The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (257 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
Well it it will be interesting over the next 2-3 weeks...

Cassano and Mancini news....

Cassano, via libera per la Juve
Per arrivare al talento della Roma e a Panucci il club bianconero potrebbe cedere un big (Trezeguet). Ai giallorossi sarebbero offerti Chiellini e Miccoli
MILANO, 9 agosto 2005 - La sentenza del Tas libera Antonio Cassano. La partenza dell’attaccante della Roma era bloccata perché non c’erano trattative in cambio di una contropartita esclusivamente economica (solo così era possibile). Ora invece Cassano può partire. Ma per dove? L’offerta più seria poteva essere quella del Chelsea. S’è parlato di 16-17 milioni di euro pronti ad essere investiti da Roman Abramovich. Da Londra però non sono arrivate conferme e anche l’interessamento per un giocatore come Cassano viene messo in forte dubbio da chi conosce bene le strategie del club inglese. Anche l’ipotesi-Real Madrid, dopo qualche segnale lanciato tempo fa, non ha avuto seguito. È vero che a Florentino Perez il giocatore piace molto, ma di trattative non ne ha avviate: se fosse stato davvero interessato, il Real si sarebbe mosso con un’offerta (come spiegato) in solo denaro.
Le possibili destinazioni di Cassano restano dunque in Italia. I sondaggi di Inter e Milan sono da considerare una semplice ricerca di informazioni sulla posizione del giocatore. E basta. Le rispettive strategie di rafforzamento hanno preso un’altra piega e adesso i due club milanesi non sembrano avere l’intenzione (e ulteriori risorse economiche) per puntare su Cassano. No, la nuova squadra più probabile per lui (in caso di partenza da Roma) sembra essere la Juventus. Il management bianconero ha sempre negato un interessamento (l’ha fatto anche ieri Luciano Moggi), pur non nascondendo l’ammirazione per le sue qualità. È noto però che il suo primo sponsor è Fabio Capello, che lo vorrebbe anche subito; è pure noto che il romanista tornerebbe di corsa a lavorare con lui.
La Juve non ha mai imbastito una trattativa: sia perché ha un parco attaccanti ricchissimo, sia perché sa di poter prendere Cassano tra un anno a scadenza di contratto (le trattative per il rinnovo finora sono sempre naufragate). Perché dunque Cassano dovrebbe andare alla Juve? Perché le esigenze del club e quelle della Roma potrebbero convergere. La Juventus deve vendere i giocatori in esubero, deve incassare per coprire gli investimenti già fatti e deve completare la difesa (il k.o. di Birindelli e il ritorno in nazionale di Thuram hanno peggiorato la situazione). La Roma invece deve portare a casa denaro per dare ossigeno alle casse, deve cercare di non perdere Cassano a scadenza di contratto e deve anche rinforzarsi.
La chiave dell’affare potrebbe essere il sacrificio di un big della Juve (magari Trezeguet) che porterebbe il denaro necessario per sistemare il bilancio e presentare alla Roma una richiesta che, oltre a Cassano, potrebbe comprendere Panucci (altro pupillo di Capello). In cambio, la Juve potrebbe cedere giocatori che farebbero comodo alla Roma: di sicuro Chiellini (molto stimato dai giallorossi), poi Miccoli (o Mutu). Così le rispettive esigenze potrebbero essere soddisfatte. Ma non è semplice. Bisogna vedere se ci sono i tempi e la volontà di impostare una trattativa così complessa. In caso negativo, Cassano resterà a Roma (come ha sottolineato ieri Spalletti, che comunque oggi con la Juve lo terrà in panchina) in attesa di svincolarsi. Per la gioia di chi?

source:Gazzetta.it
The Gazetta article says that Cassano is on the cards for Juve. And the deal would involve Miccoli and Chillieni for Cassano and Panucci. It mentions Mutu as a possible alternative to Miccoli, but i doubt that would happen now, if it does, I'd be pissed with Capello. In addition, it also goes to state Trezeguet will be sold to fund the Cassano transfer. Zlatan - Cassano is a solid attacking line, but I wouldnt mind a Zlatan - Trez line either. Can we get over with this shit already? Its ****ing annoying.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
trezeguet being sold?
that doesnt look right unless moggi has a replacement in mind for him.
cassano-zlatan wont score too many games.
trezeguet being sold..
baros's name creeps into my mind again!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Lately La Gazzetta Dello Sport was a bit harsh with Juve and in love with Milan. Before they were well respected and fair.

