of one player and then nothing is happened specially with this is our strategy which is : linking with many many players but u will be surprised with whom we will sign.

another thing, my main attraction to Cassano ...is that we lack creativity upfront.....our style of play which is long ball lopping above team defences for a ball may reach Treze or Ibra ....or Ibra try to create by himself , all of that is really bad football, as last case with Lazio, i want at that day break the TV and screaming why why we don't pressure them...we have worldclass players but they put huge pressure on us for almost 80mins of the match...and we score from free kick !!!!! big team like us score from free kicks not from well - organsied attack style.....which is ofcurse not juve type of play .....so having cassano is the solution......but because we still far way from this ...and cassano seems heading to Real, i think the best thing for me..after almost 8 years from following Juve....is just to watch others like Barca and really liverpool playes nice football and many english teams......!:smoke:

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
Juventinoo said:
anyway, ur post is convincing......but agian we can talk forever and am feel reaaly tired of talking....i think u remember that we reach to this level of talk before :smoke: ....... but for me....from now on, i will not follow any transfer speculation for Juventus from now on ..... i feel bad when my mind think a lot of one player and then nothing is happened specially with this is our strategy which is : linking with many many players but u will be surprised with whom we will sign.

another thing, my main attraction to Cassano ...is that we lack creativity upfront.....our style of play which is long ball lopping above team defences for a ball may reach Treze or Ibra ....or Ibra try to create by himself , all of that is really bad football, as last case with Lazio, i want at that day break the TV and screaming why why we don't pressure them...we have worldclass players but the put huge pressure on us...and we score from free kick !!!!! big team like us score from free kicks not from well - organsied attack style.....which is ofcurse not juve type of play .....so having cassano is the solution......but because we style far way from this ...and cassano seems heading to Real, i think the best thing for me..after almost 8 years from following Juve....is just to watch others like Barca and really liverpool playes nice football and many english teams......!:smoke:
Like WWE's Carlito would say: "Not Cool Man" :tdown: don't give up on Juve!!! as well as i agree with some parts of your post,if u r really a juve fan,u should stick with the team in the best and specially in the worst! i watch chelsea and barça play but if they score i almost no react..as for juve i scream and jump :D
but u'r right..we could use some more attractive play..I'd go for Quaresma instead of Nedved and we'd have Zlatan and Harry Potter to make us have some fun ;)

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
KroniK said:
Like WWE's Carlito would say: "Not Cool Man" :tdown: don't give up on Juve!!! as well as i agree with some parts of your post,if u r really a juve fan,u should stick with the team in the best and specially in the worst! i watch chelsea and barça play but if they score i almost no react..as for juve i scream and jump :D
but u'r right..we could use some more attractive play..I'd go for Quaresma instead of Nedved and we'd have Zlatan and Harry Potter to make us have some fun ;)
u right regarding team loyality, i love Juve too much and i feel hurted when one talk badly about us specially at times of dopping case and referes mistakes .....and like u ... i have great joy when we win a match agianst big teams...but still football is one way to have fun or entertain ur self ...but now adays juve matches are just break ur heart.... i want my lovely team to play football....which is possible due to world class players we have...but the fact is not. Inter is not consistent, but they try to play nice football...lazio also ...Liverpool play wonderfull football with ManUnited and sometimes Arsenal, Newcastle.....Barca...etc.....and if we compared all teams in the world the best one which have players in each position is us from attack to the goal keeper...but still we grap the results with UGLY play.....

also fo CL, if one team try to play with us with the same way Liverpool did...we will not go that far....unless we start to attack not to defend.

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
the fact is,u have good arguments and i agree with what u say but then again if u saw juventus trashing cagliari (at least until the first quarter of the second half) u saw an out of this world performance by the team we love..ironic that zlatan messed up a lot but the team squashed cagliari as if they were ants..point is,they can perform well when they want to,IMO the problem is ,usually,most juve players play like they r being forced to..i don't understand it but all i can think about that is that capello's strict tactics r holding them back :(

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We will be fine without Capello but with Capello we can always be better

