The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (57 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Why Del Neri axed Cassano… Tuesday 2 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An angry Gigi Del Neri has dropped Antonio Cassano because he claims Roma don’t need him.

"He’s not required," said the tactician on the eve of Wednesday’s Champions’ League game against Bayer Leverkusen.

"He isn’t the best player here and for the time being he can stay at home. He’s not been included for tactical reasons and I, as the Coach, have the right to do that.

"For the time being Francesco Totti and Vincenzo Montella are my strikers. Why? Because one has scored eight goals, the other six."

However, the real reason why Cassano has been frozen out seems to be because of an alleged bust-up between the two men on Sunday.

"You journalists say that he is a resource for Roma but that has yet to be proved," replied Del Neri as the media continued with their Cassano questions.

But couldn’t he be of some use even on the bench? "No, not at this present time," explained the former Chievo man.

The tactician was then asked whether he would be meeting with the Sensi family, who own the club, to discuss the Cassano situation.

"Why? I am the Coach and I have the right to make these types of decisions," he answered. "Now this just doesn’t interest me.

"I can’t hold a press conference for the match and one for Cassano. I now want to talk about the Champions’ League game or I could just get up and leave."

Cassano isn’t the only player to be at odds with Del Neri after the tactician clashed with Christian Panucci.

The right-back, who is suspended for tomorrow’s game, has been left out of the side recently after falling out with the boss.

And Del Neri has today announced that Panucci won’t play at Milan on Sunday in Serie A either.

-----------------------

Nice :D

C'mon Cassano... Join us!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, I cant see him staying in Roma. Del Neri has effectivly said that the club doesnt need him, and IMO Cassano wont like thet one bit. He's not signing a new contract with Roma, and Moggi knows that. Thats why he keeps stating that he would buy him. WHy should Cassano take Del Neri's shit (I'm talking from his point of view BTW), whe half of the free world wants him.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Next year's strikeforce could be looking killer!

Mutu (free transfer) Cassano (cheap) Zlatan and Zalayeta/Miccoli

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Next year's strikeforce could be looking killer!

Mutu (free transfer) Cassano (cheap) Zlatan and Zalayeta/Miccoli
Paolo, are you serious? Mutu (cocaine)...Cassano(unproffesional, indiscipline)...maybe we can convince Paul Gascoine to be back with us and bring some liquor to complete the team......

BTW, Cassano will not be cheap, i tell you....

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
from Eurosport: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6885/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6885_sto653872.shtml

Roma ditch Cassano for Bayer clash

Roma striker Antonio Cassano, reported to have clashed with coach Luigi Del Neri, has been dropped for Wednesday's Champions League game with Bayer Leverkusen. Follow Matchday 4 LIVE on eurosport.com from 18:30CET on Tuesday and 20:45CET on Wednesday.

Cassano, considered the brightest young talent in Italian football but also one of the most difficult to handle, was not named among the Roma players called up for the Group B match.

"I am not interested in talking about Cassano," Del Neri told Italian media on Tuesday, "Cassano is not needed and is at home.

"We will play with two strikers and that is it. Today it is like that, tomorrow we will see," added the Roma coach who said Vincenzo Montella would partner captain Francesco Totti in attack.

Cassano, who has had disputes with several coaches during his career, was substituted at half time in Roma's 5-1 win over Cagliari on Sunday and several reports said he had insulted Del Neri during the interval.

Del Neri has denied there was any row but at a press conference on Tuesday he reacted angrily to journalists who probed the motives for his decision not to even include Cassano among the substitutes.

"Totti and Montella are the Roma strikers at the moment. Do I need to explain why? One has scored eight goals, the other six. At this moment Cassano is at home. That is a fact. I am the coach not a club director," he said.

'IT'S MY RIGHT NOT TO PICK CASSANO'

Often in Italy matters relating to internal discipline are handled by the club's directors or management rather than coaching staff but Del Neri said: "It is my right not to pick Cassano. If Cassano scores goals he is better than the others. If he doesn't score then he isn't. No one says that he is superior."