I just learned that the person behind this paper is none other than Mr. Berlusconi himself. :rolleyes:

Rumours like this one about Cassano to Juve with Panucci; Selling Trez..... are completely ridiculous.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Oh please, the northern clubs have always had control of the media, dont make it out like Juve are being unfairly targeted ffs. its in about moderate between the 2, whilst every else is ****ed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Oh please, the northern clubs have always had control of the media, dont make it out like Juve are being unfairly targeted ffs. its in about moderate between the 2, whilst every else is ****ed.
Doesn't Roma have a half-ally in Corriere Della Sera or one of those Roman publications?

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Boss Fabio Capello has become the latest Juventus element to rule out a move for Antonio Cassano of Roma.

The youngster has been linked with the Turin giants seeing as his contract expires in the summer of 2006.

But Capello, who has worked with the talent in the past at the Stadio Olimpico, insists the attacker won’t be heading north.

"Cassano is doing well at Roma and he is happy with the Giallorossi," the Coach said after last night’s draw between the two sides.

Capital boss Luciano Spalletti was also quick to underline his intention to keep the enigma. "He can still improve but we believe in him here," he stated.

Turning to the 2-2 friendly draw, Capello maintained that he knew his men would struggle against his former club.

"My side showed the effects of yesterday’s tough day in training," he said. "Some of my players are in good form, others are still looking for it.

"But it was a good test in preparation for the championship against a side who I like the look of.

"I’m sure that we will be ready for when the season starts properly."

Spalletti, whose team looked as if they would win until a late Alex Del Piero penalty, was also smiling after the game.

"I’m happy as we played with desire and defended as a unit," he noted. "It was a good and intense game.

"We were up against an opponent who have shown themselves to be in good form already."

The former Udinese boss was also quizzed on possible new arrivals given that the club’s transfer ban has now been lifted.

"There are a few things to adjust," he commented. "We are short of options in certain areas but my players this evening proved to me that I can count on them."

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
Boss Fabio Capello has become the latest Juventus element to rule out a move for Antonio Cassano of Roma.

The youngster has been linked with the Turin giants seeing as his contract expires in the summer of 2006.

But Capello, who has worked with the talent in the past at the Stadio Olimpico, insists the attacker won’t be heading north.

"Cassano is doing well at Roma and he is happy with the Giallorossi," the Coach said after last night’s draw between the two sides.
Capital boss Luciano Spalletti was also quick to underline his intention to keep the enigma. "He can still improve but we believe in him here," he stated.

Turning to the 2-2 friendly draw, Capello maintained that he knew his men would struggle against his former club.

"My side showed the effects of yesterday’s tough day in training," he said. "Some of my players are in good form, others are still looking for it.

"But it was a good test in preparation for the championship against a side who I like the look of.

"I’m sure that we will be ready for when the season starts properly."

Spalletti, whose team looked as if they would win until a late Alex Del Piero penalty, was also smiling after the game.

"I’m happy as we played with desire and defended as a unit," he noted. "It was a good and intense game.

"We were up against an opponent who have shown themselves to be in good form already."

The former Udinese boss was also quizzed on possible new arrivals given that the club’s transfer ban has now been lifted.

"There are a few things to adjust," he commented. "We are short of options in certain areas but my players this evening proved to me that I can count on them."
where is the denying .:confused:....he just said ..he is happy he is doing well ....:D...Channel4 sucks :D we have 3w before this thread closed

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
A few pages ago comment was made that mercato closes 31st August. The date it closes is infact 30th August. It is closed on the Wednesday.

So, just 20 days to go before it all unravels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 257)