I hope we would get Mourinho if Capello goes altough it is very unlikely that Mourinho would leave a club that he names a player and the owner gives him his wish ($$$)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juventinoo said:
another thing, my main attraction to Cassano ...is that we lack creativity upfront.....our style of play which is long ball lopping above team defences for a ball may reach Treze or Ibra ....or Ibra try to create by himself , all of that is really bad football, as last case with Lazio, i want at that day break the TV and screaming why why we don't pressure them...we have worldclass players but they put huge pressure on us for almost 80mins of the match...and we score from free kick !!!!! big team like us score from free kicks not from well - organsied attack style.....which is ofcurse not juve type of play .....so having cassano is the solution......but because we still far way from this ...and cassano seems heading to Real, i think the best thing for me..after almost 8 years from following Juve....is just to watch others like Barca and really liverpool playes nice football and many english teams......!:smoke:
You make a fair point about our style of play and I whole heartedly agree with you. I'd love for us to quit this long ball nonsense and attack with a purpose but Cassano is not the answer (IMO anyways). We already have creativity upfront with Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Mutu, it's the midfield that needs fixing. The main reason for us not playing nice attacking football lies in our coach, Fabio Capello. His priority has always been defensive stability and organisation, hence the reason we play with a back four and two defensive midfielders. Since Cap has joined Zambrotta hasn't been as explosive going forward as he used to be and not having someone to provide a link between midfield and attack like Nedved did in Lippi's last spell and Zidane before that sometimes leads to the strikers being isolated and we revert to a long ball game. Capello doesn't care about good football though. As long as we win he's happy and this applies to some fans as well. I however want a bit more in terms of performance and even entertainment and with the squad we have at Juve I don't think that I'm asking too much.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
cassano would go to madrid,and they're getting him as a raul replacement.so what wud happend when raul returns?i dont see cassano replacing raul in the long term,he's untouchable no matter how bad he playes..now if capello was to join madrid too next season,then it would be a different story.

i belive that cassano's madrid adventure will last for 6 months,where he'll do well enough to win a place in lippi's wc squad after which he'll head back to italy.i cant see him in spain on a long term basis,particularly because real are only getting him as raul's replacement.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Really wished this saga just ended so we dont have to continue writing posts for this chump. Hope he fucks up there. But then again if Madrid can get him for £5m then i guess they're laughing cos we know what talent this boys got.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Stuart said:
You make a fair point about our style of play and I whole heartedly agree with you. I'd love for us to quit this long ball nonsense and attack with a purpose but Cassano is not the answer (IMO anyways). We already have creativity upfront with Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Mutu, it's the midfield that needs fixing. The main reason for us not playing nice attacking football lies in our coach, Fabio Capello. His priority has always been defensive stability and organisation, hence the reason we play with a back four and two defensive midfielders. Since Cap has joined Zambrotta hasn't been as explosive going forward as he used to be and not having someone to provide a link between midfield and attack like Nedved did in Lippi's last spell and Zidane before that sometimes leads to the strikers being isolated and we revert to a long ball game. Capello doesn't care about good football though. As long as we win he's happy and this applies to some fans as well. I however want a bit more in terms of performance and even entertainment and with the squad we have at Juve I don't think that I'm asking too much.
With Capello Juve don't really have a attacking tactic. There's no clear flow of the ball and thus yes the strikers become isolated. I think Capello is still trying to make Nedved become the link but Neddy is just not the same as he was in 2003.

Even in the last year of Lippi we could see how Juve weren't really creative, and the goals that we scored IMO (eventhough we scored many) were due more to our loose team (defense and midfield) which made the opponents commint more players forward and us being able to catch them with a fast counter.

With our team now, our opponents are very much alert and don't want to take the risk of commiting too many players forward seeing how tough the Juve defense is. And that has really been the main difference between Cap's team and Lippi's last team.

Even if we purchase a highly rated winger or attacking midfielder, don't expect much of a flowing football we see from Milan. Coz the defensive stability will still be number 1 and when opponents can't break down our defense they tend to stay back and play tight, making it difficult for us to attack.

And with regards to comments made earlier about how Juve just don't seem to try hard enough and sometimes seem willing to accept bombardments. Well it seems to be Juve's style, even before Capello. Sometimes I see us playing like "common take your best shot", and then we end up scoring one goal, and then we hibernate. Not trying to get a second goal. How many 1-0 scorelines have we seen during Capello and Lippi's era? Alot!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You're not going to see an attacking Juventus model as long as Capello has his way. The only way to get fast flowing football is to put Mutu behind the front two and deploy the trident. Anything else will continue to be an effort at something more staid.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
It's perhaps time that Nedved got replaced, but really, is Mutu the answer? He hasn't been all that convincing whenever he's played in midfield, and I for one am no fan of playing players out of position. You could probably count the number of world class players with Zambrotta-like versatility with one hand; Mutu is not one of them.

The attacking midfield position currently held by Nedved is one which, with the right player, potentially defines the way we attack. We all saw what an on-fire Nedved could do for an already defensively watertight team, if there's money to be spent it should be to replace him rather than try to pull off a repeat (nedved, if you'll remember, was a left winger before his conversion) for the sake of saving that money.

Make no mistake, I would be very, very surprised if Mutu turned out to be the answer to our attacking woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)