The match at the Olympic stadium will be played behind closed doors after a UEFA ban was imposed on Roma following trouble at their opening group game against Dynamo Kiev.

Referee Anders Frisk was struck by an object thrown from the crowd and Roma's next home match against Real Madrid will also be without spectators.

Roma are bottom of Group B and without a point after losing the opening three matches.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
look at this:

Roma transfer chief resigns
Tuesday 2 November, 2004

The Giallorossi are again in the headlines with official confirmation that director of sport Franco Baldini’s resignation was rejected.

“AS Roma,” read a statement on the club website, “and its President Franco Sensi rejected director of sport Franco Baldini’s offer of resignation in respect of his professionalism, the fine work he has done and the contribution to the growth of this club.”

This is another bolt from the blue for the troubled Capital side, which is already in chaos following the row with Antonio Cassano.

The reasons behind Baldini’s shock gesture are as yet unknown, but he is essentially responsible for the day to day running of the club, as well as their transfer chief.

Baldini has been heavily involved in contract renegotiations with Cassano’s agent and this could perhaps be a key element in his offer of resignation.

Whatever the reason, this move has only further increased the growing sense of uncertainty at Roma.

It is not the best way to prepare for this coming Sunday’s crunch match with Milan at the San Siro.

channel4.com

:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The end of Cassano’s AS Roma career appears closer than ever following the shocking statements made by the Giallorossi’s coach Luigi Delneri in today’s press-conference.
“We don’t need Cassano now, and for this reason he is staying at home. We are playing with only two forwards and that’s it. Today is like this, tomorrow let’s see,” Delneri said in response to a journalist, who had asked the former Chievo boss why he dropped Cassano for tomorrow night’s Champions League clash aginst Bayer Leverkusen.

When another journalist asked him whether he was depriving the team of an enormous added value, Delneri added even more spice to the row.

“It remains to be seen whether Cassano is a resource for this team. In this moment we are playing with two strikers. One that has scored eight goals (Montella), and the other six (Totti). If Cassano scores more goals, he is better than the others, if he doesn’t he is not better than the others. I am a coach, not a club director. It’s a technical decision on my behalf. Now I don’t want to talk about Cassano any longer. Each time I can’t have a Cassano press-conference when I’m supposed to be doing a match press-conference,” he said.

Delneri’s decision to leave Cassano out of the squad once again appears to have its roots in the Bari-born player’s antics during the break of last Sunday’s Roma-Cagliari match.

“I play how I want to play. If you can take it fine, if not, I can’t do anything about it. You don’t count anything, you are not a man, and I’m used to talking with men,” are the words that Cassano reportedly told the coach at halftime.
In response to this, Delneri told Cassano to take a shower, and Montella came on for Roma’s ‘Peter Pan’ in the second half.

Roma ended up winning the match 5-1, with Montella scoring a late pair of goals.

------------------------------

And you want this guy playing for Juve eh?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Petrovich ] ++

What evidence do you have to differ? I'm not sure if you remember last season, but his behavior was fairly good from last March on through the summer.
do u always rebutt with "What evidence do you have to differ?" :wth: i wasnt even differing you yet.. i want to hear why u think Capello can control Cassano first. coz as far as i know Cassano has bad relationship with all his coaches.. Bari, Italy U21, .. and even with Capello at Roma...its not once or twice he run off from training ground even under Capello's reaign... and now suddenly people say they can work happily together? i want to know why... coz in my opinion, i have no doubt that they both cants stand each other...

i want to hear things that say his behaviour is really GOOD..not just NOT BAD...

