The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (71 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SobatPadi

Apr 21, 2005
Roma coach Spalletti faces Cassano question
tribalfootball.com - August 28, 2005

AS Roma coach Luciano Spalletti admits Antonio Cassano has been affected by the fans' reaction last week.

The temperamental striker was linked with a move to Juventus this summer but with two days to go before the close of the transfer window, he is still training with the Giallorossi.

Cassano has so far turned down all offers made by the club for a new contract, with his current deal expiring in June 2006.

And the home fans have still not forgiven him as they showed earlier this week when the player was booed during the team's presentation ceremony.

"Cassano was very disappointed," said Spalletti.

"But he has to realise that he is the only one that can change their minds by changing his behaviour and proving that he has not only matured on the pitch but also off it."

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Spalletti shelves Cassano Sunday 28 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma are ready for “a battle” away to Reggina, but Antonio Cassano, Philippe Mexes and Olivier Dacourt represent a problem.

The two French internationals are not even making the trip down to Reggio Calabria for the Sunday afternoon tie due to injury, while Giuseppe Scurto and Gigi Sartor are suspended. Cassano is likely to be frozen out as a result of his contract dispute.

“I will only decide the starting eleven on Sunday morning,” insisted Coach Luciano Spalletti. “Antonio is a Roma player and our objective is to make the most of his extraordinary qualities. I hope to have him with me for the entire season, but I cannot say what will happen.”

There have been strong reports that the transfer deadline will see the Italian international move to Juventus in exchange for Adrian Mutu, Giorgio Chiellini and a cash sum.

“I have spoken to Antonio and he has his reasons, so everyone should come together and employ a little empathy. There are a few days to go still, but if nobody comes in for Cassano and he doesn’t sign a new contract, then the situation will change, as his status would become transitory.”

The Giallorossi have other matters to attend to, as Ivan Pelizzoli’s move to Reggina – their opponents this weekend – has left them short on shot-stoppers.

“I haven’t exactly requested another goalkeeper, but I do expect one,” confessed Spalletti. “With only Gianluca Curci and Pipolo in the squad, we need a third to complete the squad. As for our overall team status, I can’t say whether we are stronger or weaker than other sides. A lot will depend on our attitude in each individual game.”

Last season they suffered a shock defeat at the Stadio Granillo – one of the results that sent them spiralling towards the relegation zone – so to begin again in the same arena will give Francesco Totti and company the opportunity to prove those days are over.

“Reggina will attack us with pace and try to take advantage of defensive errors,” noted Spalletti. “Walter Mazzarri is an excellent Coach and he beat me last year when I was still at Udinese. We must be wary.”

Roma squad: Alvarez, Aquilani, Bovo, Cassano, Chivu, Cufré, Curci, De Rossi, Kharja, Kuffour, Mancini, Montella, Nonda, Panucci, Perrotta, Taddei, Totti, Pipolo, Rosi

source: channel4.com

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Gino! what is a word by word translation of this sentence on juventus.com? please.

Bentornati!
In occasione di Juventus - Chievo vi abbiamo preparato una bella sorpresa per cominciare con entusiasmo la nuova stagione

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Welcome Back!
For the Juve - Chievo occasion we have prepared for you a beautiful surprise to start the new season with enthusiasm.

I think they mean only a 'website' surprise not a team surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)