The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (29 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Eaglesnake_1 said:
But it would be better if we invest our money and time in bringing players that we really need...like some one to replace Nedved, another real good center back or left back, etc.

I agree too:agree: can i get a rep...hehe:weee:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why we are wasting time trying to obtain Cassano is beyond me...if any position on our team does not need any strengthening it's our friggin forward line. Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Mutu, Del Piero, and Zalayeta are all capable forwards and have served us well for a number of years and all still have gas left in the tank. But instead of looking for players we actually need we waste time going after one we really don't in Antonio Cassano. So this means Capello will usher one of our players out, probably Mutu who has not received a far chance at all thus far. Fvcking ridiculous.

Our first priority this summer should be adding youth to our defense and midfield...finding a replacement for Thuram and Zebina...obtaining a good understudy to our central midfield and replacing Nedved. Everything else is redundant, including purchasing Cassano who Capello just cannot live without.

It will be interesting to see how Cassano and Ibrahimovic compete with each other at Juventus...not to mention the prospect of having two of the most arrogant forwards in football running our frontline. Referees, get your cards ready.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All right, so let me get this straight.

Cassano will be available to Juventus in the summertime for the sum of 3 million pounds.

That's three million pounds for a spectacular talent who is the ripe old age of 24.

Now, tell me something, people. Where, oh where, would Juventus be able to get a player of Cassano's skill, at that age, for that price??

I know where. Its at a shopping mall called NOWHERE.

Too many forwards?? Not a problem. Sell one of them off for a handsome sum (Trezeguet, for example) and reinforce whatever is needed, such as central defense and left midfield with the money that they receive.

See how this works??? Its all quite simple if you take the time ot think about it.

So, in essence, Cassano would theoretically be replacing a lesser skilled player on the roster (Trezeguet, and this is no knock on Trez, but if you think he's more skilled than Cassano, then please share what you are smoking with the rest of the class), and they are able to use the money to shore up other holes on the roster.

AND, it would cost less money for Juventus to do this.

This is a master stroke by Moggi, especially if selling Trez, or Mutu will be able to fill the rest of the roster.

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
Cassano for 3 mill pounds is the best thing Juve can do, especially if they won't have him until this summer.

Juve has made a living off of making smart transfer moves ie. buying good players cheap and this is another example.

Bringing in Ibrahimovic was as "risky" as bringing in Cassano. People forget that a change of scenery often helps out young players and allow them to mature.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Gooooood, whine about cassano. This is one of the most talented footballers in the world today, imagine what he could accomplish with Ibra. Yeah we are stacked in that area of the pitch, though Mutu can addapt to another position and Cassano is pretty much alround as well.

Bah I just want Cassano, missing out on talent is a bitch. ;|

3 mil biatches, 3 mil!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sergio said:

Cassano will be available to Juventus in the summertime for the sum of 3 million pounds.

That's three million pounds for a spectacular talent who is the ripe old age of 24.

Now, tell me something, people. Where, oh where, would Juventus be able to get a player of Cassano's skill, at that age, for that price??

Too many forwards?? Not a problem. Sell one of them off for a handsome sum (Trezeguet, for example) and reinforce whatever is needed, such as central defense and left midfield with the money that they receive.

See how this works??? Its all quite simple if you take the time ot think about it.

So, in essence, Cassano would theoretically be replacing a lesser skilled player on the roster (Trezeguet, and this is no knock on Trez, but if you think he's more skilled than Cassano, then please share what you are smoking with the rest of the class), and they are able to use the money to shore up other holes on the roster.

This is a master stroke by Moggi, especially if selling Trez, or Mutu will be able to fill the rest of the roster.

Hmm, sell Trezeguet? Should we sell our only natural goalscorer on Juventus who continues to bag more goals than any other Juve player? Should we sell Trezeguet just to compensate Cassano? Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense, especially when we have two very capable players who fill the same role as Cassano (Zlatan and Mutu). Who on this side will continue to knock in the goals for Juventus once David leaves...Cassano? Absolutely not.

And this three million could go towards a player we actually need, such a replacement for Nedved. With our supposed "limited" transfer budget, we cannot waste money on a player we don't need...that has been our policy for years now. But all of a sudden since Capello is here we are about to break that little rule of ours..

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Sergio said:

Agree with u mate, but i would not sell trez, that would be bad as useing Cassano and Zlatan just behind Trez, or Cassano - Trez - Zlatan would be a great frontline..
damn............. it would be HOT!

pecker said:
Gooooood, whine about cassano. This is one of the most talented footballers in the world today, imagine what he could accomplish with Ibra. Yeah we are stacked in that area of the pitch, though Mutu can addapt to another position and Cassano is pretty much alround as well.

Bah I just want Cassano, missing out on talent is a bitch. ;|

3 mil biatches, 3 mil!

Thats right.. WE have to sign him! even if we had 9 forwards!!!