Petrovich

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

do u always rebutt with "What evidence do you have to differ?" :wth: i wasnt even differing you yet.. i want to hear why u think Capello can control Cassano first. coz as far as i know Cassano has bad relationship with all his coaches.. Bari, Italy U21, .. and even with Capello at Roma...its not once or twice he run off from training ground even under Capello's reaign... and now suddenly people say they can work happily together? i want to know why... coz in my opinion, i have no doubt that they both cants stand each other...

i want to hear things that say his behaviour is really GOOD..not just NOT BAD...
How many times do I have to say it? Just look at the Roman enviornment; the lack of a good Captain, the resignation of a chief officer, the unruly fans, and the multiple number of coaches Cassano has had in the past year. He might have walked off the training pitch a few times last season, but his form under Capello was nothing less than world class. If you think his behavior at Juventus would be worse than his Roma days you obviously no nothing about management.

Petrovich

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Paolo, are you serious? Mutu (cocaine)...Cassano(unproffesional, indiscipline)...maybe we can convince Paul Gascoine to be back with us and bring some liquor to complete the team......

BTW, Cassano will not be cheap, i tell you....
Or you can just keep the overrated Del Piero in the sqaud for the next 5 years. :rolleyes: Sounds like something you'd be all for.

Oct 29, 2004
cmon on now dnt go over the top u keep our captain out of this one, cassano isnt capable of even cleaning del pieros boots. In respect of your actual argument there was an article on channel4.com while rudi voller was in charge, where totti himself was saying that the reason cassano was out of control was because capello allowed him privelages, totti blamed capello for cassanos attitude. this means things were never rosey with cassano

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Petrovich ] ++

How many times do I have to say it? Just look at the Roman enviornment; the lack of a good Captain, the resignation of a chief officer, the unruly fans, and the multiple number of coaches Cassano has had in the past year. He might have walked off the training pitch a few times last season, but his form under Capello was nothing less than world class. If you think his behavior at Juventus would be worse than his Roma days you obviously no nothing about management.
:wallbang:

ok i looked and agree that AS Roma football club seems to have a lot of problem. But hows that have anything to back your statement that Capello have control over Cassano last season? that is my simple question .... i want to know how u came to that conclusion...anyarticle or interview where cassano says how he adores fabio capello?.. any pic showing they hug each other like father and son?..

you see.. i think u confused between having a good form and having a good bevaiour. there is no denying antonio cassano is one the most talented italian out there right now.. but the issue here is he have a destructive behaviour... he cant be under control..... ask gentile, voller, del neri....i am sure capello also would answer the same as well.... the only way you can make things work with cassano is if u let him do anything he wants....the question is would u accept that situation at JUventus.?..IMO he is an extra headache we dont need...

what make u thinks u know a lot football management anyway...are u by any chance a profesional football manager urself? ;)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
At least Del Neri is being a man and putting his foot down. Send him to Lazio I say!! Cassano that is...

Petrovich

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

:wallbang:

ok i looked and agree that AS Roma football club seems to have a lot of problem. But hows that have anything to back your statement that Capello have control over Cassano last season? that is my simple question .... i want to know how u came to that conclusion...anyarticle or interview where cassano says how he adores fabio capello?.. any pic showing they hug each other like father and son?..

you see.. i think u confused between having a good form and having a good bevaiour. there is no denying antonio cassano is one the most talented italian out there right now.. but the issue here is he have a destructive behaviour... he cant be under control..... ask gentile, voller, del neri....i am sure capello also would answer the same as well.... the only way you can make things work with cassano is if u let him do anything he wants....the question is would u accept that situation at JUventus.?..IMO he is an extra headache we dont need...

what make u thinks u know a lot football management anyway...are u by any chance a profesional football manager urself? ;)
Actually I am a coach of a club here in the U.S., but there's no point in revealing which at this moment.

There's a saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks; but at 22, this doesn't apply to Cassano. The balance between freedom and control is crucial to some player's careers, and Cassano needs more of the former than anything else. But at Roma last year, Capello was able to give Cassano enough freedom to inspire top performances from Antonio, while keeping the "team" entity in check. If any footballing duo can control unruly players, its Moggi and Capello.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
The end of Cassano’s AS Roma career appears closer than ever following the shocking statements made by the Giallorossi’s coach Luigi Delneri in today’s press-conference.
Thread's merged

The two threads were not that different and didn't IMO offer uniquely independent discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)