The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (96 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juventinoo said:
what a funny posts....instead of this way...why we don't sign him for next sesson..which is the right thing....

another pt, all cassano lovers wants him next sesson not now or in winter ...at this time Dp is just finished.
Why should we go for Cassano next season when we already have Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic and Mutu? Didn't you say that DP is finished before the start of this season as well?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My sentiments exactly. What do we need Cassano for? He's a wonderful talent but so is Ibrahimovic and Mutu's form indicates that he deserves a proper chance.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If Mutu can convert to left wing then god I want Cassano. He might not be close to Del Piero off the pitch, but on the pitch he's the only Italian I can see fill he's shoes. IMO an Italian team needs an Italian icon, but that's up to each I guess.

Though I'd change Cassano for Mutu in an instance, though if Mutu could convert that'll be awesome.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Stuart said:
Why should we go for Cassano next season when we already have Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic and Mutu? Didn't you say that DP is finished before the start of this season as well?
intersting, Dp is finished dude.....look how many important matches he played....how important goals he scored ....but at the same time he is good sub....i.e. his contribution to our success is less than 2% out of 10%.....compared to what ibra do...or Treze...or Neddy or any one in the team....but yes he is good sub for huge sum of money / year .....

hint: i don't hate him, but simply his time is expired and we have to look for alternatives

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Stuart said:
My sentiments exactly. What do we need Cassano for? He's a wonderful talent but so is Ibrahimovic and Mutu's form indicates that he deserves a proper chance.

Cassano - Zlatan
----Treze--------

fullstop.

hint: don't tell me Cap won't play 433...he did many times, in Juve or others, but in Juve we don't have great one...neither Mutu nor DP works with 433 fine.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
DP , Mutu and ibra can all play in cassano position , I would prefer a better backup for Trez who has a unique profile in our attack(we have a pale imitation on Zala) and is injury prone

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Juventinoo said:
neither Mutu nor DP works with 433 fine.
How would you know that? Mutu and Del Piero would both be suited to playing in the left forward position IMO, Del Piero because he's always preferred the left flank and operates there all the time anyway, and Mutu's had experience both as a forward and moving deeper and wider as a midfielder this season.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Huzi said:
i think that we will buy Cassano afterall , but the problem isn't whether we will buy Mutu to Roma or not , the problem is Alex's position in the team cause we all know that Cassano's role in Roma resembles that of Del Piero and therfore we can't keep 2 strkiers with the same role !! it will become a headache for Juve Management cause i think that Del Piero will leave if Cassano joined Juve .
Did anyone remeber this post?
No, I didn´t think so either.
It is from page 105, now were on page 390.

IT HAS ALL BEEN SAID AT LEAST 100 TIMES.

Read the whole thread and then post something that hasn´t been posted!
As I thought, you couldn´t come up with anything. So stop this insane thread!!!

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Desmond said:
How would you know that? Mutu and Del Piero would both be suited to playing in the left forward position IMO, Del Piero because he's always preferred the left flank and operates there all the time anyway, and Mutu's had experience both as a forward and moving deeper and wider as a midfielder this season.
if really this formation works, we will play many many games with it, but the real thing it's good agianst small teams....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juventinoo said:
intersting, Dp is finished dude.....look how many important matches he played....how important goals he scored ....but at the same time he is good sub....i.e. his contribution to our success is less than 2% out of 10%.....compared to what ibra do...or Treze...or Neddy or any one in the team....but yes he is good sub for huge sum of money / year .....

hint: i don't hate him, but simply his time is expired and we have to look for alternatives
Del Piero's form this season has been better than Nedved's for sure and maybe even Zlatan's. He has 8 goals and 2 assists in considerably less time than Neddy and Ibra it's just that Capello is too stubborn to give DP a go even though he deserves it. Trezeguet is untouchable as his uncanny efficiency infront of goal is necessary to this Juve team but there have been times this season when Del Piero (and Mutu too) has been playing better football than Ibrahimovic but the latter still gets the nod from Don Fabio. I'm not saying that Alex should start every single game because he shouldn't, but he should start when his form is better than one of the players who commands a first team spot. DP isn't the player he used to be but he isn't finished and for the last time, we don't need Cassano. Why should we go looking for alternatives when we already have two excellent support strikers at the club in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Adrian Mutu. Cassano is a spoilt, unmannerly, immature young man and we don't need that sort of player at Juve, not when his acquisition isn't crucial for Juve success.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juventinoo said:
Cassano - Zlatan
----Treze--------

fullstop.

hint: don't tell me Cap won't play 433...he did many times, in Juve or others, but in Juve we don't have great one...neither Mutu nor DP works with 433 fine.
I'm sorry but that's absolute bullshit. Mutu and Del Piero are perfectly suited to the 4-3-3 as they are used to having to drop deeper and wider. Mutu is being asked to play on the left these days and doing very well and don't forget the form DP showed when he played left attacking midfield in a 4-2-3-1 system, both for Trapattoni's Italy and Lippi's Juventus. Capello doesn't play 4-3-3 because he doesn't want to not because Mutu and DP aren't good enough. He's far too rigid when it comes to changing systems and too reluctant to give anything remotely adventurous a try. That's why the likes of Mourinho, Hiddink, Benitez and Lippi are better managers. Capello played the 4-3-3 for about 8 games last season, but only because Nedved was injured and Olivera wasn't performing up to scratch and what happened? We won all 8 of those games and DP's form was excellent. If Capello had a bit of sense he would revert to the 4-3-3 against smaller teams because that is the way to ensure that they are kept on the backfoot but Cap sticks with the same formation no matter what.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stuart said:
Del Piero's form this season has been better than Nedved's for sure and maybe even Zlatan's. He has 8 goals and 2 assists in considerably less time than Neddy and Ibra it's just that Capello is too stubborn to give DP a go even though he deserves it. Trezeguet is untouchable as his uncanny efficiency infront of goal is necessary to this Juve team but there have been times this season when Del Piero (and Mutu too) has been playing better football than Ibrahimovic but the latter still gets the nod from Don Fabio. I'm not saying that Alex should start every single game because he shouldn't, but he should start when his form is better than one of the players who commands a first team spot. DP isn't the player he used to be but he isn't finished and for the last time, we don't need Cassano. Why should we go looking for alternatives when we already have two excellent support strikers at the club in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Adrian Mutu. Cassano is a spoilt, unmannerly, immature young man and we don't need that sort of player at Juve, not when his acquisition isn't crucial for Juve success.

:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)