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Hmm, sell Trezeguet? Should we sell our only natural goalscorer on Juventus who continues to bag more goals than any other Juve player? Should we sell Trezeguet just to compensate Cassano? Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense, especially when we have two very capable players who fill the same role as Cassano (Zlatan and Mutu). Who on this side will continue to knock in the goals for Juventus once David leaves...Cassano? Absolutely not.

And this three million could go towards a player we actually need, such a replacement for Nedved. With our supposed "limited" transfer budget, we cannot waste money on a player we don't need...that has been our policy for years now. But all of a sudden since Capello is here we are about to break that little rule of ours..
7 i agree with the first part of your post that we should not sell Trez..

but why, why do u blame Capello for this.. WE all KNOW that MOGGI has alwayse been a BIG fan of CASSANO, even when the kid was in bari.. NOW he has a chance to get him because of Capello, SO we and Moggi should THANK Cap for this.. AND if that wasent enough, we can sign this future ITALIAN star for NOTHING, okay, maybe we have to pay something but HEY, its fucking 3m€..
Even i would be more expensiv... :weee:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
It's time somebody tells it like it is here:

1st...Are we going to sell Trez? NO
2nd...Are we going to sell Ibra? NO

so that makes these 2 our starting duo for next season.

Del Piero is gonna stay with Juve another year right? YES or maybe. I think he'll stay. HE'S FREAKIN' JUVE MAN!!!

Neddy is getting old right, he can still start but what is Capello doing? He's playing Mutu on the left. Is he does a good job? YES

How much did Mutu cost us? NOTHING, NADA, NIENTE, RIEN, O, ZERO, ZILCH....

What's his salary? 1 freakin' million per year....

About Cassano, he want to be a starter: Any chance here? NOPE
He wants 5-5.5m € per year....Would it be a wise move to pay that kind of $$$ for a 4-5th striker? NAH

Is he a trouble maker? Ah Yeah

So for next season we only need to address the Zalayeta case. We only need a young kid to replace him and learn from the big boys or a veteran that will shut his trap because we all know he won't play in front of Zlatan, Trez, DP and Mutu.

In conclusion...we don't fuckin' need Cassano.

Mark77

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
hmm.. im sure that Cassano will be a starter.. (if he really join's this club)

he will start in a 4-3-3 formation.. or a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 ...

anyway, i hope DP stays, and imo Neddy or Mutu will leave.. or maybe even Camoranesi.. and Zala will also leave..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve_Kosova said:
7 i agree with the first part of your post that we should not sell Trez..

but why, why do u blame Capello for this.. WE all KNOW that MOGGI has alwayse been a BIG fan of CASSANO, even when the kid was in bari.. NOW he has a chance to get him because of Capello, SO we and Moggi should THANK Cap for this.. AND if that wasent enough, we can sign this future ITALIAN star for NOTHING, okay, maybe we have to pay something but HEY, its fucking 3m€..
Even i would be more expensiv... :weee:
Moggi has been a big fan of a lot of players, at least so he says through the media. But he doesn't relinquish his sanity and buy all the players he loves a la Massimo Moratti...that would be just ridiculous and thank God Moggi has some football sense. He will never himself buy players we absolutely don't need, however he will listen to the demands of Capello and that is why I made the statement you're referring to.

Good post Mark. We just don't fvcking need Cassano.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sergio said:

a) Don't be too sure about Cassano being more skilled than Trezeguet. Sure he's more technically gifted, but we all know Trezeguet just might be the best finisher in the world. When we have Mutu, Del Piero and Zlatan at our disposal someone like that is more needed than Cassano.

b) Cassano's temper is something we need to include in the deal as well. Especially when we already have someone like Zlatan in our squad. We might be just able to handle one, but I'm afraid two will be too much. Cassano and Zlatan will disrupt our team harmony.

c) We'll never have Mutu, Del Piero, Zlatan and Cassano in the same squad. What are you going to do with four support strikers who are all world class? Three of those would be benched. Imagine Zlatan or Cassano being benched most of the time. It's not going to do us any good.

d) Following point c) it's logical that Del Piero would have to go. Replacing an icon like him won't be easy and quite frankly could cost us a lot of fans. At this point in time I hardly think we're ready for this changeover and I do believe Del Piero still has a part to play in our future.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
RochemBeck said:
Moggi has been a big fan of a lot of players, at least so he says through the media. But he doesn't relinquish his sanity and buy all the players he loves a la Massimo Moratti...that would be just ridiculous and thank God Moggi has some football sense. He will never himself buy players we absolutely don't need, however he will listen to the demands of Capello and that is why I made the statement you're referring to.

Good post Mark. We just don't fvcking need Cassano.
I agree in some part of the post..

But, this is something els, its an italian talent, its someone who will become something great, its a Moggi style of transfer, so I say this is more of a Moggi transfer then a Capello wish... anyway, i respect your opinion...

Whatever happends, lets hope its good for the TEAM.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)