The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (307 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
duff will leave imo. if not this summer then in january. simply no place for him. even with rotation.
IMO Duff is a better player than Joe Cole. Mourinho would do well to play a 4-2-3-1 and rotate SWP, Cole, Gudjohnsen, Duff and Robben behind Drogba or Crespo. If I found myself in Jose's shoes I would play something like this:

Cech
Gallas - Carvalho - Terry - Del Horno
Makelele - Lampard
SWP/Cole/Robben/Duff - Gudjohnsen/Cole/Robben - Robben/Duff/Cole
Drogba/Crespo

They don't need Cassano but neither do we.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cafu calls Cassano to Milan Saturday 6 August, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos Cafu has revived his career since joining Milan and now claims former teammates Antonio Cassano and Ronaldo should follow suit.

“I would be happy to see Cassano in a Rossoneri jersey,” smiled the ex-Roma hero. “He is a great player and perhaps having success so young made him a difficult character to deal with, but he remains a brilliant creative force who can start deep and score goals. With the club structure we have here, he’d learn to become a legend.”

Milan have been among the clubs linked to a swoop for the troubled youngster, whose contract expires with Roma in 2006. Juventus, Real Madrid and Chelsea are the other options, though a sale is unlikely unless FIFA’s transfer embargo is lifted.

The Giallorossi’s appeal against that decision – imposed after the contentious Philippe Mexes move from Auxerre – will be answered by the TAS tribunal on Monday. Meanwhile, Cafu reveals that Cassano isn’t the only player interested in San Siro affairs.

“Ronaldo always asks me about Milan and what’s happening here. I think it’s because there are so many of us Brazilians in the side, but he is interested in our progress.”

There had been rumours of a shock move back to Serie A for Inter’s arch rivals, but Il Fenomeno is staying with Real Madrid for the moment.

Cafu has been on scintillating form so far this summer and regularly thrashed his younger opponents for pace despite turning 35 in June.

“My children keep me active, that’s the secret of my fitness,” he joked. “The whole team has prepared well for this new campaign and seeing the likes of Paolo Maldini and Billy Costacurta really spurs you on to work harder. There is time to renegotiate my contract, but I was pleased the club assured me they were more than happy with my performance. It would be nice to conclude my career at Milan.”

There are nonetheless reports that his heir in the Seleçao will also take that role at club level – the Rossoneri are tracking starlet Cicinho.

“He did very well in the Confederations Cup with Brazil and is also impressing with San Paolo,” noted Cafu. “Cicinho is one to watch and certainly able to compete at the highest level in Europe.”

source: channel4.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 307)