The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (248 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Well I was only comparing to Juve :D

The biggest club, with the biggest fanbase and the drug scandels and unloyal fans isnt that classy now is it? :)

But yeah ok so Roma arent THAT classy :dielaugh:
It has nothing to do with the fans IMO. Its about how the Club acts, and what is carried out by the Officials and the players. The fans are only subsidary. But if you go there, the Roma fans aren't class. All they do is complain and ***** about how they always get screwed over, especially by "Rubentus" as they call it. I'm afraid that the only person doing the screwing is their beloved fat ass Sensi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
If the club loses and there was a refereeing decision that went against you, it is the classy thing to say that "We don't comment on the referee's decisions", ala Juventus, or "that decision was a major factor, but we did not do enough over 90 minutes to win this match", ala 75% of top flight coaches. To come out and say the league is conspiring to send Roma to Serie B becuase the ref failed to award us a penalty" or "Football is entirely fixed, Juve and Milan are the mafia" ala Sensi, is NO CLASS.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
If the club loses and there was a refereeing decision that went against you, it is the classy thing to say that "We don't comment on the referee's decisions", ala Juventus, or "that decision was a major factor, but we did not do enough over 90 minutes to win this match", ala 75% of top flight coaches. To come out and say the league is conspiring to send Roma to Serie B becuase the ref failed to award us a penalty" or "Football is entirely fixed, Juve and Milan are the mafia" ala Sensi, is NO CLASS.
True. I wonder though how Roma would react if Uefa decides to throw them out or even give them 5-0. Both solutions would forge the competition IMO and I doubt they can just do that because that would mean Roma would miss out on a lot of money and I think Roma would take it to court. Anyway throwing out Roma would be a disgrace, because they would forge the competition and it's ridiculous to hold a club responsable for EVERY fan. The guy threw a coin FFS. What does Roma have to do? Ban coins?

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

True. I wonder though how Roma would react if Uefa decides to throw them out or even give them 5-0. Both solutions would forge the competition IMO and I doubt they can just do that because that would mean Roma would miss out on a lot of money and I think Roma would take it to court. Anyway throwing out Roma would be a disgrace, because they would forge the competition and it's ridiculous to hold a club responsable for EVERY fan. The guy threw a coin FFS. What does Roma have to do? Ban coins?
even if i hate roma, i agree, its not there foult that they have MONSTER fans...!

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Quite right. Even with the best security in the world, there is no way to stop an individual fan from throwing a lighter or coin on to the field. UEFA should recognize this. But the fans tend to believe what the club says, and when Sensi tells his supporters that there is a conspiracy to dismantle AS Roma, it is like throwing gasoline on the fire.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
UEFA punishment to Roma is not just for the Frisk incident, but for accumulation of incidents....remember the riots in Roma-Galatasaray in Istambul?...remember Milan-Roma game last season? It seems like there is something wrong with the attitude of Roma fans...but there is also something wrong with the attitude of Roma directives....

Its sad even for us, juve fans, because, at the end, also affects serie A and italian calcio in general.....

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
The difference between Nesta with Lazio and Del Piero with Juventus is that Nesta was the best player on that team, and Del Piero is not the best player in Juventus. The symbol of Juventus is our badge, not Del Piero. He's just a player.
Well said.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
remember the riots in Roma-Galatasaray in Istambul?...
I remember those riots: no galatasay players were punished (or at least they weren't punished equally) and Totti was suspended for a couple of games for "being the captain". Now that's just not fair and IMO Roma's right to say Uefa wanted to get them in that case. Or is just a coincidence that Totti happens to be their best player as well?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Because Roma are a classy club and Rome is a classy city. And because (as I have witnessed in first hand experience being a Chelsea fan) its way cooler to support a team that kinda sucks and dosent win much, winning something once in a while making it very special than to support the biggest club in the country with fans everywhere who win all the time.
That`s the goal in this game to win matches and win titles not being a mid table club and the thing that we win all the time that is not the reason why we are cheering for them thats just make us happier but its not the reason!
and I don`t see anything wrong with us winning all the time! It`s not that we already know that we are going to win we know we are favourites (most of the years and I think that this year too) but no one assures us a title win!
and I didn`t say it`s a bad thing to be an other supporter! I said that being a Roma fan is a stupid choice because they always blame others instead of looking for themselves (blaming referees in case you didn`t get what I ment) and they have a disgusting president Sensi who always blame Juve for everything just because they win! that is the purpose of this game to win! and to blame us for things like they get a hand from referees drugs and all of this just because we are winning is not mature!
and the last thing are the fans who throws coins or a lighter or things like that on referees just because he made a descison against your team isn`t a reason for doing that to a referee! not forgetting the Galatasaray riot and I think there was something with Leeds but on that I`m not too sure about that!

