The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (295 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
milans attacking options are already ridiculously top heavy, cassano, kaka, gilardino, vieri, shevchenko, ronaldo and inzaghi......now that truly would be idiocy!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
I don't get it. How will they fit Shevchenko, Gilardino, Kaka and Cassano in the same team?
Dida

Cafu - Nest - Stam - Maldini

Gattuso - Pirlo

Kaka

Shevchenko - Gilardino - Cassano

If Ancelotti becomes mad. The above would be one hell of a strike force though, and if Cassano drops back into midfield a little it could work out.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Dida

Cafu - Nest - Stam - Maldini

Gattuso - Pirlo

Kaka

Shevchenko - Gilardino - Cassano

If Ancelotti becomes mad. The above would be one hell of a strike force though, and if Cassano drops back into midfield a little it could work out.

Don't you think there is some lack of balance in this formation? I see it too much offensive and lacks a backbone. Milan suffered from this last year, it was seen in the return game against PSV and in those crazy 6 minutes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Don't you think there is some lack of balance in this formation? I see it too much offensive and lacks a backbone. Milan suffered from this last year, it was seen in the return game against PSV and in those crazy 6 minutes.
Of course I do. ;) This would be complete madness if Ancelotti decides to field something like this, however this formation is no different than the Ajax team of 2003 when they reached the Semifinals of the CL IIRC.

The flanks could be exposed in this formation, however in a way the flanks are no less secure than they were last year with Milan's tactics. The two defensive midfielders Pirlo and Gattuso would basically hold to become the defensive shield, while Kaka would make runs out right to take the space Shevchenko left to cut inside. Cassano would run along the left flank like he does with Roma, almost playing like a true winger. Come to think of it the only weakness I see in this formation is on the flanks, which we exposed last term at the San Siro. Could work.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Of course I do. ;) This would be complete madness if Ancelotti decides to field something like this, however this formation is no different than the Ajax team of 2003 when they reached the Semifinals of the CL IIRC.

The flanks could be exposed in this formation, however in a way the flanks are no less secure than they were last year with Milan's tactics. The two defensive midfielders Pirlo and Gattuso would basically hold to become the defensive shield, while Kaka would make runs out right to take the space Shevchenko left to cut inside. Cassano would run along the left flank like he does with Roma, almost playing like a true winger. Come to think of it the only weakness I see in this formation is on the flanks, which we exposed last term at the San Siro. Could work.
The addition of Jankulovski to the team fixed Milan's biggest problem of last season, exposure on the flanks. Buying Cassano and playing with the formation you suggested definitely makes that problem worse.

At a certain point during the game, I see such a squad relying on long balls actually. The defense and Attack can be easily isolated, this is another flaw with it.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I'm curious to find out how Ancelotti will fit Jankulovski in the team. I'm assuming Maldini goes back to his partnership with Nesta, and Stam will have to sit on the bench. Another option would be Jankulovski replacing Seedorf, but the Ancelotti system requires attacking fullbacks and three central midfielders, and not wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 293)