The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (297 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Garrone: 'Why I can't forgive Cassano'
Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone has broken his silence to explain why he won’t forgive Antonio Cassano. “Gigi Del Neri was right.”

The patron started proceedings to have his contract terminated after a furious row over Cassano’s refusal to attend an awards ceremony last week.

While the player has repeatedly made public appeals for forgiveness, President Garrone stayed silent until this interview with Striscia La Notizia.

“Cassano used words that were too harsh and what he did was too serious,” said the patron.

"Take into account all I did for him. It hurt to realise he recognised my authority, but nothing else.

Garrone also revealed former Sampdoria Coach Del Neri saw this coming, just as he had when working with FantAntonio at Roma.

“Del Neri was right, as one day he said Cassano would use the same tone with me that he had with Roma President Franco Sensi and the President of Real Madrid.

“Antonio improved so much with us and had become almost normal, if you can even use that term.

“Antonio is a good and generous person, but when he loses his temper he really cannot control himself.

“I don’t even know if he realises what he said to me when he had that explosion of rage.

"My great regret is that he was happy with us. Last night I walked the streets of Genoa and not a single Sampdoria fan asked me to make peace with Cassano."

http://www.football-italia.net/nov04q.html

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Please. This is all bullshit so he has an excuse to sell Cassano.
He should sell Cassano into the sex slave trade. He will end up in south east Asia where his temper tantrums and bitch attitude won’t fly.

Plus you know the clientele will buy into the old adage about how "italians do it better"

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I agree with Garrone 100%. Cassano had many chances to redeem himself but he keeps blowing it all up, he isn't a kid and should have known better. It's about time somebody taught him a tough lesson, he can't keep insulting people and then by saying sorry or whatever things would be just as it was before. If any of us insult our boss at work we would be fired probably right away. Cassano has only himself to blame and good luck of him restoring his image in another life, because he has no chance in hell restoring it in this one

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If he wants to sell Cassano then he wouldn't tell the whole world how impossible he is.
Like that's some sort of shocking revelation. Plus, maybe he's already sold him (to us!).

But just read his quotes. "Last night I walked the streets of Genoa and not a single Sampdoria fan asked me to make peace with Cassano."

LOL. He's trying to make it seem like he's completely justified in not forgiving Cassano (maybe he is anyway, maybe he isn't) but when you come out into the media like this and start saying how you can't forgive him and the fans don't want you to, blah blah blah.

He's definitely trying to make it sound like the relationship is irreconcilable and the only alternative is to... fill in the blank.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Like that's some sort of shocking revelation. Plus, maybe he's already sold him (to us!).

But just read his quotes. "Last night I walked the streets of Genoa and not a single Sampdoria fan asked me to make peace with Cassano."

LOL. He's trying to make it seem like he's completely justified in not forgiving Cassano (maybe he is anyway, maybe he isn't) but when you come out into the media like this and start saying how you can't forgive him and the fans don't want you to, blah blah blah.

He's definitely trying to make it sound like the relationship is irreconcilable and the only alternative is to... fill in the blank.
You might have a point here, Cassano is already gone and he's trying to justify it in one way or another.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Garrone: 'Why I can't forgive Cassano'
Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone has broken his silence to explain why he won’t forgive Antonio Cassano. “Gigi Del Neri was right.”

The patron started proceedings to have his contract terminated after a furious row over Cassano’s refusal to attend an awards ceremony last week.

While the player has repeatedly made public appeals for forgiveness, President Garrone stayed silent until this interview with Striscia La Notizia.

“Cassano used words that were too harsh and what he did was too serious,” said the patron.

"Take into account all I did for him. It hurt to realise he recognised my authority, but nothing else.

Garrone also revealed former Sampdoria Coach Del Neri saw this coming, just as he had when working with FantAntonio at Roma.

“Del Neri was right, as one day he said Cassano would use the same tone with me that he had with Roma President Franco Sensi and the President of Real Madrid.

“Antonio improved so much with us and had become almost normal, if you can even use that term.

“Antonio is a good and generous person, but when he loses his temper he really cannot control himself.

“I don’t even know if he realises what he said to me when he had that explosion of rage.

"My great regret is that he was happy with us. Last night I walked the streets of Genoa and not a single Sampdoria fan asked me to make peace with Cassano."

http://www.football-italia.net/nov04q.html

Gold :lol:

Yeah it doesn't like Cassano is coming anywhere close to Turin. I mean, Del Neri said that? You people expect Cassano to come to Juve after Del Neri said THAT?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Isn't it still top four for this season?
I doubt, Germans are leading with 7 points, if not more..

1 England 16.625 17.875 15.000 17.928 8.357 75.785 6/ 7
2 Spain 19.000 13.875 13.312 17.928 6.642 70.757 7/ 7
3 Germany 9.500 13.500 12.687 18.083 8.000 61.770 6/ 6
4 Italy 11.928 10.250 11.375 15.428 6.285 55.266 7/ 7
5 France 10.000 6.928 11.000 15.000 6.083 49.011 5/ 6​

Before today's matches

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If he's as much of a uncontrollable dick as they say he is, I would've done the same.
Why have someone who's lower than you talk to you that way? He needs to learn but he's getting too old to do so. I'd like Inter to buy him as a Sneijder replacement :lol:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Gold :lol:

Yeah it doesn't like Cassano is coming anywhere close to Turin. I mean, Del Neri said that? You people expect Cassano to come to Juve after Del Neri said THAT?
A little context would certainly be important for that Delneri comment. We have no idea about the timing of it, if Garrone is actually legitimately paraphrasing Delneri, or if it's just Garrone poorly paraphrasing a past exchange in an effort to make Cassano look bad, while creating distance (tension) between Cassano and Juve's hierarchy.

I'll agree that signs don't point to a Cassano arrival right now, but I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in Garrone either. I think he's made quite a hash of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 297)