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++

That`s the goal in this game to win matches and win titles not being a mid table club and the thing that we win all the time that is not the reason why we are cheering for them thats just make us happier but its not the reason!
and I don`t see anything wrong with us winning all the time! It`s not that we already know that we are going to win we know we are favourites (most of the years and I think that this year too) but no one assures us a title win!
and I didn`t say it`s a bad thing to be an other supporter! I said that being a Roma fan is a stupid choice because they always blame others instead of looking for themselves (blaming referees in case you didn`t get what I ment) and they have a disgusting president Sensi who always blame Juve for everything just because they win! that is the purpose of this game to win! and to blame us for things like they get a hand from referees drugs and all of this just because we are winning is not mature!
and the last thing are the fans who throws coins or a lighter or things like that on referees just because he made a descison against your team isn`t a reason for doing that to a referee! not forgetting the Galatasaray riot and I think there was something with Leeds but on that I`m not too sure about that!
First of all i never said anything about any of that :D I was just saying that it is 'cooler' to support smaller teams and you will also be taken more seriously.
All this is irrelevent to me however as I support my local club and i think everyone should support their local club. Seems silly to say live in London and support Manchester United etc. And I know alot of you dudes support Juve and arent from Italy, I cant say I understand that. How did you pick Juve? You picked them because they are good, and successful. You didnt pick them because they have a nice chairman and good fans :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

First of all i never said anything about any of that :D I was just saying that it is 'cooler' to support smaller teams and you will also be taken more seriously.
All this is irrelevent to me however as I support my local club and i think everyone should support their local club. Seems silly to say live in London and support Manchester United etc. And I know alot of you dudes support Juve and arent from Italy, I cant say I understand that. How did you pick Juve? You picked them because they are good, and successful. You didnt pick them because they have a nice chairman and good fans :rolleyes:
Who the hell am I gonna support River? DC United????

Well I do, but its not as fun as supporting a European side. :D

But theres no reason to bring location into this River. :)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I picked Juve not knowing if they were good or bad. Most of the Italian immigrants I grew up around were from Southern Italy and loved Juventus. In the USA as a child, all I knew of Italian football was the name Juventus and the names of the players, but I had no idea if they ever won. Juve, to me, was a symbol of Italy, so Juve became my club. When I became a member of the Juventus supporters club, Juve had not won anything in something close to a decade, as I recall, but we then started our winning era under Lippi. So results had nothing to do with it.

Now, I know that River and Incubo came here thinking that all Juve fans were just in it for the titles, but as you have found out in hundreds of cases, the people here are truly passionate about Juventus and will love this club no matter how little we win and no matter which players come or go.

River, you like Chelsea - no longer a small club. In England, my club of choice is Wolverhampton. Wolves are in your Second division, so I guess YOU are the one is uncool, you little vixen, you :cool:

River

Jun 15, 2004
It was in relation to this:
I said that being a Roma fan is a stupid choice because they always blame others instead of looking for themselves (blaming referees in case you didn`t get what I ment) and they have a disgusting president Sensi who always blame Juve for everything just because they win!
So why did you choose to support Juve?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I picked Juve not knowing if they were good or bad. Most of the Italian immigrants I grew up around were from Southern Italy and loved Juventus. In the USA as a child, all I knew of Italian football was the name Juventus and the names of the players, but I had no idea if they ever won. Juve, to me, was a symbol of Italy, so Juve became my club. When I became a member of the Juventus supporters club, Juve had not won anything in something close to a decade, as I recall, but we then started our winning era under Lippi. So results had nothing to do with it.

Now, I know that River and Incubo came here thinking that all Juve fans were just in it for the titles, but as you have found out in hundreds of cases, the people here are truly passionate about Juventus and will love this club no matter how little we win and no matter which players come or go.

River, you like Chelsea - no longer a small club. In England, my club of choice is Wolverhampton. Wolves are in your Second division, so I guess YOU are the one is uncool, you little vixen, you :cool:
I discovered Juventus from my two favoirte players of the 90's, Robby Baggio and Zinedine Zidane. In '98 I really enjoyed watching Zidane play, and I wanted to know more about him. I heard he played for a team called "Juventus", and that rang a bell in my head because I remember Baggio played for a club that sounded like that. I didn't know if Juve was a good team though or anything about them, but I started to become a fan. Later I found out, obviously, that they are one of the best sides in the World. If Zidane was playing for another side back then, I wouldn't be here on this Forum today.

River

Jun 15, 2004

Sure but how many fans here really have your story? Its just rich to see people slam supporting Roma when they support Juve for no apparent reason.

Yes no longer a small club. Ive said many times how I find it embarassing to support them now. Chelsea are now like Juve. With LOADS of people remembering they support Chelsea. Much like 70% of Juve fans. They choose Chelsea for success. Most of you guys did the same. So therefore I consider these Roma fans who are loyal to their own club to have alot more class thats all.

And no I didnt choose Chelsea. They literally are my 'local' club.

Anyways later, im off to Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 248)