The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (312 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
Milan get back in to Gila race Sunday 26 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Gilardino’s move to Milan could still be on after all, explains Vice-President Adriano Galliani, though Chelsea’s competition remains.

This week patron Silvio Berlusconi told journalists that he believed Parma’s new owners would keep hold of their top scorer, even if someone were to meet his £25m price-tag.

“It is true that Gilardino is too expensive right now, but Berlusconi does not know for sure that the new Tardini owners are against his sale altogether,” pointed out Galliani. “All he was talking about was a hunch rather than any insider information.”

This means that the door is still open for developments in this on-going transfer saga. Gilardino and his agent have made it perfectly clear for some months now that his preferred destination is Milan – this could prove decisive.

While Chelsea are distracted by the chance of signing Juve’s David Trezeguet or even Atletico Madrid starlet Fernando Torres, the Rossoneri will continue to whittle down the difference between asking price and offer.

They cannot afford to wait around, however, as Hernan Crespo is increasingly likely to be recalled by Chelsea and Pippo Inzaghi’s injury worries mean he cannot be relied upon to take the strain of an entire season.

Italian newspaper ‘Corriere dello Sport-Stadio’ claims this morning that Milan are instead turning their attention towards Antonio Cassano and have offered cash plus Christian Abbiati and Jon Dahl Tomasson to seal the £13m deal, but it’s believed that if Berlusconi is to bring in one major new signing it will be Gilardino.

Bastards :( i hope they get none of the two and lose crespo

JuveBR

Jun 26, 2005
If Juve sign Cassano, the team will be with 5 Forwards: Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Mutu, Del Piero and Cassano.

Only two of them will be in the squad. So, that's the question: Who?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuveBR ] ++
If Juve sign Cassano, the team will be with 5 Forwards: Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Mutu, Del Piero and Cassano.

Only two of them will be in the squad. So, that's the question: Who?

Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic arent exactly forwards.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
They wont go for cassano. they're trying it to make it harder for us to get him seeing as they are in a same situation as us with gila. Wouldnt suprise me if the deal for cassano has already been sealed, like he says its just a matter of time to get money in from supposedly the sale of our players.
Also I think that the reason why its going on a bit is cos it could not just be cassano coming to turin but maybe either chivu/mancini so its that could be why its taking longer.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
To me its quite a hard pick. :) It should be considered: How much better is Cassano than Mutu and how much better is Gilardino than Trezeguet.

People want Mutu for sentimental reasons, I want Cassano for such reasons. He soooo needs go leave Roma and come to Juventus, it would save he's whole career. Its like the link I just posted, I feel so bad for him when stuff like that happens to him. :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why would we of all people meet the asking price for Gila, when we are well covered in that position. Trezeguet will not be sold to Chelsea, because really that will start of a hunt to cover a position, we shouldnt really be bothered about, that being of the centre forward. The only ones that we should worry about are in midfield and on the right of defense. Everything else is a bonus, not to mention surplus.

PS: However, given our more than likely purchase of Cassano, Id have to say Gila isnt going to be on our agenda. Besides, Id much rather retain Trezeguet's proven prowess on the big stage.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Gila isnt an unknown player,
its obvius he is one of the best Italian players,
he has great future,
Treze if he doesnt get injured might equaly or evenslighty better than him but his profile as a player has 2-3more years of Juve material play,
if we keep him one more year and he will get injured again he will be useless as a player and as a profitable sale deal,
Treze has more risks than Gila,we have no other finisher,
we NEED one man to score, more reliable than Treze,
Gila is an option we might not have in the transfer market 2-3years later,

as a club(moneywise) we sould sell one big star once in a while like DP/Treze/Neddy/Emo/Zambro/Buffon/Canna,
because we will have great damages if we buy stars and keep them all till they retire.

As an attacker Treze will bring in good money,
he is considered still young,we can get much,
he isnt our fitest player,
our team doesnt depend on him, as it depends on others
and we can find someone to replace him easier than others

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Parma wont refuse a higher offer, than the one we did to Roma, for Cassano(Mutu+16mil)
and if we give Blasi or Zala too they would be v.pleased,

we sould get atleast 20mil from Chelsea for Treze

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
To me its quite a hard pick. :) It should be considered: How much better is Cassano than Mutu and how much better is Gilardino than Trezeguet.

People want Mutu for sentimental reasons, I want Cassano for such reasons. He soooo needs go leave Roma and come to Juventus, it would save he's whole career. Its like the link I just posted, I feel so bad for him when stuff like that happens to him. :)

word :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 312)